• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1995 Reunion

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course I will be away that weekend. Looks like a great weekend though.

Anybody watch last night? Adam L with that lethally accurate shot to tie the game. If you watched in slow motion, you can see he aimed for that corner with Bernier momentarily screened.
Also, shootout win? JJ and Elias sick moves.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I drank jagermeister out of the Cup at Shawn Chambers parents house in Sterling Heights MI during Shawn's Cup party that summer. Bounced with a guy who lived right across the street and grew up with him and the Hatchers. One of my greatest memories.

Been a Devils fan ever since. Never been much of a Wing's fan aka the Yankees of the NHL when I was growing up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every victory moving forward will be bittersweet.

Also, I'm getting old, 20 years just flew by. I vividly remember that 95 cup run.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Anybody watch last night? Adam L with that lethally accurate shot to tie the game. If you watched in slow motion, you can see he aimed for that corner with Bernier momentarily screened.

There are still some questionable moves (Tootoo on PP) but overall they are much improved since DeBo. I like how they are able to get the wins from teams worse than them now. It was a struggle to be consistent against everyone before.

They're pretty much at the pace I expected at the start of the season (6-5-1) so I'm happy that they are finally winning.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes even Gomez made a pretty slick move in the shootout, Bernier made an excellent save on him. All three looked a lot more confident than we are used to seeing in shootouts the last two years!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, I didn't think firing PDB would help, but this has been a different team.
So I was wrong.
Still think a partial roster overhaul is necessary, but there is a difference.
The team is playing as hard as they did with PDB, but with a bit more confidence and fun.
Perfect example is Adam Larsson. He is a totally new player. No longer is he playing super carefully not to be benched next shift. Stevens has definitely helped his confidence.

Yes on Gomez. He made a good move but Bernier made a better save. It happens

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I didn't think firing PDB would help, but this has been a different team.
So I was wrong.
Still think a partial roster overhaul is necessary, but there is a difference.
The team is playing as hard as they did with PDB, but with a bit more confidence and fun.
Perfect example is Adam Larsson. He is a totally new player. No longer is he playing super carefully not to be benched next shift. Stevens has definitely helped his confidence.

Yes on Gomez. He made a good move but Bernier made a better save. It happens

Agree this team still needs some roster moves but also agree they are just playing better hockey since pete left. No way is this team a Cup favorite even playing the way they are now but the should have in contention for the playoffs instead of 12-15 points out. The team was underachieving and playing with little or no confidence

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95roster2.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Team is stacked but I guess it has to be with Marty on the White Team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good stuff.
However, no Richer, Brylin, Zelepukin, and Broten? Anybody else not showing up?
Forgot about Chorske. Guy was fast. 1 goal lead, put him out there, he was always good for an empty netter.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching as well, what a season. This is what got me hooked on the sport and this team. Can't wait for Saturday.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is definitely over due and i'm glad they are honoring the team.

its a shame we can't get them to televise the game like i'm sure they would for the rangers.

is it true they are holding this game in the practice rink? i've been there for a youth hockey game and there aren't anymore then maybe 2,000 seats there? should've opened it up in the pru center

think we could've got probably 10-12,000 there

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is definitely over due and i'm glad they are honoring the team.

its a shame we can't get them to televise the game like i'm sure they would for the rangers.

is it true they are holding this game in the practice rink? i've been there for a youth hockey game and there aren't anymore then maybe 2,000 seats there? should've opened it up in the pru center

think we could've got probably 10-12,000 there

I'd go to that game before I would pay to see this year's team play.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
HAHAHAHAHAHA

maybe thats what they were afraid of. getting a sell out for a throw back game when they can't sell out a regular season game without giving out a ton of free tickets

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was so ridiculously fun and entertaining. The reason it was not in the main arena is because some shitty act had a concert going and they couldn't cancel (maybe Pru Center should've scheduled better). Marty played forward for the first 2 periods. Claude was a dick for the first period and everybody was all in, he bumped Terrari (who was awesome by the way), he almost dumped Neids over the boards and both were cracking up.

Stevens still looks like he could kill people. He should suit up and we should pay him 2 million a year to simply say "You're Next" and we'd win at least 8-12 more games.

Neids could step in right now and play for any team in the league, he is that good.

Bruce Driver played goal instead of Marty for 2 periods.

I hope they air this game on MSG at some point, it was so much fun. I can't stress enough how great of an experience it was.