• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft Redux

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you underestimate defensive backs in this league. Contrary to popular belief, you do need some sort of separation to make a catch. Unless you are Odell Beckham.

I'm not underestimating them, but Broyles doesn't need to be an all world sprinter to get open. Good route runners like him can find ways to get open.

Maybe his knees won't ever hold up through his hard cuts? I dunno, but my point remains.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you underestimate defensive backs in this league. Contrary to popular belief, you do need some sort of separation to make a catch. Unless you are Odell Beckham.

Besides tate the lions receivers are not getting any separation, so why not try broyles? The other guys arent getting open, whats the worst that can happen? He drops two tds? We already have players doing that...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broyles has good hands. The guy should not drop passes like Ebron, Fauria, Fuller, and Ross.

Plus it would send a message to the guy he replaces..."hold onto the damn BALL"

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I'm not against Broyles, but "good hands" isn't a reason to just "give him a chance". Kellen Moore has good accuracy and leadership skills, plus has performed well in the preseason. Plus he was good in college. Should we just "give him a chance", as well?

Broyles is not an outside WR, so while Fuller deserves less playing time, Broyles can't step in at that position. He's not taking over for Tate. And is he better than Ross? Ross hasnt done bad this year, so we should bench him to give RB a chance? It wasn't exactly an easy TD " drop" he had Sunday. IMO Ross has been a fine #4. Plus he returns.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I'm not against Broyles, but "good hands" isn't a reason to just "give him a chance". Kellen Moore has good accuracy and leadership skills, plus has performed well in the preseason. Plus he was good in college. Should we just "give him a chance", as well?

Broyles is not an outside WR, so while Fuller deserves less playing time, Broyles can't step in at that position. He's not taking over for Tate. And is he better than Ross? Ross hasnt done bad this year, so we should bench him to give RB a chance? It wasn't exactly an easy TD " drop" he had Sunday. IMO Ross has been a fine #4. Plus he returns.

If you listen to 97.1 the answer is yes.

The difference is Broyles plays a position that has multiple guys playing every game. Plus you have to send a message to the 3-5 receivers that they get minutes when given a chance better produce.

If the Lions didn't try other guys someone like Theo Riddick may be on the practice squad. He did well and was given some time when LeShoure didn't perform.