• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 new NFL rules

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Season: 5 Rules That Will Come Under Scrutiny

Here or five new rules that the league will now employ. I'm okay with a few but, its two in particular that are just ridiculous and further dilutes the product on the field IMHO.

1. False starts will be called more strictly. They wan't these guys to be entirely still like their playing freeze tag (that's my interpretation the league obviously didn't use this verbage).

2. If i'm understanding this correctly it's now defensive holding while pulling a guys jersey while attemting to tackle him :L. Goddell you've gone to far.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive crap - holding, illegal hands is ridiculous and its not just us. Every game I watch it seems like flags every other play. No flow whatsoever.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Foul language

This new penalty has ramifications not just in the world of football, but in society in general. Officials can now assess a penalty to any player whom they judge to be using profane or foul language towards another player. This ruling is up to the referees, as the league has not provided a specific list of punishable words. What a player says, both on and off the field, is more scrutinized than ever before.

whatever you say sweet heart ......... *flag flies* 15 yd penalty :laugh3:

I thought talking trash on the football field was apart of football.

What next!!! little leaguers get a penalty for saying hey batter, batter swing?

who would have ever thought you would live to see the day where you had a lack of politeness penalty :wtf2:

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. If i'm understanding this correctly it's now defensive holding while pulling a guys jersey while attemting to tackle him :L. Goddell you've gone to far.

I can't imagine it will be called while making a tackle. You may see it in coverage or when guys are fighting of blocks

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine it will be called while making a tackle. You may see it in coverage or when guys are fighting of blocks

I hope so. I hope i'm over interpreting the intention of this rule.