• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12th Man to fly "Go Hawks" over Stick Stadium

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fans plan to fly a ‘Go Hawks’ banner over Candlestick Park on Sunday

Seattle Seahawks fans have hatched a plan to fly a banner over Candlestick Park this Sunday.

A group consisting of 100 contributors have pooled together $1,809 to fly the banner that will read, ”GO HAWKS-12″ for 15 minutes. The airplane towing the banner is expected to reach Candlestick Park 10 minutes prior to kickoff of the Seahawks-49ers game. Seahawks fans Cedric James Morris and Travis Platt created a FundRazr account to come up with the resources and already have made $509 more than their initial goal.

Morris says they plan to donate the excess amount of money to the Wounded Warrior Project.

It’s a clever idea, but most fans will be focused on their tailgating before the game and the actual football on the field as the game begins. The banner in the sky will merely be a nuisance that people can easily avert their eyes to avoid.

[RELATED: Why the Seahawks are scary (and possibly) evil]

There’s also the possibility of fog. According to the two fans involved, the pilot could elect to not fly and give the money back if conditions aren’t ideal.

Here’s the message that was posted on the FundRazr account that explains their actions:

Many of us can’t make to Candlestick park to support our Seahawks on Dec. 8th when they play the 49ers. To show our dedication and support as members of the 12th man Travis Platt and I (Cedric James Morris) propose that we fly a plane with a banner attached that reads “GO HAWKS-12″ over the staduim 10 minutes before kickoff not just showing San Francicso, but the entire nation that we are the most passionate, the greatest, and the LOUDEST fans in the NFL. The banner would fly for approximately 10 to 15 minutes above Candle Stick!!! The amount total is exact to the dollar of the price for this task to happen, and the pilot has a no fly guarantee. If for any reason conditions are not suitable to fly, our money will be returned, and every individual that contributes will get any contributions back via paypal. Let’s show the world, and those 49er’s what the 12th Man is all about. ARE U FIRED UP? Let’s make this happen my fellow 12′s.

Go Hawks!!!!!!

Seahawks fans plan to fly a ?Go Hawks? banner over Candlestick Park on Sunday | Field of Teams

Whats funny we even have 12th man bricks in that new stadium :yahoo::laugh3:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Icing on the cake would be to clinch the top seed at their stadium,,,oh myyy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Icing on the cake would be to clinch the top seed at their stadium,,,oh myyy.

Thought they had to win 2 of their last 4 to clinch HFA so they can't clinch @SF. :noidea:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought they had to win 2 of their last 4 to clinch HFA so they can't clinch @SF. :noidea:

I am looking at the likely scenario or law of average on how it is playing out,there is always a game where you can look back depending on how others fall where you say "That's where it happened".

Plus we have the tie breaker so it is likely case closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Seahawks beat the Niners next week to get to 12 wins and lock up the NFC West title, and the winner of the NO/Car game went to 10-3, the Seahawks would then have to lose 3 straight and the winner of the NO/Car game would have win 3 straight to go 13-3 and gain the one game lead they'd need to take the #1 seed away from the Seahawks because equaling the Seahawks' record would still give the Seahawks the edge with the head-to-head tiebreaker. It's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely that the Seahawks finish the season losing 3 straight games, so it's highly unlikely, though not impossible, that either New Orleans or Carolina can get the #1 seed even if the Seahawks win in San Francisco next week.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's gonna sit well.. I would say don't do it… That's not gonna sit well with 49r fans… I don't think we would want that done either… Just saying…

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's gonna sit well.. I would say don't do it… That's not gonna sit well with 49r fans… I don't think we would want that done either… Just saying…

Unless a big deal is made out of it pre-game, I doubt many people would even notice. There's a plane that has flown a Geico ad above Safeco Field before almost every M's game that I've been to over the last few years, but if I asked people about it, I doubt I'd find many people who noticed it besides me. Now that this is out there for other media outlets to pick up, it might gain some traction, but if nobody had said anything ahead of time, I doubt anyone attending the game would even notice it.

edit: For the record, I don't really like it either. It's unnecessary. Seahawks fans have traveled well this year, with "Sea-Hawks!" chants being audible at the last few road games. The best way to make sure that the 49ers and their fans know that we're there is to show up to the game in droves to cheer on the Hawks. That'd get plenty of attention as it is.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best part "[RELATED: Why the Seahawks are scary (and possibly) evil]"