• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft for VT board:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT can do what he wants. I'm not one of these people that get all worked up one way or the other about a kid's decision so either way its cool in my book. I'll root for him regardless.

But I do look at it from a skills standpoint (as I do with all decisions to come out) and in LT's case, I think its a mistake. He took too large a step back this year. He needs to work on his skills more if he truly wants to be successful in the NFL. It doesn't matter if he could get drafted high because this year's QB class stinks. In fact, it makes it worse. Because more will be expected of him and he's not ready. Gone are the days in the NFL where you can learn how to play NFL QB as a back up for a couple of years and go. Most teams throw you into the fire early. If you don't show progress after 2 years in, you're basically done (see Tebow, Gabbert, and soon to be Ponder and Locker). That's going to happen to LT if he goes now. He's going to get drafted by a team with a QB need somewhere in 2 or 3. They'll look at his frame and see Kaepernick/Newton and expect similar results right away.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it isn't in his best interest to enter the draft. While he may get a decent (2nd or 3rd round) assessment from the advisory board, I just don't think any team is going to take a chance and burn a draft pick they could use to acquire a starting player based on his film from this year, potential aside.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think LT goes. He's got tantalizing physical gifts that will get him drafted in the second or third round. This year's QB class is weak as all get out. He went from a first rounder to a 2-3 with the bad season. Another bad year could really hurt him next year. I think he is better off taking the NFL money while he can because the downside risk is potentially as large as or greater than the upside risk (i.e. financially good for life vs totally set for life vs being a record setting VT QB and selling cars like Maurice Deshazo).

Hopefully having a legit position coach next year will convince LT to return.

If LT returns, this could be a legendary VT draft class for how bad it is. Marcus Davis a 2nd?!? I don't care how good _HIS_ numbers are. The drops and the blocking negate the numbers. And LT's physical gifts barely put him in the 2nd round and QB is a lot more prioritized than WR in the draft.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's no substitute for game experience, and it's pretty clear that LT could use another year of it in any format, before heading for the NFL.

I'm sure the money is good, but wouldn't it be worth another year to increase the odds of success?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources of sources are reporting that he is staying! And he is having a press release rather than a press conference, so that is normally an indicator of staying rather than going. But we shall see.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the East West Shrine game? Anyone know where I can find stats or observations from it? Can't find it anywhere online.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
google shows something on bleacher report and something on sbnation, but neither article mention Davis. Sounds like the only East player of note was a DE out of USCe.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found several reports online of how Collin Klein stunk up the joint for the east...probably explains why we haven't heard much on Davis or Fuller.

ESPN Box Score: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=330193147

Fuller: 2 rec, 29 yds
Davis: 1 rec, 16 yds

The East QB's had a total of 95 yds passing, 3 ints.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know who really sucks? Colin Klein. He shuffles around behind the line waiting for a hole to open up and lucky for him most of the time it does. Once he gets started he's hard to bring down but not any tougher than LT and he's certainly slower. He would've had about 150 rushing yards at VT this year

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who really sucks? Colin Klein. He shuffles around behind the line waiting for a hole to open up and lucky for him most of the time it does. Once he gets started he's hard to bring down but not any tougher than LT and he's certainly slower. He would've had about 150 rushing yards at VT this year

He was a system QB. I'm not even sure he's going to get drafted despite being a Heisman finalist.