• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College World Series thread

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better than the old system when they just played one championship game.

i agree the 3 game series in a major improvement but the WCWS does the loser winner bracket switch i just wonder why the CWS doesnt. It makes the round after todays games interesting because you dont necessarily see two same teams facing off against each other.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree the 3 game series in a major improvement but the WCWS does the loser winner bracket switch i just wonder why the CWS doesnt. It makes the round after todays games interesting because you dont necessarily see two same teams facing off against each other.

Yeah. I can't remember what thread I posted it in, but there is an advantage to being in one bracket here compared to the other. For instance tonight's winner gets tomorrow off and won't play Mississippi St until Friday. Tomorrow night's winner has to turn right around and play UCLA Friday. They get no rest, and that can bite you if you're getting thin on pitchers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an advantage to play in the opening day bracket.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an advantage to play in the opening day bracket.

yeah i saw that a few minutes ago when i was looking for the unc/ncst start time. I guess they figure they get the rest today and then dont have to play again till the night game on Friday.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow night's winner has to turn right around and play UCLA Friday. They get no rest, and that can bite you if you're getting thin on pitchers.

Shouldn't be to big of a factor as UCLA's starter went into the 8th inning last nite and left after getting no outs. UNC's starter went deep too as NCS never did get into their BP.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does the CWS not bracket switch with the loser bracket winners? and which way do you guys prefer?

Once you're in the losers bracket you either win or go home. They figure that's better than having a team with one loss face a team with no losses, beat them and then nobody goes home.

It is faster and more efficient to keep losers in the losers bracket. Teams play fewer games that way and waste fewer pitchers.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you're in the losers bracket you either win or go home. They figure that's better than having a team with one loss face a team with no losses, beat them and then nobody goes home.

It is faster and more efficient to keep losers in the losers bracket. Teams play fewer games that way and waste fewer pitchers.

He's saying why not take the 2 ultimate winners of the loser's bracket and switch them. That way 2 teams wouldn't have to play each other twice.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying why not take the 2 ultimate winners of the loser's bracket and switch them. That way 2 teams wouldn't have to play each other twice.

Is there another argument to be made for it besides keeping those 2 teams from playing each other twice? Because I don't think the CWS officials care if they have to play each other twice.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss St is just waiting on OSU or Indiana.

They would have to lose two in a row. I would rather them play Indiana, their pitching staff isn't as strong as Indiana's

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there another argument to be made for it besides keeping those 2 teams from playing each other twice? Because I don't think the CWS officials care if they have to play each other twice.

Not really...

I do like Tabasco's idea tho. it allows a lot of different matchups. Although making the Winners champ take on the loser champ of their bracket makes a best 2 out of 3 in a way. Which will always favor the better teams.

I was just clarifying what he meant, because your response to his quote didn't have anything to do with the question.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss St is just waiting on OSU or Indiana.

They would have to lose two in a row. I would rather them play Indiana, their pitching staff isn't as strong as Indiana's

Rather play Indiana bc their pitching staff isn't as strong as Indiana's? :wtf:

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of Regionals, someone predicted LSU vs an unranked foe. I countered with noticing it could be OR St vs an unranked UCLA. I'd sure love to see my prediction come true. GO BEAVS tonight !!!!! Got to get past Indiana to exact some revenge on Missy St on Friday.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of Regionals, someone predicted LSU vs an unranked foe. I countered with noticing it could be OR St vs an unranked UCLA. I'd sure love to see my prediction come true. GO BEAVS tonight !!!!! Got to get past Indiana to exact some revenge on Missy St on Friday.

Welcome aboard. :yo:

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, I have to leave for work (swing shift) in about 20 minutes. I won't know what happened until I get home around 2:00 AM and check the brackets again.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ore State vs. Indiana today! Wed 6/19 @ %PM under the lights....PRIMETIME...

1-n-done from here on out...:whistle:

Damn you left coasters!! I was looking frantically for the game. It's suppose to start @ % (5) and it's no where to be found. :L