• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 B1G hoops thread

Fandango

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Nebraska is going to end up being a bit of a dud this season, at least in comparison to the expectations that people have going into the year.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Nebraska is going to end up being a bit of a dud this season, at least in comparison to the expectations that people have going into the year.

I couldn't agree less....wait, I can disagree more....wait....the phrase works much better when I'm agreeing!

let me say this:

Huskers are a team i'll be rooting for this year, and I think they are gonna be damn good

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fair for me to say Nebraska is like a step behind Iowa in the building the program process.

I will agree it is more impressive what Nebraska has done because they have never really been good in basketball, where Iowa has been good. When Fran McCaffery took over Iowa was horrible though, and he has built the program up. I see Nebraska at where Iowa was a few years ago. They are a good team, just not one of the teams to beat. Nebraska will be a serious threat to any teams to beat but can't quite take that label yet. I want to say Iowa is just starting to become one of the teams to beat.

But in a few years, Nebraska could be a team to beat.

Fandango

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers are a team i'll be rooting for this year, and I think they are gonna be damn good
As far as Big Ten competition goes, I would actually be happy if the Huskers were good this year, just because I like the underdog story. Also I have friends that played under Tim Miles when he coached at Mayville State, so I will always be a fan of his. I just think that a lot of people are over-estimating how well they are doing based upon a single solid season.