• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #193 Samford @ #185 Nebraska -- 6pm BTN

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst games I've watched in a while. It reminded me of the Iowa game a few years back. They looked like they hadn't played in a week and had no desire to even be in the building. And wtf was with our free throw shooting?

That was hard to watch.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst games I've watched in a while. It reminded me of the Iowa game a few years back. They looked like they hadn't played in a week and had no desire to even be in the building. And wtf was with our free throw shooting?

That was hard to watch.

I had the game on for about 5 minutes and the ref was making fun of one of our guys comparing him to Shaq in free throws

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Shavon.

It's killing him and you can tell.

Basically all of our losses have one thing in common. Turnovers.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jjm what the hell is going on??

Are we young and yet to gell? I can handle that. A bunch of highly touted freshman learning where they fit in the food chain. I just heard about the off court issue with miles. And if he is the bad apple then lets cut the head off the snake. Players don't respect Tim

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems to me miles has always built a team around defense, this team just doesn't seem built for that, they are 92nd in points allowed per game at 67. personally with this smaller roster they should be built for getting out and running, shavon's game seems centered around getting to the rim, same with webster and parker.

I watched most of the game and half court sets on offense just look poor to me. I also think that poor freethrow shooting in the 1st half by Hammond and Fuller is really what kept this from being a win. those two took all 10 FTs in the 1st half and were 2 for 10. make 6 more of those and the half time lead is 10 instead of 4. not unsurmountable but certainly a confidence booster and demoralizer for the opponent.

i'm not a coach but it seems to me with such a small lineup and substituting a bunch of guys why not extend the defense and start pressing? as JJM said, turnovers kill the huskers, 17, why not try and force more from the opponent? it wouldn't be as killer if the opponent also had that many.

also just looking at stats, i'm just not sure watson and parker should even be allowed to shoot. how in the hell are you less than .367 and .313 on FG%, both have higher 3pt %s. McVeigh is right there too .333 from the floor, just not good.