• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12/4 NBA LA Lakers @ Houston 8:00 pm EST

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers (8-9) @ Rockets (8-8).

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to win me some vcash. I don't know squat about the NBA except for the Sixers. Who is a safe bet here folks? I may put 1500 on the Lakers. Is this a good bet?

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antawn Jamison will start for the Lakers in place of Pau Gasol, who is out with tendinitis in his knees. (I miss Jamison from his Wizard days.. he was always a good guy that was hard not to root for).

Pau Gasol of Los Angeles Lakers out Tuesday against Houston Rockets with tendinitis in knees - ESPN Los Angeles

Of course, there is speculation about Pau's fit with the Lakers under D'Antoni's helm and whether a trade will bolster the team. I don't follow the NBA avidly anymore, but there always seems to be a little bit of drama surrounding the Lakers. I can't predict if Kobe's "big boy pants" comment will have a deleterious effect on the squad or not.

mall3013... I don't know about a big bet here. I'd scale it back. I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win this one.

{Edit: Scratch that, I see you went with the Lakers. Good luck!}

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! I can only hope that I put in for the Lakers. Im feint like this may be a repeat of last night. I bet big on the Giants and thought that the Skins would come away with the win. I'm thinking the Rockets may win this damn thing. The Lakers are like the Cowboys, which team is going to show up?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antawn Jamison will start for the Lakers in place of Pau Gasol, who is out with tendinitis in his knees. (I miss Jamison from his Wizard days.. he was always a good guy that was hard not to root for).

Pau Gasol of Los Angeles Lakers out Tuesday against Houston Rockets with tendinitis in knees - ESPN Los Angeles

Of course, there is speculation about Pau's fit with the Lakers under D'Antoni's helm and whether a trade will bolster the team. I don't follow the NBA avidly anymore, but there always seems to be a little bit of drama surrounding the Lakers. I can't predict if Kobe's "big boy pants" comment will have a deleterious effect on the squad or not.

mall3013... I don't know about a big bet here. I'd scale it back. I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win this one.

{Edit: Scratch that, I see you went with the Lakers. Good luck!}

I'm hoping Jamison in the starting line up works out because after watching a lot of LA's struggles, I think it would be beneficial if Gasol actually game off the bench. He's not fitting in with Howard and his jumper hasn't been consistent enough to keep him where he is spacing wise on the court. Makes more sense to me to split time at C between Gasol and Howard (with some minutes together) and let Gasol finish the game at C since Howard sucks ass at FTs.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden 1-10 so far for the Rockets! Lakers leading 56-41 with about a minute left in the first half.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden 1-10 so far for the Rockets! Lakers leading 56-41 with about a minute left in the first half.

So far so good. I see Kobe and Jamisen are having a big game. Hopefully the Lakers can keep it going.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. If we ever get hockey back, please don't bet on the Flyers. Lol. I'm usually terrible at betting so don't feel bad.

This is why I never bet on sporting events with real money. It's truly amazing how bad I am at it.

If somebody wants a lock all they have to do is see if I've bet on the game & pick the other team.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never bet on sporting events with real money. It's truly amazing how bad I am at it.

If somebody wants a lock all they have to do is see if I've bet on the game & pick the other team.

You still may win this game. The Lakers are not that good. It's all Kobe.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That has actually been my strategy for the last two bets I've made.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are about to choke this game away. Unreal! My vcash down the shitter. Lol. Damn do they suck. I wonder what Phil Jackson is thinking these days? Bad hire Jerry Buss. You had Phil and hired Dantoni.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are about to choke this game away. Unreal! My vcash down the shitter. Lol. Damn do they suck. I wonder what Phil Jackson is thinking these days? Bad hire Jerry Buss. You had Phil and hired Dantoni.

I'll accept making some bad picks on some of the games. I'm really kicking myself for betting on the Canadian Football League Grey Cup, though. I had no earthly business betting on a game in a league I know nothing about!