• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Memorial Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're shutting down the air horns for the 3rd period...About bloody time.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're shutting down the air horns for the 3rd period...About bloody time.

So much for that...I hope Shawinigan enjoyed hosting this tourney, because they're not going to get it again. What a farce.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to OT - I hope London wins it, because I truly despise these Shawinigan fans...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
those horns are awful.
I am a firm believer that any team that uses thundersticks or these things prevalently should be at risk of losing their franchise.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't beleive you can ice the puck in the OHL and the Q and you're still allowed to change skaters. The Dub had adopted the NHL icing rule.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs aren't calling anything in this OT session...Jarrod Knight had a Cataractes player stick in his ear strap.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about wanting Shawinigan to lose because of their idiot fans. Also they have benefitted from sketchy officiating all tournament long and the one time they think they are getting screwed and lose they litter the ice with garbage. Then there is that little part about them only winning 1 playoff series against a bottom feeder yet manage to find themselves in the Memorial Cup final thanks in part to some horrible officiating.

I just started watching. What's going on with the air horns? Did they say they were getting rid of them and then change their minds?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, Shawinigan just won. It was a nice goal to end it. I truly hate those air horns.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Shawini-win

good game to watch - awful game to hear

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching. What's going on with the air horns? Did they say they were getting rid of them and then change their minds?

Daren Millard said during the 2nd intermission that they were going to stop the fans from using the air horns. Obviously, he was wrong.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking bullshit! They don't even win their league but end up as Memorial Cup Champs.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking bullshit! They don't even win their league but end up as Memorial Cup Champs.

The one drawback to the Memorial Cup tournament, but money will always win out.

That was a good game, but I felt the refs let way too much go and that was my feeling before the OT period. Shenanigans committed two blatant penalties in OT both of which should have been called. One took away a legitimate scoring chance for the Knights when the guy making a move on net got tripped and the second was the high stick where the blade ended up stuck in the chin strap. I know they say let the guys decide the game on the ice, but penalties occur on the ice do they not? In my book Shenanigans will always have the * next to their Memorial Cup Championship.*

London was very young this year, and this game is gonna sting for awhile. It would not shock me at all to see them in Saskatoon next season.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one drawback to the Memorial Cup tournament, but money will always win out.

That was a good game, but I felt the refs let way too much go and that was my feeling before the OT period. Shenanigans committed two blatant penalties in OT both of which should have been called. One took away a legitimate scoring chance for the Knights when the guy making a move on net got tripped and the second was the high stick where the blade ended up stuck in the chin strap. I know they say let the guys decide the game on the ice, but penalties occur on the ice do they not? In my book Shenanigans will always have the * next to their Memorial Cup Championship.*

London was very young this year, and this game is gonna sting for awhile. It would not shock me at all to see them in Saskatoon next season.

Agree 100%. I hate when people say things like "the officials don't want to decide the game" or that "they want to let the players play". Well sometimes officials decide games by not calling penalties and sometimes in order to let players play you need to call penalties.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Zlobin guy seems like a good kid, so good for him to get the winner I suppose.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawinigan earned it. They won it the hard way. Kabanov has some sick skill. Zlobin went undrafted last year. Scored 40 goals this season. He & Kabanov are buddies. With two 5th round picks I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles take Zlobin if he's still on the board.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this is the CHL championship tournament, there is no Russian team entered, let's keep the Russian flag off the ice in the future.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this is the CHL championship tournament, there is no Russian team entered, let's keep the Russian flag off the ice in the future.

Zlobin is from Russia. I don't know if you noticed, but some fans in the stands had Russian flags with the numbers of their two Russian players #77 & #79.

I don't think it's a big deal.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zlobin is from Russia. I don't know if you noticed, but some fans in the stands had Russian flags with the numbers of their two Russian players #77 & #79.

I don't think it's a big deal.

Fans can do whatever the heck they want to do (within reason), but a Canadian based team won the tourney. If Plymouth or Saginaw or Spokane or Portland won the Memorial Cup, I wouldn't have a problem with the Stars and Stripes on the ice. Maybe we should start playing the Russian anthem before every Shawinigan home game.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can do whatever the heck they want to do (within reason), but a Canadian based team won the tourney. If Plymouth or Saginaw or Spokane or Portland won the Memorial Cup, I wouldn't have a problem with the Stars and Stripes on the ice. Maybe we should start playing the Russian anthem before every Shawinigan home game.

If the CHL wants to put a stop to it all they have to do is eliminate the ability of foreign players to play in their leagues. Hmm.. I wonder what school Emerson Etem would have gone too?? I'm sure the USHL would be overjoyed. Sorry Seth Jones no WHL for you. You do get the opportunity to earn a degree at the college of your choice that has a hockey program though.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sea Dogs fan I would hate to have foreign players gone from the CHL. :D