• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 College/Draft Talk

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely HATE McCaffery as a pro and everything I read is that he isn't going to be a first round pick. He is a fantastic athlete and is a blast to watch, but doesnt have the size to be a full time RB or the size to be a #1 WR. He is going to be a slot got and I'm not giving up a high pick for Cole Beasley part two.

I think McCaffrey will be an excellent pro player ... same size as LeSean McCoy, but a tuffer' runner between the Tackles. A team will use him much like Indy/Rams used Marshall Faulk ... runner/receiver.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here are a few players that have caught my eye...

Desmond King CB Iowa - Absolutely love this kid, take a watch, kids gonna be a star. If we have a shot at him in rd 1 I'm all for it. Desmond King vs Pittsburgh (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Johnny Caspers - OG/C Stanford - Stanford O-linemen are great NFL o-linemen. This kid is big, strong and obviously if you go to Stanford, you are smart. He plays center as well as OG, and I love his size as a center, as i am not a huge kelce fan. Johnny Caspers vs Kansas State (2016) | Draft Breakdown

Early Sleepers...

Bruce Mapp WR Coastal Carolina
De'Angelo Henderson RB Coastal Carolina De’Angelo Henderson vs North Dakota State (2014) | Draft Breakdown

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCaffrey will be an excellent pro player ... same size as LeSean McCoy, but a tuffer' runner between the Tackles. A team will use him much like Indy/Rams used Marshall Faulk ... runner/receiver.

Rey, I do think he's a little bigger than Shady, although not as shifty, but more like BWest, imo. Just me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, the more I think about it, if we can land a solid OT in FA, then I think we need to grab the best CB in the first (unless we go for McCaffrey), and draft the best OT in the 2nd, followed by RB/WR in the 3rd.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is NOTHING like Marshall Faulk. Dont want to rip the guy you love but I think he is going to be a very mediocre player. Didnt he get shut down last night?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is NOTHING like Marshall Faulk. Dont want to rip the guy you love but I think he is going to be a very mediocre player. Didnt he get shut down last night?

Read what I said again ... I said "used" like Marshall Faulk (a good deal as a receiver). The kid is damn good though imo and if 138 yards rushing means he got shut down, then yeah, he was shut down.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening on the radio and thought I heard that. Dont get me wrong. Hes extremely talented but Im just worried how it translates in the NFL. We shall see.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McCaffrey is on the board when we pick, we better snag him. The kid is very gifted. Good speed, hands, and shifty. He is a smart kid, coming from a school like Stanford. He comes from a pretty good bloodline, his dae as well. Surprised nobody has brought him up?d Ed was a good NFL player. I like having somebody the jack of all trades. Jabril Peppers will translate well in the NFL imo. He can play everywher

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO WAY! if we draft a RB in rd one someone should be fired! We draft CB or O-line! 2 out of 3 picks need to be o-linemen. You protect the Franchise! CB needs to be drafted simply because Mckelvins an old man by NFL standards.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO WAY! if we draft a RB in rd one someone should be fired! We draft CB or O-line! 2 out of 3 picks need to be o-linemen. You protect the Franchise! CB needs to be drafted simply because Mckelvins an old man by NFL standards.

It all depends on where we pick and who's there ... I'm not a big fan of taking RB in Rd 1 either regardless of how much I like the RB 's available. OL has to be high on our list as well as Corner.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie the thief, may grab a Cb and OT in free agency, leaving a CB or a stud like McCaffrey sitting thee as the BPA when our turn comes. this next draft seems to be more loaded than this year, I think.

BTW, beside Ed McCaffrey, Christian's Mom was a star athlete as well.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned about Kelcee, any stud centers that could be a number 1 pick?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some stud centers, but not #1 picks. We should get one in the 3rd or 4th, I think.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just drafted our center last year.

Need OT and CB in the draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a WR I'd love to add for Wentz ... small school, but he's bad ass ... Corey Davis

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good find Rey. He has the whole package. Size, speed, skills. I think he can be picked in the 2nd round. WR is not the top need, but if we land a T and CB in free agency, we can use the 1st and 2nd picks on RB, and WR. BPA always take priority in the 1st 2 rounds, IMO. Fill needs n FA, and take the BPA. I know that's how you think as well.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey is a luxury pick to me - I think his pro career will shake out similar to Reggie Bush, and the way Pederson employs his backs he wouldn't have to be a full-time runner in our offense. He would be a good fit because he can do a lot of different things but to spend a 1st on him? Only if it ends up being in the late 20's.

The notion that he is undersized is bogus - has anyone seen the guns on that guy? He runs bigger than his listed size.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson is a committee kind of guy at RB ... they rotated guys in KC and he does it here ... and I'm ok with it. I don't see RB as a Rd 1 pick for us at all.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson is a committee kind of guy at RB ... they rotated guys in KC and he does it here ... and I'm ok with it. I don't see RB as a Rd 1 pick for us at all.

Agreed here. And nor should we think about RB in round 1......even for the gifted like McCafferey. If he is there in 2nd or 3rd (probably not....but we have seen such things happen between January and May) then he could be a good replacement for the role they are working to put Sproles in this year.

Look OL or maybe CB in round one...that's what you look for in round one. Take upside flyers later.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally OL would be great, but sometimes there's nobody at your pick worth it for the position. Still a long way to go before we can really identify what we need. I wouldn't totally dismiss other positions on Defense aside from Corner. Dominant Defenses win games (Carolina, Denver, Minnesota).