• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20 Most Talented NBA Players UNDER 23

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. G. Antetokuompo
2. K. Towns
3. J. Embiid
4. K. Porzingis
5. D. Booker
6. N. Jokic
7. B. Simmons
8. M. Fultz
9. L. Ball
10. J. Murray
11. A. Wiggins
12. J. Brown
13. J. Jackson
14. M. Turner
15. J. Parker
16. Z. Lavine
17. D. Fox
18. J. Tatum
19. B. Ingram
20. D. Saric

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's mine:

1a) KAT - Most talented overall
1b) Giannis - Most unique
3) Embiid - Could be #1 if he can stay healthy
4) Porzingas - star in the making
5) Jokic - also star in the making
6) Booker - needs to play some defense, but great offensive player already
7) Simmons - unknown but skill set is crazy
8) Jabari Parker - injury has him this low, but if he was healthy, he could be as high as 4, imo. Averaged over 20 and 6 last year. Versatile to play 3 or 4.
9) Fultz - reminds me a bit when he drives like DWade, smooth and crafty. Outside shot is really good too. Just need to see how he facilitates on the next level.
10) Wiggins - Scorer, but needs to pass the ball once in a while and play some defense. Too good of an athlete not be a factor on the defensive side of the court.
11) Saric - quietly averaged 12.8pts and 6.3 reb a game last year, without fully cracking the starting lineup until midway through the season. I love his game and think he could be a star.
12) Ball - His outside shot will be a question mark I think going forward, but he's quite the floor general already. Could be a liability on defense, though his length will help him a bit.
13) Turner - I think his overall upside is a bit limited, but he can be a fringe all-star type player, but consistently good.
14) Lavine - Has all the tools in the world to become a lethal offensive player. Explosive, good outside shot. Question will be is he a 1 or a 2 and what position would he thrive at more?
15) Murray - Saw real development from him throughout the year. Think he'll be a nice player, but not ready to put him above some of the other guys above him right now.
16) Ingram - Can't teach his height and length. If he can add some muscle, he's going to be a really good player.
17) Jaylen Brown - Does a lot of good things, but I"m just not sure what his overall upside is. Battle tested so far that's why he gets a slight nod over his teammate.
18) Tatum - I can really see all the Melo comparisons. That itself comes with both good and bad though.
19) Jackson - Freak athlete, but I'm not sure if he'll become anything more than a slasher. Need to see more of him.
20) Pat McCaw - Crucial minutes in the NBA finals in his rookie year as a second round draft pick? GOAT.

Just kidding with McCaw. 20 is probably a 3 way tie between D'Angelo Russell, De'Aaron Fox and Dennis Smith Jr. I can't decide which one I like better at this point. Russell would likely get the nod for me over the other two because I feel like his development was hindered a lot in LA. We'll be able to see what he can really do when he's given the keys to the car.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. G. Antetokuompo
2. K. Towns
3. J. Embiid
4. K. Porzingis
5. D. Booker
6. N. Jokic
7. B. Simmons
8. M. Fultz
9. L. Ball
10. J. Murray
11. A. Wiggins
12. J. Brown
13. J. Jackson
14. M. Turner
15. J. Parker
16. Z. Lavine
17. D. Fox
18. J. Tatum
19. B. Ingram
20. D. Saric

Jokic over Booker, dude. Call me a homer, but Jokic can do more. I love Booker's potential but he's one-dimensional at this point...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic over Booker, dude. Call me a homer, but Jokic can do more. I love Booker's potential but he's one-dimensional at this point...
yah- i mean- its close and thats one i struggled with--- but both are terrible defensive players at this point. I chose booker becuase i think his offensive upside is greater...

but - i couldnt argue with either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think the top 7 are a pretty much consensus top 7.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there are tiers:

Tier 1

Greek Freak, K. Towns

Tier 2

(Healthy) J. Embiid, K. Porzingis, D.Booker, N. Jokic

Tier 3

B. Simmons, L. Ball, M. Fultz, M. Turner

Tier 4

A. Wiggins, J. Parker, J. Brown, J. Jackson, J. Tatum

Tier 5

D. Saric, Z. Lavine, J. Murray, D. Fox, D. Russell

Honorable mention: D. Smith Jr.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like such a random age cutoff.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this "23 and under" or "under 23"?

Embiid and Saric are both 23.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget I mentioned it. I'll gladly take 3 guys in the top 10 and 4 in the top 20 for my Philadelphia 76ers.

I'm also really high on Saric too. I think he's got a lot of game and he's only scratching the surface. If he can improve a bit on his handle and his outside shot I think he could be a real big time player. What are your thoughts on him?

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kat
Freak
Poor Dingus
Ball
Haslem
Jokic
Nkitilina

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also really high on Saric too. I think he's got a lot of game and he's only scratching the surface. If he can improve a bit on his handle and his outside shot I think he could be a real big time player. What are your thoughts on him?

Pretty much agree. I'm not sure where he's at defensively. He flashes sometimes and ultimately I think his effort on both ends of the floor makes him very valuable. There is a lot to like about him. I'm excited to see how he progresses in his 2nd year and how he fits with the other guys on this roster. If, at the very least, he improves his outside shot, I think he'll be a serviceable NBA player for a long time. If he can improve on the other areas, he could be a borderline All-Star.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree. I'm not sure where he's at defensively. He flashes sometimes and ultimately I think his effort on both ends of the floor makes him very valuable. There is a lot to like about him. I'm excited to see how he progresses in his 2nd year and how he fits with the other guys on this roster. If, at the very least, he improves his outside shot, I think he'll be a serviceable NBA player for a long time. If he can improve on the other areas, he could be a borderline All-Star.
homeless mans Dirk.