• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Opponents Found Defense Predictable

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had this convo yesterday with my boys. The change from Defforrest to Patterson meant nothing they both called the games almost identical.

We can't just have guys out there so specialized that the offense know exactly what is going to happen I.e. Golson blitzing, year before it was Francis and if you look at their individual seasons they look exactly alike. Both started off getting pressure and sacks then as season moved on every team knew ok that guy is coming no surprise. Hoping with more athletic LBs this year we can bring pressure from different positions on field and not be so predictable. If your going to the 3-3-5 because of speed then use it.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have surely made it too easy for opposing defenses the last 2 years. I am soo glad that Patterson found another job.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charleston Daily Mail | WVU FOOTBALL: Opposing Big 12 players explain Mountaineers’ struggles on defense

Interesting article. Made me think a little. Was the WVU defense predictable because of the DC... or was it a matter of the DC adjusting his calls to the youth/inexperience of his secondary?

While I love Joseph's big hitting ability, he has not proven to be a great coverage guy. WVU's cover 2 was not executed very well... to say the least...

I think they played it okay...they just ran it too much...you run cover 2 you are exposed between the LB's and Safety's...you have to run single high sometimes and come up an force the line of scrimmage...something the last two DC's were not comfortable in doing...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they played it okay...they just ran it too much...you run cover 2 you are exposed between the LB's and Safety's...you have to run single high sometimes and come up an force the line of scrimmage...something the last two DC's were not comfortable in doing...

I guess they played it OK... considering Joseph bit on the play action... time after time after time. Oh yeah... our CB's didn't JAM anyone... and our LB's couldn't cover anyone.

Outside of that... I guess you could say they did OK...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they played it OK... considering Joseph bit on the play action... time after time after time. Oh yeah... our CB's didn't JAM anyone... and our LB's couldn't cover anyone.

I wonder why they made those same mistakes again and again, must have been a previous coaches fault that they are not being taught what they are doing wrong.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if he bit on play action....probably got tired of seeing everything being caught in front of him...but that did leave him exposed on the back end for sure...which we saw no doubt..

THE CB's weren't asked to jam...major part of the problem....I think our Lb's that were left standing to play had no idea where they were going....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why they made those same mistakes again and again, must have been a previous coaches fault that they are not being taught what they are doing wrong.

Must have been.

Wait a minute... weren't you the one who said players could't be taught how to stop fumbling? The previous coach kept Ryan Clarke in the game to keep fumbling away one win after another... after another...

I guess this coach is doing things as well as the previous coach... wouldn't you say?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe freshmen are harder to coach up than Sr's....just sayin

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been.

Wait a minute... weren't you the one who said players could't be taught how to stop fumbling? The previous coach kept Ryan Clarke in the game to keep fumbling away one win after another... after another...

I guess this coach is doing things as well as the previous coach... wouldn't you say?

NO, Ryan Clarke's fumbles were clearly Fraud's fault, using your logic. Of course this year, WVU lost more games than in any two of the previous coaches seasons......I would rather lose a close game at LSU due to a fumble, than to take an ass kicking from Kansas ANY day.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe freshmen are harder to coach up than Sr's....just sayin

I thought they went out and got JUCO guys who could make an immediate impact????

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they went out and got JUCO guys who could make an immediate impact????

Oh that is the master plan for success don't recruit and fill every position by juco guys now I see where the previous stff was going with their recruiting plan.......even with the juco guys we have had to play freshman all over the field. Let's see LB, CB, SS, DL, WR, RB have all had to be filled by frosh over the last three years.

Our JUCO guys have made an immediate impact if it was not for them we would be pulling people out of the stands to fill the roster the last two years. I'll say it once more since you can't seem to get it, subtract the SRs transfers from the team the last two years and tell me who is left...that is the team mess DH was left with....hell you want him to coach, the previous coach left him nothing here to coach.

I think my surgery was less painful than talking to you about WVU football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, Ryan Clarke's fumbles were clearly Fraud's fault, using your logic. Of course this year, WVU lost more games than in any two of the previous coaches seasons......I would rather lose a close game at LSU due to a fumble, than to take an ass kicking from Kansas ANY day.

I don't follow your logic. Clarke was recruited during Stewart's reign. Beatty was his recruiter. How do you put the blame on Rich?

I'd rather win than lose any day...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow your logic. Clarke was recruited during Stewart's reign. Beatty was his recruiter. How do you put the blame on Rich?

I'd rather win than lose any day...

Clarke was forced into action as a Freshman because Fraud left the cupboard bare,

I would say you do NOT like to win, you bitched before that winning close games was not good, you railed for a 9-4 coach to be fired due to losing two close games due to PHYSICAL errors, but take up for a coach who gets worse each season, who cant get kids to take a knee when they field the ball 9 yards deep in the end zone, and now has the program to where they cant compete with KANSAS, KANSAS, not LSU or Auburn.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarke was forced into action as a Freshman because Fraud left the cupboard bare,

I would say you do NOT like to win, you bitched before that winning close games was not good, you railed for a 9-4 coach to be fired due to losing two close games due to PHYSICAL errors, but take up for a coach who gets worse each season, who cant get kids to take a knee when they field the ball 9 yards deep in the end zone, and now has the program to where they cant compete with KANSAS, KANSAS, not LSU or Auburn.

What the fuck are you talking about? Clarke was part of Stewart's grand scheme to make WVU a multi-dimensional offense. He was recruited to provide a big back… to add power football.

Don't you remember how WVU had trouble picking up short yards… he blamed the tiny speedsters recruited under Rich? He even put Jarrett Brown in to run short yardage downs his first year as HC… until Jarrett got hurt. That was good… get your back-up hurt playing RB.

Ryan wasn't forced into early action because of Rich… he was on the field because he was part of Stewart's dream.

Stewart turned one of the nations's best… most high octane offenses…. into a middle of the pack dud.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about? Clarke was part of Stewart's grand scheme to make WVU a multi-dimensional offense. He was recruited to provide a big back… to add power football.

Don't you remember how WVU had trouble picking up short yards… he blamed the tiny speedsters recruited under Rich? He even put Jarrett Brown in to run short yardage downs his first year as HC… until Jarrett got hurt. That was good… get your back-up hurt playing RB.

Ryan wasn't forced into early action because of Rich… he was on the field because he was part of Stewart's dream.

Stewart turned one of the nations's best… most high octane offenses…. into a middle of the pack dud.

If Mullen's offense was a dud, then what is it today, a HALF POINT better in 2013 than in 2010 WOW, your love for Holgorsen is just amazing, the guy turned a team that played toe to toe with anyone into Kansas whipping boy in three years........................

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... we don't know what WVU's offense is today. But, we know WVU's offense improved when Tavon and Stedman played in it during year 2. So, one would expect the kids playing today should see improvement this year too.

Something we never saw under Stewart...