• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'16 Home and Away Opponents

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat buried with the big win yesterday and upcoming playoff season, but our 2016 home and away opponents are now set:

Home: Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo, Miami, Philly

Away: NO, TB, NE, NYJ, GB

Seahawks' 2016 home and away opponents finalized

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just never know what to mske of a schedule. A tough schedule could end up being pretty cake nd vice versa.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We go to G.B. two years in a row?
Well, GB and Philly are our two 2nd place schedule opponents. Philly is here; GB is on the road.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 5 quality prime time games before the flex schedule kicks in.

Carolina/GB/NE/AZ/S.F. or STL for our Thursday night game
Possibly ATL as well with Dan Quinn returning to Seattle.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 5 quality prime time games before the flex schedule kicks in.

Carolina/GB/NE/AZ/S.F. or STL for our Thursday night game
Possibly ATL as well with Dan Quinn returning to Seattle.

I'd scratch the San Francisco matchups off that list. Without the Harbaugh v. Carroll angle they got to use for the first few years of Carroll's time here and with San Francisco's drop-off in quality this year and the uncertainty of what their new coach, whoever they hire, will bring to the table, I don't know if that's a "sexy" matchup to the networks anymore.

The matchups with the Rams could be interesting for a couple of reasons. First of all, they tend to be close games for the most part, so other fans would be less likely to turn the channel early due to a blowout. The other reason being the Rams' potential move to L.A.. If the Rams did move back to So. Cal., the network would have that angle and the whole "Ken Behring tried to move the Seahawks to L.A. 20 years ago, which lead to Paul Allen buying the team, which ultimately led to three (possibly four) trips to the Super Bowl for the Hawks in the last 10 years" story to talk about.

The Carolina, Green Bay, New England, Arizona and Atlanta matchups would all be worthy of primetime games for various reasons.

Having said all that... thanks to the networks' fear of putting potential blowouts on in primetime games, the likelihood of more than one or two primetime home games is small. In this case, more primetime road games might not be a bad thing. With all the eastern timezone matchups on the schedule next year, the fewer potential 10 am Pacific starts, the better even though that isn't the issue that it used to be results wise.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd scratch the San Francisco matchups off that list. Without the Harbaugh v. Carroll angle they got to use for the first few years of Carroll's time here and with San Francisco's drop-off in quality this year and the uncertainty of what their new coach, whoever they hire, will bring to the table, I don't know if that's a "sexy" matchup to the networks anymore.

The matchups with the Rams could be interesting for a couple of reasons. First of all, they tend to be close games for the most part, so other fans would be less likely to turn the channel early due to a blowout. The other reason being the Rams' potential move to L.A.. If the Rams did move back to So. Cal., the network would have that angle and the whole "Ken Behring tried to move the Seahawks to L.A. 20 years ago, which lead to Paul Allen buying the team, which ultimately led to three (possibly four) trips to the Super Bowl for the Hawks in the last 10 years" story to talk about.

The Carolina, Green Bay, New England, Arizona and Atlanta matchups would all be worthy of primetime games for various reasons.

Having said all that... thanks to the networks' fear of putting potential blowouts on in primetime games, the likelihood of more than one or two primetime home games is small. In this case, more primetime road games might not be a bad thing. With all the eastern timezone matchups on the schedule next year, the fewer potential 10 am Pacific starts, the better even though that isn't the issue that it used to be results wise.

The SF game could become interesting if Chip Kelly is hired. I'l be curious too see how his offense runs without a human statue behind center. We'll see if that hire happens soon.

I think the networks still fear the blowouts but now that its out in the open, I can't see them only giving Seattle 1 home prime time game. They kept it quiet for a while but now look silly since they got caught doing it.

The only thing Ken Behring did right was being forced to sell the Seahawks. Fly covered horse shit looks and probably smells better then that human garbage.