• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16 year old, Canucks fan, brain cancer survivor, beaten at Sharks game

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just posted it in the other thread...

Definitely NOT cool. :L

And also very surprising to see... I don't make it to many Sharks games at the tank with the whole living-in-LA thing but when I've gone, the fans are like super tame/quiet to opposing team's fans (compared to sporting events here in LA/SD, at least). Unless that changed in recent years or whatever.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many different emotions with this story.
The first is my joke emotion: what was she doing out of the kitchen.
The second is my sympathy: even without the tumor subplot, who would hit anyone let alone a teenage girl, over a game.
My third emotion is disbelief: she was carted out for what feels like a bruise...and tweeted about it later?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I copied my comment from the other thread since it's probably more appropriate for this one.

:L

Pretty bad that she is terrified to go back and would only go with her dad or a security guard. That woman should be banned from ever attending another Sharks game. She is a disgrace not only to Sharks fans but hockey fans everywhere. Sadly her type can probably be found in pretty much any arena (except maybe Phoenix), but thankfully they are very much in the minority.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I copied my comment from the other thread since it's probably more appropriate for this one.

:L

Pretty bad that she is terrified to go back and would only go with her dad or a security guard. That woman should be banned from ever attending another Sharks game. She is a disgrace not only to Sharks fans but hockey fans everywhere. Sadly her type can probably be found in pretty much any arena (except maybe Phoenix), but thankfully they are very much in the minority.

Ok, so the hit was legit and not a glancing blow during a celebration? That changes everything. I only have this posted story to go by, and if it was really an accident then the Sharks fan shouldn't be punished. If the Sharks fan is just lying to save face, then feed her to the wolves.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so the hit was legit and not a glancing blow during a celebration? That changes everything. I only have this posted story to go by, and if it was really an accident then the Sharks fan shouldn't be punished. If the Sharks fan is just lying to save face, then feed her to the wolves.

I agree. Unfortunately this is just a case of he said-she said (or I guess she said-she said) and unless the incident is caught on video we probably will never know exactly what happened.

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully it was truly accidental. But if the little lady needs some consoling once she's 18 she can get in touch with me!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Unfortunately this is just a case of he said-she said (or I guess she said-she said) and unless the incident is caught on video we probably will never know exactly what happened.

You would think if it had been an attack someone else would have seen it and said something. Maybe not. Who knows.

Glad the girl is ok.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it was truly accidental. But if the little lady needs some consoling once she's 18 she can get in touch with me!!

I thought the same thing, but she already has a pearl necklace...what more could I offer :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbc hnic will be talking about this tomorrow

awe shucks ronnie thinks she was faking ... obvious head snap from the canucks fan

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. not that big a deal. maybe she was being a twat. maybe it was accidental. I won't blame a fan base for that. unless it was the Maple Leaf Fan :) kidding kidding....

I blame JEff. since he has been MIA of late

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:evil:
Sad to hear about this happening at Sharks game, but I believe this has been blown out of porportion. I have a few buddies that work at the arena sercurity and say nothing much happend other than a little touching between them.

Now even Cunucks fans are diving!

San Jose is a great city.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:evil:
Sad to hear about this happening at Sharks game, but I believe this has been blown out of porportion. I have a few buddies that work at the arena sercurity and say nothing much happend other than a little touching between them. Now even Cunucks fans are diving!

San Jose is a great city.

maybe some heavy petting too??? :eyebrows:

/bowchickawowow

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accidental or not, if someone can't attend a hockey game without causing harm to someone else, they are a hazard and shouldn't be allowed to attend future games. It really isn't that difficult to sit through a game and celebrate appropriately without putting your hands on someone else.