• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't ask for a much better showing from the Pens in Game 1 of the playoffs! Up and down the lineup guys contributed, from Crosby to Zatkoff. So many crucial plays in this one. Zatkoff made that huge blocker save against Hayes at the very beginning of the game. Hornqvist was spectacular, and I think my favorite moment was Bones setting up Kuhnhackl for what turned out to be a short handed game-winner.

Two days off to get some of the injured guys some more practice and they'll be on to game two on Saturday. It's great to have playoff hockey back :hockeysmile:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they learn to tighten up the D on these days off...Maata shit the bed through out the game. Needs to get back to game speed

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get back to game speed, considering he's missed about two weeks, but shit the bed? Really? Did we watch the same game?

I don't get your opinion on Maatta's supposed lack of ability. Are we watching the same guy?

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an out of market "fan" who starts watching hockey in April and unabashedly asks for someone to catch me up to speed on the current line combinations yearly come playoff time. Please and thank you.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch g1. I was out running errands. I did spend the entire time listening to the great Mike Lange and kept up with the happenings. Zatkoff played outstanding in a spot start. Hat-ric Hornqvist played great (I personally like him more than James Neal). Crosby had a very good 2-way game. Our powerplay was absolutely awful. Geno coming back early would help our PP. I don't think we're the obvious winners in this series. The 5-2 score didn't reflect the true competitiveness of g1. I think this could go 6 or even 7 games. We'll see. All in all, it's a game 1 win and I'll take it.

I probably won't get to see game 2 on Saturday. I have a barbecue to attend. I may be able to keep up with this thread and listen to the game via "the Penguins Radio Network presented by S&T Bank". Go Pens :yes::hockeysmile:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch g1. I was out running errands. I did spend the entire time listening to the great Mike Lange and kept up with the happenings. Zatkoff played outstanding in a spot start. Hat-ric Hornqvist played great (I personally like him more than James Neal). Crosby had a very good 2-way game. Our powerplay was absolutely awful. Geno coming back early would help our PP. I don't think we're the obvious winners in this series. The 5-2 score didn't reflect the true competitiveness of g1. I think this could go 6 or even 7 games. We'll see. All in all, it's a game 1 win and I'll take it.

I probably won't get to see game 2 on Saturday. I have a barbecue to attend. I may be able to keep up with this thread and listen to the game via "the Penguins Radio Network presented by S&T Bank". Go Pens :yes::hockeysmile:
Just wish our power play could get better. We seem to be at our weakest when on the power play. I actually thought we had more scoring opportunities short handed than we did on the power play.

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wish our power play could get better. We seem to be at our weakest when on the power play. I actually thought we had more scoring opportunities short handed than we did on the power play.
It sure seemed that way. We get worse when we have the man-advantage. Our kill is great, it's just our powerplay that's bad. Malkin returning would likely fix that. He's one of the better powerplay guys in the league. Up there with Ovi imo.