• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1969 & 1996 Five HOFers Play-In 3 : Stoke vs WLK

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) No text was received (I double checked)

2) Even if there had been 1 - I don't respond to anything before 5 a.m.

3) I didn't expect this to be close, so no surprise it was over before I could defend my team.

4) I didn't want to defend my team.

1) I am sorry you weren't notified. I am hiring a lawyer today for my work issue do you need me to see if we can split the cost if he he takes on your case?

2) Nos would have texted you after 5am your time if he did. He is usually pretty considerate of the time zone unlike me.

3) Well I like your bold strategies and sorry it didn't workout for you but at least you lost to a great guy.

4) Ok

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I am sorry you weren't notified. I am hiring a lawyer today for my work issue do you need me to see if we can split the cost if he he takes on your case?

2) Nos would have texted you after 5am your time if he did. He is usually pretty considerate of the time zone unlike me.

3) Well I like your bold strategies and sorry it didn't workout for you but at least you lost to a great guy.

4) Ok

Well, this is the first time I didn't think that I could get my team to the final. I haven't always won - but I've always felt I out-drafted everyone. Maybe my performance is entering into the twilight of my career and it's all downhill from here.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have still lost to you. Your team isn't so bad. My only issue with it is you went way too heavy into the era's strength. Too much offense from the offensive '90s and too much pitching from the pitching '60s. I may have done some things differently in the actual lineup (like switching Edmonds and Vaughn), but overall you've got a pretty solid offensive juggernaut.

Though no one mentioned it - I have only 4 Hall of Famers, which would put me behind the 8 ball in any matchup.

Yeah I realized that after. If I could have gotten some big hitters from 69 and pitchers (one HOF pitcher from 96, I wanted Glavine) then I would have been in good shape. I thought I got a pretty damn good lineup for being it 96 heavy but pitching got me good.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is the first time I didn't think that I could get my team to the final. I haven't always won - but I've always felt I out-drafted everyone. Maybe my performance is entering into the twilight of my career and it's all downhill from here.....

Before you go downhill don't you have to be some what up the hill? :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, this draft was unlike any draft I have seen honestly bc HOF was limited and because the pitching was pretty limited.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I realized that after. If I could have gotten some big hitters from 69 and pitchers (one HOF pitcher from 96, I wanted Glavine) then I would have been in good shape. I thought I got a pretty damn good lineup for being it 96 heavy but pitching got me good.

My being so distracted, I didn't realize that Smoltz had already been taken and thought I had him in the later rounds, so didn't get too panicked about the rotation until it was too late. I also didn't keep track of who I was drafting, so ended up with way too many firstbasemen - which made the later rounds really hard to fill in needs.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you go downhill don't you have to be some what up the hill? :pound:

I won one, though I thought that was my weakest team until this draft.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went with the strategy of going hitters for like 5 rounds straight. By the time I went with my #3 pitcher the pool had nearly disappeared. I also lost out on Glavine so took his pitching buddy Smoltz later. Wow did the pitchers disappear quickly in this draft. I am still happy I went hitters because I got a team who can get on base a lot but do regret not grabbing a HOF pitcher sooner. Used my last HOF pick on a amazing closer because pitchers were gone.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won one, though I thought that was my weakest team until this draft.

Thats the weird thing when you think your team isn't that good is normally when you advance and when you have high hopes for your team then you lose in first round.