• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st fantasy football draft for 2014 is in the books........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 man standard scoring league -- snake draft -- I had the 9th pick

Here is my squad:

QB -- Matthew Stafford

RB -- Marshawn Lynch, Christine Michael, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Deangelo Williams, Ronnie Hillman, Andre Williams

WR -- AJ Green, Golden Tate, Eric Decker, Hakeem Nicks, Mohammed Sanu

TE -- Vernon Davis

D -- Arizona

K -- Justin Tucker

My thoughts on the draft -- I think the 9th pick is about the worst pick in a 12 man league. The top RBs were all gone, as well as Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham and Peyton Manning before it got to me. I actually thought I would get Eddie Lacy, but Lynch fell to 9, so I took him.

From there I mixed my picks up between WR and RB with a TE thrown in and took Stafford in the 6th round, which I thought was very good value, as it is only -1 for interceptions in this league.

Overall -- I'm not thrilled with my team, but I think it could potentially be really good depending on CJ Spiller and how players like Tate, Nicks and Decker on new teams.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad team, but I wouldn't be too happy counting on Bills RB only because you don't know which RB will have the good game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad team, but I wouldn't be too happy counting on Bills RB only because you don't know which RB will have the good game.

That only matters for the 5 weeks that Jackson is healthy, the rest will be all Spiller.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not thrilled with it either. Lions will probably run more than you think, but Staff should be decent. WRs look weak other than Green. RBs could pan out by year end but not great either. Like the TE, DST, and K. Should be good there.

I would have taken Lacy over Lynch

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken Lacy also. Packers stay committed to run after seeing what they had with AROD injury last year.

Is is a keeper league at all? Not sure if first year team or redraft league? Then I love Christine and Williams picks.

Look at WW for Kelce TE from KC for bye week or any week.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lacy was an option for him. Sounds like Lynch fell bc others were taken ahead of him, including Lacy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lacy was an option for him. Sounds like Lynch fell bc others were taken ahead of him, including Lacy.

Yeah -- Lacy is the guy I was hoping would fall to me. He was taken 5th overall though. I knew Calvin would be gone in the 6-8 range, so I was hoping Manning or Graham would fall to me. Calvin went 6th, Graham went 7th, Manning went 8th.

I wished I had waited a little longer to draft the handcuff backs, but I wanted to make sure I would have two starting running backs at all times -- so I got Michael and Jackson, in case of injury.

I love getting AJ Green, but after that, who knows? Tate, Decker and Nicks could have big years or they could be busts. I figure I will start Tate and Decker at the beginning, as Decker will be a #1 for NYJ and Tate should get a lot of looks in Detroit's offense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions will probably run more than you think, but Staff should be decent.

I just don't see the Lions running the ball more. By re-signing Pettigrew, drafting Ebron and signing Tate -- I think you will see a lot of the same from them.

Add in a much tougher schedule -- I think the Lions will have to comeback in some games which will make them throw the ball even more.

I expect a big year from Stafford. If he cuts down the interceptions -- he could have a year like he did in 2011.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah -- I wasn't thrilled with drafting spiller. He was the best option left though in the 3rd round. RB's were going early and often. That is why i drafted so many RBs. I figure once a RB goes down injured or isn't performing -- guys like Stewart, Hillman or Andre Williams could become starting running backs I can use as trade bait.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to watch the waiver wire carefully for WRs that emerge. Counting on Decker, Nicks, and Sanu to be a WR3 is risky. The good news is that a #2 WR emerges from waivers every single year. I like Tate as a WR3 a lot more then I like counting on him as a WR2 as well.

You'll be OK at RB streaming Williams/Spiller/Jackson, but it'd be best for you if one of Spiller or Jackson got hurt so that the other turned into an RB1/2.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to watch the waiver wire carefully for WRs that emerge. Counting on Decker, Nicks, and Sanu to be a WR3 is risky. The good news is that a #2 WR emerges from waivers every single year. I like Tate as a WR3 a lot more then I like counting on him as a WR2 as well.

You'll be OK at RB streaming Williams/Spiller/Jackson, but it'd be best for you if one of Spiller or Jackson got hurt so that the other turned into an RB1/2.

Yeah -- that is why I didn't put as much emphasis on the WR position. It is much easier to find a WR on the waiver wre than anything else.

As far as Jackson and Spiller -- I was hoping I would see one of them go down last night. I thought I got my wish, but it was Bryce Brown that went down. It will be an interesting year for me. I am going to have to do a lot more waiver wire work than I am used to doing.

This year just seemed to be the year wehree every guy I wanted was drafted one or two picks before it got to me, so I had to go to a lot of backup plans. The only guy who fell to me that I wanted was Stafford, so hopefully we see 2011 Stafford.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious but what round did you get stafford? looking at your team i'd assume end of 3rd round or top of the 4th?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- that is why I didn't put as much emphasis on the WR position. It is much easier to find a WR on the waiver wre than anything else.

As far as Jackson and Spiller -- I was hoping I would see one of them go down last night. I thought I got my wish, but it was Bryce Brown that went down. It will be an interesting year for me. I am going to have to do a lot more waiver wire work than I am used to doing.

This year just seemed to be the year wehree every guy I wanted was drafted one or two picks before it got to me, so I had to go to a lot of backup plans. The only guy who fell to me that I wanted was Stafford, so hopefully we see 2011 Stafford.

:L fantasy football and you want a guy injured to benifit your team...WOW!:scratch:

So you are the guy that would shove his grandma down to win a potato sack race at a family reunion.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I logged on to a draft a hour late last night. dang central time bite me with all these drafts.

it put me on auto and it had drafted Giovani, Lacy, Matthews in flex spot...Alshon, Andre Johnson and Jimmy Grahm.

I posted in chat box that i should log off and let it keep going. That never happens when you are not there. Usually you backups and IR guys.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I logged on to a draft a hour late last night. dang central time bite me with all these drafts.

it put me on auto and it had drafted Giovani, Lacy, Matthews in flex spot...Alshon, Andre Johnson and Jimmy Grahm.

I posted in chat box that i should log off and let it keep going. That never happens when you are not there. Usually you backups and IR guys.

damn dude. You got very lucky. Lacy/Graham are both usually gone in the first. And Giovani real early in the 2nd. Someone fell in that league. (assuming 12 man)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in 2 leagues this year, my cousins 12 team regular format league year 11 and 5th year of my 14 team keeper. Have zero interest in either and wish I could take the year off from both to be honest.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in 2 leagues this year, my cousins 12 team regular format league year 11 and 5th year of my 14 team keeper. Have zero interest in either and wish I could take the year off from both to be honest.

I saw your idea of building a keeper team. walking away is a good idea. :whistle:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw your idea of building a keeper team. walking away is a good idea. :whistle:

With all due respect to Gandy, that league never held my interest. Draft was 200 rounds, and not what I expected. I think I bowed out after week 2 or 3. Plus it was just bad timing on my part. Good luck with the scraps.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Gandy, that league never held my interest. Draft was 200 rounds, and not what I expected. I think I bowed out after week 2 or 3. Plus it was just bad timing on my part. Good luck with the scraps.

Luckily I am good at this. I'll make it work.

(also your D was solid, but you need a great O in fantasy)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn dude. You got very lucky. Lacy/Graham are both usually gone in the first. And Giovani real early in the 2nd. Someone fell in that league. (assuming 12 man)

10 teams 2 man keeper. Brand new. Only 4 showed up is what helped me IMO. My first pick when I got there was RW. Not a big point guy but will not kill me either.