• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/8 Dubs @ Wolves 5p Tip

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aka Dub wins nightly show, thank the rest of the league for showing up, give us the rings now.

:lol:

No Rubio or Pekovic, Dubs better not look past this game, Wolves still have some nice pieces, Dieng, Wiggins, Young, Brewer.

Dubs will bring the same formula, and pull this out 110-98.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut left after 2 mins, banged knees, hope it's not serious.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We may not need Bogut against the Rockets with Howard out.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously I would like it better if both big men were playing.....but it should still be a good game and test for both teams if they don't. While I give The Dubs the edge in the front court and bench...Houston has a slight advantage at the 3 & 4 positions. I Expect an intense battle no matter what.

Btw: I was more concerned about Bogut's overall status beyond wednesday night's game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second team played really well. R Livingston is really getting comfortable playing for the Dubs. No one seems to like it when Barbosa shoots from 3 (Warrior announcers) though he is a lifetime 39% shooter. I didn't see the TO tally, but did notice that they had a decent number of them early on. If Minnesota had their regular guys (especially Keven Martin), this would have been a good game unless the Dubs played better.

Curry has been struggling lately with his 3-pt shot, but he's gotten so good at driving and at shooting shorter J's that he still hit 10-20 from the field even though he was 1-7 from 3. He got a nice block (from behind) on someone. Ezeli played okay, though he did exhibit those hands of stone a few times. He had a nice big block on someone.

I thought that Lee was going to play soon. When is he due back? The announcers are right about Green and his shot. When left completely open, he hits a really high %, but when slightly covered, way low. Last night he basically stopped shooting them, but faked it then drove to finish or dish off. It's good that he can learn when to let it go and when to fake and drive.

Oh, did anyone see Jon Wall break down during his interview after their game with Boston? He'd befriended a 6 year old girl with cancer who has attended some Wizards' games. She'd just died very recently. Good NBA story, though sad for the girl.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dubs looked terrible on offense and defense without Bogut.

Klay, Steph, Green, may lead the team in scoring, but Bogut is the facilitator on offense, sets greats screens, and forces the opposition to pull their big from the lane.

On defense, he is our wall. FE tries, but can't stay out of folk trouble. Speights is a little undersized, and doesn't always get in proper position.

-> Anyone see Speights tip ins last night? If FE had his touch downlow, we wouldn't need another big.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second team played really well. R Livingston is really getting comfortable playing for the Dubs. No one seems to like it when Barbosa shoots from 3 (Warrior announcers) though he is a lifetime 39% shooter. I didn't see the TO tally, but did notice that they had a decent number of them early on. If Minnesota had their regular guys (especially Keven Martin), this would have been a good game unless the Dubs played better.

Curry has been struggling lately with his 3-pt shot, but he's gotten so good at driving and at shooting shorter J's that he still hit 10-20 from the field even though he was 1-7 from 3. He got a nice block (from behind) on someone. Ezeli played okay, though he did exhibit those hands of stone a few times. He had a nice big block on someone.

I thought that Lee was going to play soon. When is he due back? The announcers are right about Green and his shot. When left completely open, he hits a really high %, but when slightly covered, way low. Last night he basically stopped shooting them, but faked it then drove to finish or dish off. It's good that he can learn when to let it go and when to fake and drive.

Oh, did anyone see Jon Wall break down during his interview after their game with Boston? He'd befriended a 6 year old girl with cancer who has attended some Wizards' games. She'd just died very recently. Good NBA story, though sad for the girl.

Barbosa was never a good 3pt shooter, his shot reminds me of Marions but atleast Marion hits 30-35% of the time. Whenever Barbosa heaves a 3pt shot, it makes me think he forgot Kerr designed for the set play and just decided the hell with it, i'm going to launch this.

Didn't see Wall break down on TV, i'll have to google it later. Its good to see the human side of things, lots of celebs do things for publicity, I hope this wasn't just for the cameras.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I would like it better if both big men were playing.....but it should still be a good game and test for both teams if they don't. While I give The Dubs the edge in the front court and bench...Houston has a slight advantage at the 3 & 4 positions. I Expect an intense battle no matter what.

Btw: I was more concerned about Bogut's overall status beyond wednesday night's game.
I don't think that anyone has had an "advantage" on Draymond this season.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leandro Barbosa Stats - Golden State Warriors - ESPN

Above is a link to Barbosa's career stats. It shows that Barbosa is a career 38.7% 3 point shooter in the NBA. Did you think I was making this up?
I remember him being decent enough from distance back in the day, but that was then and this is now. Now, his three pointer stinks, and, unless the shot clock is about to expire, it should be removed from his shot list.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him being decent enough from distance back in the day, but that was then and this is now. Now, his three pointer stinks, and, unless the shot clock is about to expire, it should be removed from his shot list.

This. Especially if anyone named Steph, Klay, AI, Dray +/or HB are on the floor. Heck... I'd even rather see Sp8's heave up a 3 instead of Bosa nova.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Lord, you're all just taking up for one another. Look at any year that Barbosa has had any regular playing time and he's averaging 39% from 3. He's shot all of 24 3 pointers so far this year. Anyone when given more of a sample size can shoot either a very low of very high % of their shots. You don't select a very small sample size to conclude that someone is either "the greatest" or "the worst".

For example, in Curry's last 6 games, he's shooting 25% (10 for 40) from 3. In Barbosa's last 2 seasons he has barely shot from 3. Now, he's with a team that lives and dies by the 3 and is a great passing team. This is the team you want to play with if you like to shoot the 3. With all of the other shooters on the team, this will only leave more players open, much like D. Green has experienced this year. Green has been playing with the starters, specifically with Klay and Steph. So, sure, he's got wide open 3-pointers. Barbosa, though, has played with the second team mostly, so he hasn't been as open. Baseball players go 1-24 all the time, but you don't not allow them to play. You let them hit their way out of it, or take extra batting practice. Perhaps Kerr will ask Barbosa to get in some extra shots from 3 during or after practice.

Where's the eye-roll emoticon?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aka Dub wins nightly show, thank the rest of the league for showing up, give us the rings now.

No Rubio or Pekovic, Dubs better not look past this game, Wolves still have some nice pieces, Dieng, Wiggins, Young, Brewer.

Dubs will bring the same formula, and pull this out 110-98.

Another nice win. I didn't see the game. Did the Dubs get through it with everyone healthy?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Lord, you're all just taking up for one another. Look at any year that Barbosa has had any regular playing time and he's averaging 39% from 3. He's shot all of 24 3 pointers so far this year. Anyone when given more of a sample size can shoot either a very low of very high % of their shots. You don't select a very small sample size to conclude that someone is either "the greatest" or "the worst".

For example, in Curry's last 6 games, he's shooting 25% (10 for 40) from 3. In Barbosa's last 2 seasons he has barely shot from 3. Now, he's with a team that lives and dies by the 3 and is a great passing team. This is the team you want to play with if you like to shoot the 3. With all of the other shooters on the team, this will only leave more players open, much like D. Green has experienced this year. Green has been playing with the starters, specifically with Klay and Steph. So, sure, he's got wide open 3-pointers. Barbosa, though, has played with the second team mostly, so he hasn't been as open. Baseball players go 1-24 all the time, but you don't not allow them to play. You let them hit their way out of it, or take extra batting practice. Perhaps Kerr will ask Barbosa to get in some extra shots from 3 during or after practice.

Where's the eye-roll emoticon?
Did you want to put a smiley face after this? Hope so.

Barbosa's threes have, for the most part, looked ugly this season. They look even uglier when he hoists them early in a possession, like he did again last night. My wife now knows that when she hears me screaming "no" from the other room, that it's just Leandro bombing and nothing worse.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barbosa's threes have, for the most part, looked ugly this season. They look even uglier when he hoists them early in a possession, like he did again last night. My wife now knows that when she hears me screaming "no" from the other room, that it's just Leandro bombing and nothing worse.

Barbosa has been an above average 3 point shooter his entire career. He had a down year with Phoenix last year and it has continued on to this season.

Rather than eliminating the threat of a 3 point shot all together from the repertoire, he needs to just put some more practice in at the gym. From what I've seen from Barbosa, he doesn't look to be settling for threes. I'd venture to say at least half of the looks were good clean ones. A majority of the rest have been towards the end of the shot clock.

I'd rather he get some opportunities to get out of the funk earlier in the season than just stop shooting all together. Having Livingston, Iguodala, and Barbosa struggling to shoot from the outside would cause some problems down the line.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dubs looked terrible on offense and defense without Bogut.

Klay, Steph, Green, may lead the team in scoring, but Bogut is the facilitator on offense, sets greats screens, and forces the opposition to pull their big from the lane.

On defense, he is our wall. FE tries, but can't stay out of folk trouble. Speights is a little undersized, and doesn't always get in proper position.

-> Anyone see Speights tip ins last night? If FE had his touch downlow, we wouldn't need another big.

All of that is true, but to me it's more important to manage Bogut's health. Knee tendinitis is something that can linger and we all know Bogut has a propensity to heal slowly. There won't be many chances like a Howard-type center being out, which lowers the risk of sitting Bogut.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. When no one can look and see that if a guy is a lifetime 39% 3-pt shooter that he's probably a decent 3-pt shooter, the only conclusion I can reach is that everyone's just sticking together. I certainly have seen enough of y'all to know that you aren't dumb.

I'm guessing that if Barbosa is taking his 3's before Kerr wants them to be shot that Kerr will let him know. I'm also guessing that Kerr is well aware of how well Barbosa has shot 3-pointers during his NBA career. I'm not going to toss aside a shooting guard's entire career stats because he's currently shooting way less than he has on a team that he's just joined. You all can, but I'll have to see a larger sample size before I do it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. When no one can look and see that if a guy is a lifetime 39% 3-pt shooter that he's probably a decent 3-pt shooter, the only conclusion I can reach is that everyone's just sticking together. I certainly have seen enough of y'all to know that you aren't dumb.

I'm guessing that if Barbosa is taking his 3's before Kerr wants them to be shot that Kerr will let him know. I'm also guessing that Kerr is well aware of how well Barbosa has shot 3-pointers during his NBA career. I'm not going to toss aside a shooting guard's entire career stats because he's currently shooting way less than he has on a team that he's just joined. You all can, but I'll have to see a larger sample size before I do it.

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm on your side.