• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Nets Mock Draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will attempt to put out the second round today, this draft will only be two rounds probably, and at most three. It will be for all 32 teams. Enjoy and please by all means agree and disagree, love the convo on these boards even when I am too busy to reply back.

Now welcome to the Nets Football League (NFL lol) 2014 draft.

1.) Houston Texans select Jadeveon Clowney
2.) St. Louis Rams select Sammy Watkins
3.) Jacksonville Jaguars select Greg Robinson
4.) Cleveland Browns select Jake Matthews
5.) Oakland Raiders selects Blake Bortles
6.)(TRADE) Atlanta Falcons trade the Houston Texans the #6 overall pick in 2014, #37 overall pick in 2014, a 1st in 2015, and a 2nd in 2016 for the rights to the #1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney. Recall the RG3 trade Skins moved from #6 overall to #2 for #6 overall, #39 overall, and 2 extra 1st in 2013 and 2014. This is for the first overall pick for a player many thought would be #1 overall last year and this year, this is not a QB so the price will come down a bit, but not much. With this pick the Houston Texans select Khalil Mack.
7.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Mike Evans
8.) Minnesota Vikings select Johnny Manziel
9.) Buffalo Bills select Taylor Lewan
10.) Detroit Lions select Justin Gilbert
11.) Tennessee Titans select Darqueze Dennard
12.) New York Giants select Eric Ebron
13.) St. Louis Rams select Zack Martin
14.) Chicago Bears select Aaron Donald
15.) Pittsburgh Steelers select HaHa Clinton Dix
16.) (TRADE) Dallas Cowboys trade the #16 overall pick in the 2014 draft to the Cleveland Browns for the #26 overall pick and the #35 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. While the Browns are overpaying by a bit, they do not want to miss out on Carr. The Browns select David Carr
17.) Baltimore Ravens select CJ Mosley
18.) New York Jets select Odell Beckham Jr.
19.) (Trade) Miami Dolphins trade the #19 pick in the 2014 NFL draft to San Francisco 49ers for #30 and #61 overall in the 2014 NFL draft. San Francisco 49ers select Kelvin Benjamin.
20.) Arizona Cardinals select Anthony Barr
21.) Green Packers select Morgan Moses
22.) Philadelphia Eagles select Brandin Cooks
23.) Kansas City Chiefs select Marqise Lee
24.) Cincinnati Bengals select Bradley Robey
25.) San Diego Chargers select Ryan Shazier
26.) Dallas Cowboys select Calvin Pryor
27.) New Orleans Saints select Ra'shede Hageman
28.) Carolina Panthers select Cody Latimer
29.) New England Patriots select Stephon Tuitt
30.) Miami Dolphins select Kyle Fuller
31.) Denver Broncos select Jason Verrett
32.) Seattle Seahawks select Timmy Jernigan (is this really a need for them? no, but do they ever draft need? They draft BPA and that is why they are the best, and at this point Timmy is probably the BPA outside of Teddy B)

I will do my best to do the second round by tonight or tomorrow. Enjoy :suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that trade if we landed the #35 to go back 10 spots.
#26, #35 & 47 three picks in the top 50 would be nice. Still possible to land a 1st round grade at 47 imagine if we landed 3 1st round grades :nod:

don't know if I would make the trade if I were the Falcons. Definitely would if I were the Texans though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that trade if we landed the #35 to go back 10 spots.
#26, #35 & 47 three picks in the top 50 would be nice. Still possible to land a 1st round grade at 47 imagine if we landed 3 1st round grades :nod:

don't know if I would make the trade if I were the Falcons. Definitely would if I were the Texans though.

The falcons are a team that has a GM that has the balls to make a trade like that. They are in win now mode, and what better way to win now than to get the best player in the draft hands down? I think of any team willing to do it, it would be them or Oakland.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you take a QB preferably Bridgewater, if he slides to our 2nd rd pick..... I honestly wouldnt had mind taking him in the first, knowing we now have (2) seconds.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stuff Nets but stranger things have happened

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....................and welcome back to round 2 of the 2014 Nets Football League draft

33.) Houston selects Teddy Bridgewater
34.) Washington selects Joel Bitonio
35.) Dallas selects Dee Ford
36.) Oakland selects Kony Ealy
37.) Houston selects Xavier Suha-filo
38.) Tampa selects Gabe Jackson
39.) Jacksonville selects Jimmy Garoppolo
40.) Minnesota selects Stanley Jean-Baptiste
41.) Buffalo selects Demarcus Lawrence
42.) Tennessee selects Zack Mettenberger
43.) New York Giants select Cyrus Kouandjio
44.) St. Louis selects Deone Bucannon
45.) Detroit selects Jimmie Ward
46.) Pittsburgh selects Louis Nix III
47.) Dallas selects Scott Crichton

well folks I will stop here for the night and try to pick it back up tomorrow and get through round 3.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard earlier today a trade like that was being Rumored - With Hou selecting Clowney and then trading him. That would be an amazing deal for Hou to get Mack and all of that for Clowney. Can't see Atl doing that. If i am them i sit bat and take Mack myself in that scenario, or take the best OT to fall. No need for a move like that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard earlier today a trade like that was being Rumored - With Hou selecting Clowney and then trading him. That would be an amazing deal for Hou to get Mack and all of that for Clowney. Can't see Atl doing that. If i am them i sit bat and take Mack myself in that scenario, or take the best OT to fall. No need for a move like that.

I think ATL is one of the most likely teams to do a deal like that to be honest. Think about it, their biggest need is pass rush, if you get the best player who is the best pass rusher you fix your biggest need for a team that has Super Bowl aspirations after having an injury filled season.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nets did a good job with the draft, but I do believe Atlanta would have to have one of the stupidest GM's in the history of the NFL to make that trade. Atlanta is picking 6th, which means they sure as Heck aren't one player away. Lets say Clowney were the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith. Would a young Bruce Smith make that bunch a Super Bowl winner? No way IMO, and that's the absolute best case scenario for that deal, as I'm betting Clowney is not a HOF player

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nets did a good job with the draft, but I do believe Atlanta would have to have one of the stupidest GM's in the history of the NFL to make that trade. Atlanta is picking 6th, which means they sure as Heck aren't one player away. Lets say Clowney were the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith. Would a young Bruce Smith make that bunch a Super Bowl winner? No way IMO, and that's the absolute best case scenario for that deal, as I'm betting Clowney is not a HOF player

right now that title is held by Matt Millen for his stint in Detroit followed closely by Mike Lynn and the trade for Herchel Walker which is sad because Lynn was a pretty good GM other than that trade

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now that title is held by Matt Millen for his stint in Detroit followed closely by Mike Lynn and the trade for Herchel Walker which is sad because Lynn was a pretty good GM other than that trade

I think this one would take the cake. Net's used the RG3 trade as an example of why there would be so much compensation, but St Louis would do that deal again in a second. I bet the Redskins wouldn't. And this would be different for a couple of reasons. 1)the RG3 deal was for a QB 2)this is a deeper draft. When a team has the 27th best record in a 32 team league, trading multiple high picks for a pass rusher is borderline insane

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it if you swap out Pryor and take Ward instead. Pryor is more of a hitter. Ward is probably the best coverage safety in the draft. I think Cleveland would do it and we know Jerrah would jump on it. Now I think a team like the Titans or Bucs could go qb. It is good that 6 teams in the top 10 have needs for qb. This could be a crazy draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ATL is one of the most likely teams to do a deal like that to be honest. Think about it, their biggest need is pass rush, if you get the best player who is the best pass rusher you fix your biggest need for a team that has Super Bowl aspirations after having an injury filled season.

Like I said though...in that scenario just take Mack (and keep those other picks) and he is your pass rusher and to be honest it remains to be seen which will end up the better pass rusher. But, Clowney does fit their defense better than Mack. I'm not saying I think Mack is as good as Clowney, I'm saying they seem close enough to make the rest of the deal WAYYYYYY to prohibitive. There is no shot they give up that much. If you said their first and second round pick of this year I think it would be more likely, or maybe this years #1 and next years #1?

Last edited by a moderator:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put the Rams as a team that could use a qb. Bradfords productiion does not match the huge contract, he is also very injury prone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this one would take the cake. Net's used the RG3 trade as an example of why there would be so much compensation, but St Louis would do that deal again in a second. I bet the Redskins wouldn't. And this would be different for a couple of reasons. 1)the RG3 deal was for a QB 2)this is a deeper draft. When a team has the 27th best record in a 32 team league, trading multiple high picks for a pass rusher is borderline insane

We have to understand that future picks are devalued. The #1 pick overall is worth 3,000 points and I believe the #6 pick is only worth 1,600 plus #37 is 530 that's only 2,130. So now you still need an additional 870 points, a future pick is extremely devalued in 2012 and 2013 the Falcons picked 22 which is 780, the 54th pick which is the average 2nd round position for ATL during those seasons as well which is worth 360 points. So add the 2,130 plus 780 plus 360 equals 3,270 and take into consideration those picks being the future are devalued and now you see this trade is actually more than fair.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft chart is only as accurate as the two guys holding it feel it is and that was pre-rookie cap. Mack is probably 50/50 to be the 2nd pick. So the trade can be looked at like this by someone who views them as #1 and #2: this years #1 for this years #2, #39 and next years 1st and 2nd round pick. It just isn't going to happen IMO. Maybe if he was a franchise QB, but not in this particular case.

If I am Atl I love my spot here. There are 6 players I think are elite ignoring QB. I take whichever falls. If a QB or two goes I like my spot even more. Clowney, Mack, Watkins and any of the OTs would be great picks for them.