• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/16/2014 Warriors @ Grizzlies, 5:00 PST tip-off

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smokes....get a stop, Curry hits a 3, go to OT?

Edit: nope

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ws need to beat the newly healthy Thunder in their next game, which is at home, to show they are legit.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs did well, they were right there until about 50 seconds left when Curry missed the layup. We knew the team needed to shoot well and both Curry and Green were horrendous from distance. It had to end sometime and they'll be at full strength in the next one with Bogut and Lee coming back.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is rigged, these Ref's dont' want the Dubs to win tonight...2 awful technicals

That was a big miss by the refs on the Conley travel but Iguodala is a veteran, he knows better than to show up the refs like that.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough road loss to a very good team, but if there's any moral victory... other than keeping it close while being short handed ...it's that the dubs tenacity and aggressive play near the end got it down to a 1 possession game.
We all knew the streak was bound to end soon...just glad it happened away from Oracle.
So now it's time to start another win streak, and it begins at home on Thursday against OKC.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg I totally blame you for this loss :noidea:

No moral victories here, Dubs fought strong, give MEM credit, they played well. Dubs just didn't have the shooting tonight. D.Green 2-11 killed them, the 3 techs on AI#9, D.Green and Kerr , and Vince (80 year old) Carter turned back the clock to 2004 on them.

Dubs are still in 1st place, I can't wait for the rematch down the line, hopefully when the Dubs are helpful.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this, the Memphis fans are quite touchy. They freak out if you call a foul on their players. I'd call them an unintelligent crowd, like the ones I used to watch games with when I went to LSU.

The game went pretty much as I thought. I hadn't realized that Gasol had lost so much weight. Kudos to him. I think the Dubs proved that they would be the better team when fully healthy. I was happy to see them get back into the game. The Warriors were not going to win this game with Curry going 1-8 (I think) from 3-pt range.

D. Green has to start to develop a mid-range game. It's not enough to just jack 'em up from 3 or only go to the basket. I know he worked a lot of his 3-point shot in the off-season, but he's got to have a plan B for when either his 3 is off or the defense challenges his 3.

Memphis's second team was really good, very under control and played well as a team. They should be an example for other second teams to model after.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No moral victories here, Dubs fought strong, give MEM credit, they played well. Dubs just didn't have the shooting tonight. D.Green 2-11 killed them, the 3 techs on AI#9, D.Green and Kerr , and Vince (80 year old) Carter turned back the clock to 2004 on them.

Dubs are still in 1st place, I can't wait for the rematch down the line, hopefully when the Dubs are helpful.

Curry's 1 for 10 on Three's didn't help either. Still, with a rebounder and rim protector in there the outcome would have been different. The Griz have always been tough on the Warriors but this OKC game concerns me even more. Gotta love the way the Dubs are playing though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I humbly accept the blame for the loss. I "own" 2 of our 3 losses this year. Guess I should shy away from the tougher games.

What can I say. The shot was open....I took it in confidence and it rattled out. If I were in the same position again, I'd have passed it to Barbosa FOR THE THREE!:lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

There really isn't anything as a good loss, but I'd prefer a loss to a team that is a toss up versus a team that we played down to their level. The Grizzlies made the Warriors work, every possession on the offensive and defensive end. The Warriors needed a game like this against a very quality opponent.

Even if we have a #fullsquad, the Grizzlies are the second worst matchup for the Warriors (first being the Spurs). They play a grind it out game which the Warriors are not really that well equiped to handle. The slow paced offense for the Grizz eliminates some of the flow and continuity of the Warriors offense, which was evident at times yesterday.

The good news: Warriors shot very poorly yesterday and sustained a huge run made against them, made a lot of careless turnovers, and still were in a position to win against the second best team in the NBA. That to me is the biggest indicator of our potential this season versus a comeback win against a team like Orlando.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

There really isn't anything as a good loss, but I'd prefer a loss to a team that is a toss up versus a team that we played down to their level. The Grizzlies made the Warriors work, every possession on the offensive and defensive end. The Warriors needed a game like this against a very quality opponent.

Even if we have a #fullsquad, the Grizzlies are the second worst matchup for the Warriors (first being the Spurs). They play a grind it out game which the Warriors are not really that well equiped to handle. The slow paced offense for the Grizz eliminates some of the flow and continuity of the Warriors offense, which was evident at times yesterday.

The good news: Warriors shot very poorly yesterday and sustained a huge run made against them, made a lot of careless turnovers, and still were in a position to win against the second best team in the NBA. That to me is the biggest indicator of our potential this season versus a comeback win against a team like Orlando.

Dubs went with Green at the 5 for large stretches, forced Gasol to be a passer, he kept feeding to players who kept missing. Dubs doubled on Gasol every play and it was effective for us, too bad we couldn't run our offense vs jacking up contested 3's (Steph)

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I humbly accept the blame for the loss. I "own" 2 of our 3 losses this year. Guess I should shy away from the tougher games.

What can I say. The shot was open....I took it in confidence and it rattled out. If I were in the same position again, I'd have passed it to Barbosa FOR THE THREE!:lol:

Like Barbosa, you no longer have the green light :pound:

Dubs weren't favored, and with the Ref's calling everything MEM's way, we weren't going to win that one. but so far you do own 66% of the losses this year, lol, its something to be proud of I suppose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Barbosa, you no longer have the green light :pound:

Dubs weren't favored, and with the Ref's calling everything MEM's way, we weren't going to win that one. but so far you do own 66% of the losses this year, lol, its something to be proud of I suppose.

Not to be technical, but it's 67% when you round.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider:

- No Bogut, Lee or Barbosa.
- In Memphis
- High school refs
- Curry and Green missing many wide open looks
- HB playing after getting hammered

And the Dubs barely lost. If Kerr can manage the health of this team to be playoff ready, the Griz are going down.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is riding high after both the Warrior win and then the 3 OT win in S.A. last night. But, the Warriors are still the team to beat. It should be a fun game to watch tonight against OKC. I'd start the Game Thread, but I've been stripped of this privilege.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W an upgrade at SF or SG, Grizz could win it all. Thy might be ugly but they is good.