• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 PGAT Season underway!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Johnson won the HSBC in China yesterday...I'm just learning this is the start of the new wrap around PGAT season...I thought this was a end of year, keep your card type a tourney...nearly all the top 30 big guns were in the field.

This was like the 2nd or 3rd of maybe 4 such events...then there's a 6 week break before HI. & west cost.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two seasons in a row now he has won the opener.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched about half Sat, and half Sunday...seems like 5 or 6 guys really went low at least 1 round, Rory, Bubba, Johnson, Poulter.

I imagine to with a billion people the growth opportunity in China has to be great.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched about half Sat, and half Sunday...seems like 5 or 6 guys really went low at least 1 round, Rory, Bubba, Johnson, Poulter.

I imagine to with a billion people the growth opportunity in China has to be great.

I missed almost all of it. I could never figure out what time the golf was being televised.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed almost all of it. I could never figure out what time the golf was being televised.

I know...was up really early (like 3a Sat. morning) and happened across it surfing channels to go back to sleep...turns out that was a replay...the final round same on Sat. night about 10.

Here in GA again this week I think before the break...So. GA...really nice track Sea Island...I haven't played but may tell me it's a must play...DL3, Kuchar, several other PGAT guys make a home down there now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know...was up really early (like 3a Sat. morning) and happened across it surfing channels to go back to sleep...turns out that was a replay...the final round same on Sat. night about 10.

Here in GA again this week I think before the break...So. GA...really nice track Sea Island...I haven't played but may tell me it's a must play...DL3, Kuchar, several other PGAT guys make a home down there now.

I've heard good things about the golf at Sea Island. I've played a few courses on Spring Island near Savannah but it is actually in SC. Nice place. Humid as a son of a bitch though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard good things about the golf at Sea Island. I've played a few courses on Spring Island near Savannah but it is actually in SC. Nice place. Humid as a son of a bitch though.

Sea Island golf is pretty pricey...GA is humid all over really (July/Aug especially), but the air is heavier down south...I club up one whenever I play in FL or So. GA.

imo, the best golf in GA collectively is Lake Oconee...the big short game guru Pelz, had a DG school over there @ the Ritz I think...may still be there. They have about 6 world class tracks that rival great private tracks for conditioning.

Right now the bent grass greens are really fast here (2' of extra rollout)...perfect weather for this surface.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played a few rounds of golf in Georgia back in the early 80s with an old army buddy from Georgia. He got out just before me and formed a band called the Georgia Satellites. Played golf all day and rocked all night.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played a few rounds of golf in Georgia back in the early 80s with an old army buddy from Georgia. He got out just before me and formed a band called the Georgia Satellites. Played golf all day and rocked all night.

lol...sounds like the life.

North GA is mostly rolling, tree lined terrain...less hilly as you go south of Macon...an underrated golf state imo. ATL imo is too big to retire, but further south, near St. Simons/Sea Island I'd like...wife wants to go back to FL, and I'm not really into yet...Naples/Bonita Sprgs area I like, but pricey.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...sounds like the life.

North GA is mostly rolling, tree lined terrain...less hilly as you go south of Macon...an underrated golf state imo. ATL imo is too big to retire, but further south, near St. Simons/Sea Island I'd like...wife wants to go back to FL, and I'm not really into yet...Naples/Bonita Sprgs area I like, but pricey.

Man, wait till you see what they charge you for hurricane insurance on your home and valuables. It'll be more than your morgage I'm told.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, wait till you see what they charge you for hurricane insurance on your home and valuables. It'll be more than your morgage I'm told.

It got bad right after Hugo...we moved to NJ shortly after that hurricane. I can only imagine now.