• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2010 TCU; Overrated?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken some snark about Wisconsin losing to a mid major in the Rose Bowl last season. Let's talk about this. Here is Wisconsin's graduating class from last season.

JJ Watt - 2010...starting DE for Wisconsin. 2011...starting DE Texans.

Gabe Carimi - 2010...starting LT for Wisconsin. 2011...starting LT Bears.

John Moffitt - 2010...starting LG for Wisconsin. 2011...starting LG Seahawks.

Bill Nagy - 2010...BACKUP OL for Wisconsin. 2011...starting LG Cowboys.

Lance Kendricks - 2010 starting TE for Wisconsin. 2011...starting TE Rams.

David Gilreath - 2010 #1 return man Wisconsin. 2011...#1 PR Colts.

Scott Tolzien - Unitas winning QB Wisconsin. 2011...#3 QB 49ers

Most rookies in camp at the start of the NFL year.

(Awards racked up by Badgers playing in the Rose Bowl)

-Unitas Golden Arm
-Outland Trophy
-Lott Trophy
- 4 first team all Big 10
- 3 second team all Big 10
- 11 all Big 10 honorable mentions
- Big 10 freshman of the year (James White)

Star players on the roster who are still on the team...Nick Toon, Montee Ball, James White, Pete Konz, Kevin Zeitler, Jared Abbredaris, Aaron Henry, Antonio Fenelus, Brady Ewing, Mike Taylor...etc... Some of these guys will be first or second all Big 10 this year.

TCU beat that team by 2 points in the Rose Bowl. IMO they could have given Stanford, Oregon, or Auburn a game...if not a loss.

It doesn't matter what has happened to TCU this season, they lost a huge slew of starters.

2010 TCU was GREAT. End of story.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they were overrated last year, but they definitely were going into this year. No team losing as much as they did after last year including, but not limited to, a starting NFL quarterback as a rookie should even sniff the top 25 in preseason polls.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say they were overrated last year?

Today I got into an argument over on Disney with Michigan State fans who insisted losing by two to TCU was more embarrassing than losing by 42 to Alabama. That would suggest that many view TCU as something other than the second best team in America.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I got into an argument over on Disney with Michigan State fans who insisted losing by two to TCU was more embarrassing than losing by 42 to Alabama. That would suggest that many view TCU as something other than the second best team in America.

Well that guy is an idiot.

Stay off Disney lol

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way TCU was overrated last season. They were at least a top 3 team, and would have had as good a shot of beating Auburn as Wisconsin. They would have destroyed Oregon.

They were overrated at the start of this season for precisely the same reason they were so great last year... that team was loaded with seniors.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michigan St fans thinking that losing by 2 to TCU is more embarrassing than losing by 40 to Alabama is laughable. Ok, I see what he is trying to do there, but then you have to look at just how bad their team was dominated. Almost every third play a Michigan St player got rocked and taken out of the game. They were dominated on the scoreboard, but dominated physically even more on the field. They came up against Alabama feeling like men and got sent back to Michigan feeling like boys.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say they were overrated last year?

A few people here, and a lot of people in general, tried to downplay their success on the field last season. I think most of the people here who gave me shit were just trolling me, but I know some of them want to believe it.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St fans thinking that losing by 2 to TCU is more embarrassing than losing by 40 to Alabama is laughable. Ok, I see what he is trying to do there, but then you have to look at just how bad their team was dominated. Almost every third play a Michigan St player got rocked and taken out of the game. They were dominated on the scoreboard, but dominated physically even more on the field. They came up against Alabama feeling like men and got sent back to Michigan feeling like boys.

Exactly. I know I didn't feel embarrassed watching Wisconsin. I thought they weren't quite themselves, but, hey, that's all part of the bowl season. You're supposed to play your best game in January.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for fucking shit up in the bowls for the B1G last year BADGERS!!!

I kid:D

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pluck you and stick you in a crock pot.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, that Rose Bowl was maddening. The defense played way above themselves and one of the best offenses in the country didn't get the job done. Part playcalling, part execution, but Wisconsin should have been able to put 30 on the board.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, that Rose Bowl was maddening. The defense played way above themselves and one of the best offenses in the country didn't get the job done. Part playcalling, part execution, but Wisconsin should have been able to put 30 on the board.

The one thing that I was really disappointed in was Clay not getting himself back into game shape, and then not getting carries in the game to bang that defense around a bit.

The youth of Ball and White showed a little, I thought. I remember one play where Moffitt and Carimi pulled and formed a little wall. They set up the play perfectly, but Tank Carder had it sniffed out...delayed to avoid a block....then cut in behind Moffitt and took Ball down. Had Ball kept his head on a swivel, seen that happening, and accelerated to get whatever he could, I think he would have had a first down there.

But ah well. It was a good game, and I agree, the Badgers should have played better.

TCU though, great team.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Tell MSU fan their overrated team last year would have been steamrolled worse than what Bama did to them had they played TCU....

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too long. Didn't read. LOL.