• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #20 USC at #1 Alabama, 8 PM EST, ABC

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies definitely have the defense for it. If their offense is just a bit better than last year...I think you're right that they'll win the North.
I agree about the Huskies defense, their DB's are really good and I like the Ross kid on offense, actually he can play both sides of the ball.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a 14-28 range of margin if victory but damn.
The pick 6 was the nail in the coffin . That botched punt was when the wheels came completely off imo. SC has some work to do. But I don't think they will be the only team Alabama blows out. Alabama has one hell of a football team

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick 6 was the nail in the coffin . That botched punt was when the wheels came completely off imo. SC has some work to do. But I don't think they will be the only team Alabama blows out. Alabama has one hell of a football team
Especialy in a garbage SEC conference this season.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call the SEC garbage this year. I just think Bama is that good and the rest of the teams in the SEC are average to good.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, USC wasn't prepared for the game, not that it would have made that much difference.
I knew Saban was that much better and Kiffen would come out looking to pile it on, just didn't expect this. What I did expect was Les to be complacent, unimaginative, and to come out this year and lose his job. But in game 1 for him to be gone? Didn't see it being that bad. Even if LSU won he would be gone.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call the SEC garbage this year. I just think Bama is that good and the rest of the teams in the SEC are average to good.
Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri all suck.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give Adoree and Fitzpatrick a ton of credit. Who would have thought. Juju and Ridley would be shut down? Thats pretty impressive work by both corners.

Overall I was extremely impressed with the new defensive schemes. They were extremely impressive until they wore down. Gotta give them credit Alabama is the best team in the nation. If USC can get the offense on track. We could be seeing a much improved team from a year ago. They have Utah State to find the offense. After that its Stanford. The schedule doesn't get much better. Would love to see SC get Vaughns and Pittman some playing time at some point. They do have the skill to give Juju some support. And I believe the experience Juju received as a freshman. Played a big role in his progression.Still not sold on Helton

Alabama completely justified why they are the clear cut number 1 team in the nation imo
If you post about how impressive your defense was a couple more times, someone might believe it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked horrible. I'm just glad that USC decided to out sorry us.

You sound like Saban last night. Bama wins 52-6 and after the game, he sounds pissed because of what he called inconsistent play.

Thank God they were inconsistent, otherwise @DJ prediction of 80-6 might have actually happened. :lol:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt call the SEC garbage. A few bad losses by Mississippi state to South Alabama. and Southern Mississippi over Kentucky. An Ugly wins by Tennessee over Appalachian State and Arkansas over Louisiana Tech. Other than that LSU lost to a very good Wisconsin team. Not enough people give Wisky credit. They have a nasty defense and foud a good mix on offense. The Aggies upset UCLA,Auburn gave Clemson a run for their money. Alabama dominated SC and the rest of the teams won games they should have. I wouldnt even come close to calling the SEC garbage.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Saban last night. Bama wins 52-6 and after the game, he sounds pissed because of what he called inconsistent play.

Thank God they were inconsistent, otherwise @DJ prediction of 80-6 might have actually happened. :lol:

Can't let the team get satisfied with their performances. I think he was most upset with the OL and DB's.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt call the SEC garbage. A few bad losses by Mississippi state to South Alabama. and Southern Mississippi over Kentucky. An Ugly wins by Tennessee over Appalachian State and Arkansas over Louisiana Tech. Other than that LSU lost to a very good Wisconsin team. Not enough people give Wisky credit. They have a nasty defense and foud a good mix on offense. The Aggies upset UCLA,Auburn gave Clemson a run for their money. Alabama dominated SC and the rest of the teams won games they should have. I wouldnt even come close to calling the SEC garbage.
I agree, I think Bama is that good and the rest of the teams in the SEC are average to good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than that LSU lost to a very good Wisconsin team. Not enough people give Wisky credit. They have a nasty defense and foud a good mix on offense.

Wisconsin lost their DC and 6 starters from last year from their defense. I will agree they had a solid defense last year, but LSU's offense was just terrible. I watched almost the entire game and I was in awe that a school like LSU, with the amount of elite talent they have at skill positions, could have a QB that is that bad.

I can't pass judgement on Wisconsin's defense until they face a QB who can complete a pass downfield. I was more impressed with Wisconsin's run game -- they were flashy, but they grinded out first downs and finished with 140 yards on 32 carries and controlled the clock.