• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Scenario's for Dallas

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, there are really two scenario's for Dallas, either QB's come off the board early or they don't. If you go on the assumption that none of these QB's should be in Dallas' top 16 big board, then if 3-4 QB's come off the board in the top 15, we should have no worse than a top 12-13 from our big board sitting there. In that case, you get great value taking the pick.
If say, the Rams pick Robinson, the Jags Mack, and the Browns Watkins, and the Vikings don't go QB, we could be sitting there at 16 with all the QB's still on the board. There's a good chance that from there, we could trade down with a team that loves one of the QB's and pick up their #1 and #2. To me, it hinges on the Rams. If they take Watkins, then I think the Browns take a QB at #4, and you may have a run. if the Rams go Robinson, the Browns may think that they can take Watkins at #4 and still get a QB at 26

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the general theory. I don't want QB, so every time a QB goes I'll be happy to see another player get pushed back a spot. But, then if none go at all I think it does create a trade opportunity and of course a lot of the guys we wanted probably aren't available. I think Cle is the most likely trade partner if Manziel is still there at #16.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the general theory. I don't want QB, so every time a QB goes I'll be happy to see another player get pushed back a spot. But, then if none go at all I think it does create a trade opportunity and of course a lot of the guys we wanted probably aren't available. I think Cle is the most likely trade partner if Manziel is still there at #16.

Absolutely, I don't want a QB in any of the first few rounds. I just know every time a QB goes in the top 15, I'm smiling

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a damn tradedown unless we get a teams 1st and 2nd in the deal. If we did get clevelands 1st and 2nd then we made out. The Niners same deal. We get their their 1st and 2nd, not one of their 3rds

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only one QB is gone by our pick, don't expect a trade back. That would mean 14 position players are already off the board. I wouldn't want to wait any longer.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only one QB is gone by our pick, don't expect a trade back. That would mean 14 position players are already off the board. I wouldn't want to wait any longer.

If only one QB is gone I'd think the rumors of Cleveland trading up will go in the trash. They may lose out on Manziel at 23 (doubt it) but they'd still get one of the top 4 QBs. It wouldn't be worth it to them to move up. I'm hoping 3 QBs are gone by 15. Then Cleveland will be desperate and Jerry can jack up the price of 16. In this scenario we may get Cleveland's 1st and 2nd, or take a player who has to be rated higher than 16.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only one QB is gone I'd think the rumors of Cleveland trading up will go in the trash. They may lose out on Manziel at 23 (doubt it) but they'd still get one of the top 4 QBs. It wouldn't be worth it to them to move up. I'm hoping 3 QBs are gone by 15. Then Cleveland will be desperate and Jerry can jack up the price of 16. In this scenario we may get Cleveland's 1st and 2nd, or take a player who has to be rated higher than 16.

Usually teams don't see QBs as interchangeable. I would imagine most teams look at the top four and see huge differences with how they rate them and thus not interested in just getting one of the four...now whether they are correct or not is to be seen...