• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that looked like the team in the regular season. Lets hope they put it away on Saturday.
Based on what I've seen in this series, Rangers could only score when we play stupid. Just focus on not making mistakes & we should win this series in 5 :hope:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making it harder for Sully to put Flower back in net. Really happy we found this kid.

Yeah he is very good. Bales not only helped MAF get better it seems like the Penguins might be a goalie mill with him coaching.
Not worth putting MAF in unless Murray gets hurt or completely shits the bed IMO.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen in this series, Rangers could only score when we play stupid. Just focus on not making mistakes & we should win this series in 5 :hope:
Yeah I agree, there is no way this team can crap the bed like they did in 2014. Better coached and more talented.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've compared Conor Sheary to the likes of Max Talbot & Mats Zuccarello in the past, but last night he reminded me a lot of Martin St. Louis.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see Geno have such a big night last night, having a weapon like that back adds tremendously to this team...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was originally mad when they gave the 2nd goal of the game to Hornqvist instead of Sid, but looking back, Hornqvist deserved it. 7 shots and did you see how many hits he took throughout the game? What a horse!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheary/Sid/Hornqvist is very similar in style to Jagz/Mario/Stevens (The Sky Line).

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Win Last Night!!!! Hope they finish this series on Saturday!!!!!!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be so lucky if Sheary turns out anything close to St. Louis. :nod:
I don't know for sure what his limit is, but he impresses me more & more the more I see of him.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know for sure what his limit is, but he impresses me more & more the more I see of him.

All of those young players that Sullivan was coaching at the beginning of this season are all very impressive. It's like they all came out of nowhere, too. I can't remember reading much praise about the Pens' minor league system for the past couple of seasons. Kuhnhackl, Rust and Sheary were all looked at as fringe 4th line material. And they were all pretty much wrong about all three of them.

The funny thing to me is that all of a sudden, the Pens are flush with young talent with high ceilings. Sprong, Wilson, Sundqvist, Sheary, Rust and Kuhnhackl will probably all make the roster out of camp next season. Murray is clearly something special, and Jarry is right behind him. They need depth at defense, it would seem, but my goodness, they have a lot of good young talent.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those young players that Sullivan was coaching at the beginning of this season are all very impressive. It's like they all came out of nowhere, too. I can't remember reading much praise about the Pens' minor league system for the past couple of seasons. Kuhnhackl, Rust and Sheary were all looked at as fringe 4th line material. And they were all pretty much wrong about all three of them.

The funny thing to me is that all of a sudden, the Pens are flush with young talent with high ceilings. Sprong, Wilson, Sundqvist, Sheary, Rust and Kuhnhackl will probably all make the roster out of camp next season. Murray is clearly something special, and Jarry is right behind him. They need depth at defense, it would seem, but my goodness, they have a lot of good young talent.
I give credit to Mike Sullivan for recognizing their talent and giving them chances to succeed in the NHL. Don't forget that for years, the strength of our minor league system was the defensemen and we really did nothing with them. Hopefully, we'll be going to the farm more often under the Mike Sullivan era, something we didn't do enough of during the Dan Bylsma & Mike Johnston years.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be getting a taste of Teddy Blueger & Jake Guentzel next season. Been hearing good things about those 2 as well.