• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 QB league trade question

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my roster:
Luck, Carr, Dak, Winston
Elliott, Gurley, Hyde, Bernard, T. Coleman, Booker
Dez, Maclin, Pryor, Mathews, Enunwa
Henry

It's a 10-team league that's PPR as well. The only qb that's worth a shit on waivers right now is Keenum. Been offered Howard and Hopkins for Carr and Maclin. I'm 3-3 and my team is starting to come to life. Would you take it...and why or why not?

I'm torn. I would still have 2 really solid QBs along with Winston. ;)

Oh and we keep 3 each year for as long as we want.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my roster:
Luck, Carr, Dak, Winston
Elliott, Gurley, Hyde, Bernard, T. Coleman, Booker
Dez, Maclin, Pryor, Mathews, Enunwa
Henry

It's a 10-team league that's PPR as well. The only qb that's worth a shit on waivers right now is Keenum. Been offered Howard and Hopkins for Carr and Maclin. I'm 3-3 and my team is starting to come to life. Would you take it...and why or why not?

I'm torn. I would still have 2 really solid QBs along with Winston. ;)

Oh and we keep 3 each year for as long as we want.

I think I would do it... But I am not as high on Carr and the raiders as many... But you have Winston and Dak to stream for the second QB, that is good enough, while you really are lacking in the WR department...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely! Hopkins' schedule after the bye is outstanding! You have QB depth to do it. Maclin (because of Smith) stinks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'd maybe try and counter Dak and Maclin for Hopkins first... as you don't really need Howard.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'd maybe try and counter Dak and Maclin for Hopkins first... as you don't really need Howard.

Good idea, but he might be able to package Howard for another WR upgrade also, so either way don't let this deal go away.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's a huge Raiders fan and he inquired about Carr.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely! Hopkins' schedule after the bye is outstanding! You have QB depth to do it. Maclin (because of Smith) stinks.

But don't forget, Hopkins (because of Osweiler) has been less than impressive this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way better than Maclin.

agree completely, but might not produce a whole lot better than maclin rest of season.
just saying, adding Hopkins doesn't exactly solve anybody's WR issues, imo.
At least not until he starts getting the targets/receptions that even a bottom end WR1 sees for fantasy

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree completely, but might not produce a whole lot better than maclin rest of season.
just saying, adding Hopkins doesn't exactly solve anybody's WR issues, imo.
At least not until he starts getting the targets/receptions that even a bottom end WR1 sees for fantasy

It absolutely solves HIS problems at WR. Obviously not this week, likely, but can you really trust Maclin any more? Even home to the Saints? Not really. Hopkins is home to Detroit after the Broncos.... good luck prying him away from somebody at that point...then after the bye he can re-assess. That's what I would do anyway.

Luck and Winston with a sprinkle of Dak is enough. Pick up Romo (if possible) and he's set.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do the trade. While Hopkins hasn't had any monster games this season, he is more than capable of blowing up just about any game. Maclin doesn't have that capability with the dink and dunk master Alex Smith at QB.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pulled the offer. Apparently he didn't want Carr that bad. He initially offered me Bortles straight up and I declined and told him if I'm giving up a very good young qb he can keep, I need stars in return. I wasn't giving Carr up for some bullshit like I think he was going to get.

Ah well, I'll look to move one of my QBs to another needy team.