• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Buffalo Bills season

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's everyone expecting to see happen this year?

My expectations are we won't be in playoff contention, but the team makes positive steps in the right direction and becomes the clear number 2 team in the AFC East with the Dolphins and Jets both looking to be in near turmoil right now. We have a young hungry team on both sides of the ball. It's nice to have a group of players who really seem to be putting in a ton of effort to have strong NFL careers. I do think our passing game will be a good improvement, Watkins is a clear star, he will have some rookie struggles, but he's been one of the hardest workers on this team already, and of course he's one of the most talented too. Look for Robert Woods to improve from a strong rookie year last year, and Mike Williams will be a good acquisition a think for us, if he's going to succeed in the NFL it's right now, he's been a guy who has had work ethic issues, but now he's surrounded by a hard working group, I'm interested to see what happens, if he puts in the work he can be a very good receiver. We also have speed threats in Goodwin and Graham. If the offensive line can improve it will be a good offense. On defense the front 7 is definitely our strong area, the issue is the secondary, Gilmore is a great corner, but we need some players to step up at safety and the other corner spots, Roby has been looking like a good slot corner so far, Searcy is one I'm hoping will step up even more in the secondary, it seemed like every time we won last year he had a turnover.

I hope maybe just maybe we can beat the Patriots once also :pray:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far its starting with a bang Kiko out for the year

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Nigel Bradham... great start.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think EJ Manuel is a bust. I'm glad they are now stocked with weapons so hopefully the Bills will not wait 1-3 years too long to decide EJ is not the guy. No excuses. He'll have 2 (maybe 3) elite RBs. A #1 Draft pick WR that the Bills believe should be pro bowl-bound every year. The rest of the receiving corp is good enough. So it's on EJ to prove his worth.

Schedule will be much tougher than last year. Considering they went 6-10 last year with a cake schedule, I just can't see any better this year. Alonso and Bradham already hurt.

Going to be a long year. I do not think this is a year they make positive steps in an improved direction. Quite the opposite. They will be mired in the same forgettable mess they are usually in. No way do they separate themselves as the #2 team in the division.

Tannenhill is on the cusp of being a legit NFL QB. If Miami can protect him, they should be approaching mediocre. The Jets will still have an above average defense and good coaching.

Anyone predicting playoffs?? Or 8-8 or 9-7?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see the injuries. I'm still stuck in facepalm.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think EJ Manuel is a bust. I'm glad they are now stocked with weapons so hopefully the Bills will not wait 1-3 years too long to decide EJ is not the guy. No excuses. He'll have 2 (maybe 3) elite RBs. A #1 Draft pick WR that the Bills believe should be pro bowl-bound every year. The rest of the receiving corp is good enough. So it's on EJ to prove his worth.

Schedule will be much tougher than last year. Considering they went 6-10 last year with a cake schedule, I just can't see any better this year. Alonso and Bradham already hurt.

Going to be a long year. I do not think this is a year they make positive steps in an improved direction. Quite the opposite. They will be mired in the same forgettable mess they are usually in. No way do they separate themselves as the #2 team in the division.

Tannenhill is on the cusp of being a legit NFL QB. If Miami can protect him, they should be approaching mediocre. The Jets will still have an above average defense and good coaching.

Anyone predicting playoffs?? Or 8-8 or 9-7?

I think its too early to label him a bust. I dont think he will be anything great but I think he will be around in the league for a while. As far as the season goes I think we can be 8-8 or 9-7 Dolphins and Jets are not good Geno and Tanny are not great QBs. We still probably miss the playoffs but I can see improvement. As far as Kiko yeah it hurts but he is only one peice and they loaded up on LB this off-season. We will be ok.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hide your women,.....patriot-nation is on our way ^UP^/this weekend,....!!.......*ggggrrrr/buuuuuurp*.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. We can finally say we are not an automatic win for you guys. I hope we get Kyle Williams back.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This win would be so huge for the Bills. They win this and they can start thinking realistically about a division crown. The Pats would be 0-2 in the division and the Bills 2-0, making it likely a tie with the Pats wins it.

New England has owned the Bills for a decade so I still have a bad feeling about this game. Brady looked like Brady last week and I don't think anyone really expected the Patriots to be total garbage like they looked at times earlier in the year.

This should be a big test to show us if the Bills are real.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? = why's the buff/pats on fox this week,.....somebody said the ~flex~ schedule started early...?,...still never got an honest answer by any network [local or national].

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One huge thing that has helped us this year is how amazing our draft picks have been

Watkins has become our top receiver

Offensive linemen have all been good, especially Henderson who was a talented player that never lived up to his hype in college, an incredible 7th round pick for us

and Preston Brown has been solid on defense

I'm amazed that our roster has talent for once

and we're drafting players that turn out to be good, clearly we made an improvement in our scouting department

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY too premature to call this draft a success. Henderson I think we can say was a great pick at this point, but that's it.

Watkins becoming the #1 WR...well, after trading Stevie, that was going to happen basically by default.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geesh johnson. Pretty tough grading when you don't give Preston Brown any credit. And it's not just the draft, signing Corey Graham has turned out positively not to mention UFA last year Nickell Robey.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Preston Brown is looking like it will be a nice pick.

The problem with this Bills draft is Sammy Watkins will have to be better than he has been to justify what they gave away to get him. He's been good for a rookie drafted in the second round you didn't mortgage next year's draft for. Bills fans understandably minimize the value of a FIRST ROUND PICK in the NFL Draft, because usually the Bills just make a joke of it anyways, but that is a huge thing to give away.

Watkins must be held to an elite standard of play sooner than usual. That's probably unfair to him personally, but it's on the Bills and how they drafted.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a tough game up in Buffalo today. The Bills defense can be downright nasty so I gots my fingers crossed that the Pats O-line can get the job done.

Good luck.