• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Playoff role reversal?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we beat the Cardinals in both of our meetings, it will be almost impossible to catch them and our best hope would be as the top wild card team.

Unless the NFCSouth gets its act together, we could see a 7-9 win that division, which would most likely be the Saints.

There is a distinct possibility that we (the defending champs) travel to N.O. to play a 7-9 team in the first round of the playoffs. Sound familiar?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely lining up that way. Hopefully we go on a bit of a run starting with KC this week and still make a push for the division. Zona's road got tougher with Palmer going out so that helps our chances of beating them in the head to head games (but don't be happy about it). SF can still make a run too if everything goes their way, but they are more likely to be playing for a WC spot or even just playing to be the spoiler to either us or Zona. This will be a fun 6 weeks, that much is certain.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost impossible? You do realize their starting qb just went out for the year? They have the nfcs best defense coming to town this weekend. If we win, very real possibility were only back 1 game after this week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost impossible? You do realize their starting qb just went out for the year? They have the nfcs best defense coming to town this weekend. If we win, very real possibility were only back 1 game after this week.[/QUOTE
My thoughts exactly. Right now the Seahawks are in good shape. They need to win this week end however.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost impossible? You do realize their starting qb just went out for the year? They have the nfcs best defense coming to town this weekend. If we win, very real possibility were only back 1 game after this week.[/QUOTE
My thoughts exactly. Right now the Seahawks are in good shape. They need to win this week end however.

Forecasting that far out is stupid. the nfl is a week to week league. This last week for example. The hottest team in all of football, pitt just got smoked by the worst team in the league, the jets....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately our fate is in our hands. 12-4 will win this division. Maybe 11-5

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts with this Sunday. We need this win in a big way.
From here on out every game is a huge factor in winning the West.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has a very good shot at beating them ... There playing good ball right now... I"m worried more about all these dam injuries that keep piling up for us... Mebane gone for the year... Now Miller gone for the year... We need to get our D back in tip top shape before we can even consider winning this division... We need Wagner, Kam and Smith back badly.... Hopefully our secondary can get healthy again and stay healthy also... This injury bug crap is starting to tick me off.... It's just so many positions and so spread out now....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has a very good shot at beating them ... There playing good ball right now... I"m worried more about all these dam injuries that keep piling up for us... Mebane gone for the year... Now Miller gone for the year... We need to get our D back in tip top shape before we can even consider winning this division... We need Wagner, Kam and Smith back badly.... Hopefully our secondary can get healthy again and stay healthy also... This injury bug crap is starting to tick me off.... It's just so many positions and so spread out now....

I see the Cards taking a step back with Palmer out and with a healthy D, Seattle can make a run for the Division crown. Beating KC would be sweet but losing to them isn't the worst in the world as I think Det can go into AZ and score a road win. I'm glad i'm not the only one that is getting pissed that our IR grows by the day. UGH!!!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Saints win their division at 7 and 9, will there be the same media fire storm as there was when seattle won their division at 7 and 9? 24/7 coverage of losing teams shouldn't get a home game and we need to change the playoff structure.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost impossible? You do realize their starting qb just went out for the year? They have the nfcs best defense coming to town this weekend. If we win, very real possibility were only back 1 game after this week.
Read my post again. Unless we beat them twice, it will be almost impossible for us to beat them. 7 games left. We're down by two. We'll essentially be down by 4 if we lose even one of those games. And will only have the other 6 games to make that up. Nearly impossible? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my post again. Unless we beat them twice, it will be almost impossible for us to beat them. 7 games left. We're down by two. We'll essentially be down by 4 if we lose even one of those games. And will only have the other 6 games to make that up. Nearly impossible? Yes

That's assuming that the Cards can maintain their two game lead in the weeks that they dont play the Hawks. That lead could be down to one game as early as Sunday afternoon.

I too disagree with 'nearly impossible'.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning both against Arizona would obviously be ideal, but with Stanton at QB, I wouldn't be surprised if they started to free fall.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, if they come into seattle and win with a backup qb, yes it will be over for us. (division wise atleast)

But I also think Zona loses this week to Det, loses next week to us, and bingo bango (if we win this week v kc) we're leading the division.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming that the Cards can maintain their two game lead in the weeks that they dont play the Hawks. That lead could be down to one game as early as Sunday afternoon.

I too disagree with 'nearly impossible'.
Don't get me wrong. I think our chances at winning the division are great. I would even give us the inside track OVER the cardinals to win the division. But for the sake of argument, bear with me here.

With 7 games left to play we are 6-3 and the Cards are 8-1. First tie breaker is head-to-head records, second is divisional record, and third is common opponents records (which would be all but our GB and CAR game). This works in favor of the Hawks, UNLESS we don't beat the Cardinals twice.

Even if we split our games with the Cardinals, that would make us 7-4 (1-2 in the division) and them 9-2 (3-1), with 5 games left. To win outright, we would need to win 3 more games than them, meaning that they would have to go 2-3 at best. For us to go 5-0 and them 2-3 is nearly impossible given our remaining SOS.

An easier scenario would be for us to tie, and then it would come down to division record. At worst, Cards would be 3-3 in the division, and at best we could be 4-2. If we run the division, and the division runs the Cards, we win. But if we tie the third tiebreaker will almost definitely be in favor of the Cardinals because we won both of our non-common games, and Cardinals have not played theirs yet (DET and ATL). If the Cardinals LOSE either of those games (which we hope they do) then this tiebreaker goes to the Cardinals.

Basically, if we drop a game to the Cardinals, we will need a LOT of help to win the division. However, if we win both of those games, then the division will likely be ours. I can't stress enough how important those games are for us.

But hey, if we have to play the first playoff game against a team with a losing record, that isn't such a bad consolation prize.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once week 11 is completed, ESPN will have their playoff machine up and running! I can spend hours on that.