• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1995-2015 NBA Widcard Playoff 4 : UK vs Shane

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

FIRST HALF
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Richard Hamilton
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - DeMarcus Cousins

SECOND HALF
PG - Oscar Robertson - WC
SG - Mike Miller
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Rasheed Wallace
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - WC

VS

SHANE

1st Half:
West
Wade
Bowen
Davis
Wallace

2nd Half:
Kyrie
Manu
Lebron
Odom
Jefferson

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK - 5
SHANE - 2

VOTED - Nos, UK, WLK, Meebs, Shane, Sushi, 500

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got UK

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Half:
West
Wade
Bowen
Davis
Wallace

2nd Half:
Kyrie
Manu
Lebron
Odom
Jefferson

@Nosferatu My lineups for this matchup. I never wanted Kyrie with Wade with Lebron lol. Thank you.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK. Shane's got a great team, I just feel my mismatches are a little stronger

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Half:
West
Wade
Bowen
Davis
Wallace

2nd Half:
Kyrie
Manu
Lebron
Odom
Jefferson

@Nosferatu My lineups for this matchup. I never wanted Kyrie with Wade with Lebron lol. Thank you.

My 1st half unit is a great defensive unit. I have West and Bowen as shooters. AD as my floor spacer for Wade and West.

My 2nd half unit involves a lot of great passers. All these guys can work the pick-and-roll. Kyrie and Lebron, Manu and Odom, Manu and Lebron. Jefferson is my low post banger. He won't stop KAJ but he weighs 290 and can serve some post presence.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK. Shane's got a great team, I just feel my mismatches are a little stronger

I didn't even get to set my lineups lol but whatever. I think the lineups that were set favor your team bigtime. I think I set actual favor me.

Biggest mismatches:

KAJ over Jefferson - You
Wade over Hamilton - Me
Manu over Miller - Me
Lebron over Artest - Me
Oscar over Kyrie - You

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep laughing about Bowen V Kirilenko. Has there ever been a more neutralizing matchup? Neither has much O to build on, but Bowen is good enough from the corner to take away Kirilenkos help D. I think we have a true net 0 match there.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even get to set my lineups lol but whatever. I think the lineups that were set favor your team bigtime. I think I set actual favor me.

Biggest mismatches:

KAJ over Jefferson - You
Wade over Hamilton - Me
Manu over Miller - Me
Lebron over Artest - Me
Oscar over Kyrie - You

I think the only vote that came in with Nos matchups was Nos himself. I based my vote on your posted lineup

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biggest mismatches:

KAJ over Jefferson - You
Wade over Hamilton - Me
Manu over Miller - Me
Lebron over Artest - Me
Oscar over Kyrie - You
To be fair Bud, you wrote about your squad yesterday. I didn't set a lineup, it's as is from the teams page. I think you are also not taking into account how the guys play together. You put Manu over Miller, which for a career is possible....however. if you don't double team KAJ and Oscar, they score every time down. Doubles means open 3'for Miller, a great 3 point shooter. Artest will do a much better job holding LBJ than your guys trying to stop Oscar and Kareem

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Shane here.

Aldridge and Cousins are not good defenders and there would be no way to stop a Wade/West and Davis pick and Roll. Conversely, I think CP3 and either Aldridge and Cousins would be fantastic in a P&R, but Davis and Wallace are much superior defenders. I have him with a slight edge in the first half. Bowen also fits this team much better than Kirilenko on the other because Bowen is/was a great corner 3 point shooter. That's the perfect player to have in a pick and roll offense because he can camp out on the corner and help relieve congestion in the paint. If he does that, Kirilenko can't hedge off and help defensively which impacts him significantly.

Second half is a bit trickier to me. UK's team would try to slow the game down by dumping the ball into the post. However, Shane's team would probably double off of whoever was guarding Artest and make him kill you from the outside. That's really the only mismatch UK's team has with Shane here and I think that can be at least slowed down some. Shane's second half team is much better from a continuity stand point. He has Elite passing at 3 of his positions (Manu/Lebron/Odom) with Kyrie being pretty good as well. With 4 perimeter players in Kyrie, Manu, Lebron and Odom all being able to bring their opponents out, they would have a field day running secondary pick and rolls to exploit mismatches. There could be no switching, otherwise you'd have a guy like Kyrie or Manu taking Rasheed to the hoop. Or you'd have Odom or Lebron driving on Mike Miller.

I just think Shane has more ways to hide any flaws than UK's team, is what it boils down to.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for UK only because without first names I am having a hard time analyzing...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Bud, you wrote about your squad yesterday. I didn't set a lineup, it's as is from the teams page. I think you are also not taking into account how the guys play together. You put Manu over Miller, which for a career is possible....however. if you don't double team KAJ and Oscar, they score every time down. Doubles means open 3'for Miller, a great 3 point shooter. Artest will do a much better job holding LBJ than your guys trying to stop Oscar and Kareem

That's fair but I also said that I would need to change it depending on the matchup, just like you or anyone so we all got shafted. I think just looking at your roster with KAJ and Oscar people immediately think those mismatches win this thing but I think I have capable guys that create just as much mismatches and my 2nd unit flows as a team.

Jefferson while not a great defender is 290. I don't need to double KAJ, he will get his but he will get his against anyone. As far as Oscar I can always switch Manu on him in pick-and-rolls or in general a great on the ball defender and since Miller is not a threat other than the 3 point line Kyrie can do enough to limit open looks. But Miller is an awful defender and you have one rim protector to stop 3 guys (lbj and manu) who are all great drivers and passers. Kyrie is another guy who can attack also. Odom is a tough matchup for Wallace and Odom can guard him on the perimeter. Another thing is Jefferson has a great jumpshot which forces KAJ out of the paint and lets my great scorers go to work.

My first unit is made up of all great defenders and Wade and West-great players and scorers. Cousins, LA, and Hamilton were all not great defenders. West and Paul are equals, maybe slight edge to West but even. Paul is your go-to scorer in the 1st, mine are Wade and West. I also have AD and far better player that LA overall.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair but I also said that I would need to change it depending on the matchup, just like you or anyone so we all got shafted. I think just looking at your roster with KAJ and Oscar people immediately think those mismatches win this thing but I think I have capable guys that create just as much mismatches and my 2nd unit flows as a team.

Jefferson while not a great defender is 290. I don't need to double KAJ, he will get his but he will get his against anyone. As far as Oscar I can always switch Manu on him in pick-and-rolls or in general a great on the ball defender and since Miller is not a threat other than the 3 point line Kyrie can do enough to limit open looks. But Miller is an awful defender and you have one rim protector to stop 3 guys (lbj and manu) who are all great drivers and passers. Kyrie is another guy who can attack also. Odom is a tough matchup for Wallace and Odom can guard him on the perimeter. Another thing is Jefferson has a great jumpshot which forces KAJ out of the paint and lets my great scorers go to work.

My first unit is made up of all great defenders and Wade and West-great players and scorers. Cousins, LA, and Hamilton were all not great defenders. West and Paul are equals, maybe slight edge to West but even. Paul is your go-to scorer in the 1st, mine are Wade and West. I also have AD and far better player that LA overall.
To be honest, 290 or 390 doesn't matter against Prime KAJ, bump him off the post and it's Sky Hook either hand. I promise you, if you don't double Kareem to his dribble side, he would score literally every time. As to Oscar...that's basically Magic Johnson a few inches shorter, but a better scorer. No chance in that match-up. JMO

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats UK :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST HALF

PG - Chris Paul - Jerry West. Pretty even.
SG - Richard Hamilton - Dwayne Wade. Wade, huge advantage.
SF - Andrei Kirilenko - Bruce Bowen. even.
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge - Anthony Davis. AD is a much better all-around player. Both have great jumpshots.
C - DeMarcus Cousins - Ben Wallace. Cousins strength is offense, not a great defender. The edge goes to Cousins but not sure how he would fair going against Wallace. The frustration would build.

*Edge goes to me on the First Half IMO. *

SECOND HALF

PG - Oscar Robertson - Kyrie Irving. Big advantage Oscar but neither are good defenders. Kyrie will get his.
SG - Mike Miller - Manu Ginobili. Big advantage Manu. Manu was a very pesky defender. Miller could only shoot the 3.
SF - Ron Artest - Lebron James. Artest was a great defender but Lebron will still get his. Artest wont do much on offense with Lebron guarding him. Huge advantage Lebron.

PF - Rasheed Wallace - Lamar Odom - The thing about this is both could shoot the 3 ball. Rasheed more of a threat. Odom was a great passer, rebounder. Rasheed gets the nod, but not by much. Odom can guard the perimeter.

C - Kareem - Al Jefferson - No doubt advantage Kareem. Jefferson a pretty good defender in his prime and he weighs 290. If I need to Lebron can slide down to double. Artest was a decent 3 point shooter but for most of his career he wasn't. He will make Kareem work but still huge advantage KAJ.

I say slight edge to UK but I think the pick-and-roll game is strong on my 2nd unit which could be key. Oh well...I just thought that other than Oscar and KAJ I had very good matchups.

Great team UK. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST HALF

PG - Chris Paul - Jerry West. Pretty even.
SG - Richard Hamilton - Dwayne Wade. Wade, huge advantage.
SF - Andrei Kirilenko - Bruce Bowen. even.
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge - Anthony Davis. AD is a much better all-around player. Both have great jumpshots.
C - DeMarcus Cousins - Ben Wallace. Cousins strength is offense, not a great defender. The edge goes to Cousins but not sure how he would fair going against Wallace. The frustration would build.

*Edge goes to me on the First Half IMO. *

SECOND HALF

PG - Oscar Robertson - Kyrie Irving. Big advantage Oscar but neither are good defenders. Kyrie will get his.
SG - Mike Miller - Manu Ginobili. Big advantage Manu. Manu was a very pesky defender. Miller could only shoot the 3.
SF - Ron Artest - Lebron James. Artest was a great defender but Lebron will still get his. Artest wont do much on offense with Lebron guarding him. Huge advantage Lebron.

PF - Rasheed Wallace - Lamar Odom - The thing about this is both could shoot the 3 ball. Rasheed more of a threat. Odom was a great passer, rebounder. Rasheed gets the nod, but not by much. Odom can guard the perimeter.

C - Kareem - Al Jefferson - No doubt advantage Kareem. Jefferson a pretty good defender in his prime and he weighs 290. If I need to Lebron can slide down to double. Artest was a decent 3 point shooter but for most of his career he wasn't. He will make Kareem work but still huge advantage KAJ.

I say slight edge to UK but I think the pick-and-roll game is strong on my 2nd unit which could be key. Oh well...I just thought that other than Oscar and KAJ I had very good matchups.

Great team UK. :suds:
Thanks Shane, hated to see your team in round 1, great job