• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12/1 Panthers - Buccaneers Game Impressions ...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Agree about the turnovers, though we're taking the ball away as well. Cam needs to get his feet set - a lot of his INTs are a direct result of bad mechanics.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright! 27-6 final. To think that I was worried about this one.

Positives: Tolbert's physical running, Defensive pressure and tackling picked up after the first couple of possessions, competent play-calling, much better execution/blocking in the passing department this week. WRs were getting open today, not giving up on plays. Ginn smoked Revis -> one of the highlights of the year.

Negatives: Having to settle for short FGs in the red zone, bad decisions by Cam on a couple of passes, and as I mentioned, throwing off his back foot for a pick. Got beat on some deep routes today -> got to keep things in front of us, as that's the whole idea.

We're 9-3, and every win gets us closer to the playoffs.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said 10 wins and the Panthers are in at the beginning of the season. But I'm hoping for Home Field Advantage now. Gotta beat the Saints at least once and then get a little help. But the playoffs are within their grasps.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright! 27-6 final. To think that I was worried about this one.

Positives: Tolbert's physical running, Defensive pressure and tackling picked up after the first couple of possessions, competent play-calling, much better execution/blocking in the passing department this week. WRs were getting open today, not giving up on plays. Ginn smoked Revis -> one of the highlights of the year.

Negatives: Having to settle for short FGs in the red zone, bad decisions by Cam on a couple of passes, and as I mentioned, throwing off his back foot for a pick. Got beat on some deep routes today -> got to keep things in front of us, as that's the whole idea.

We're 9-3, and every win gets us closer to the playoffs.

We didn't have to settle for the 2nd FG, Rivera said he looked at as minimal risk and going up 3 TD's to tie with less than 6 minutes left. Cam did make a couple of bad decisions on those INT's but unlike past years he did not let that get to him. Loved the fact that our D blanked TB's O after the first quarter. Our backups stood up, and made up for Johnson and Williams being out. Also should give props to AJ Klein, he only had 3 tackles but every one was for a loss. This was a hard game to get excited about. The Panthers simply went out and took care of business. Now on to New Orleans.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, would anyone else liked to have seen Edwards pick up that fumble and run it back for a TD? You probably could get a bathroom break before he reaches the end zone.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be a negative Nancy but we have to at some point be able t run between the tackles. Too many tfl's and little yo no gainers.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't have to settle for the 2nd FG, Rivera said he looked at as minimal risk and going up 3 TD's to tie with less than 6 minutes left. Cam did make a couple of bad decisions on those INT's but unlike past years he did not let that get to him. Loved the fact that our D blanked TB's O after the first quarter. Our backups stood up, and made up for Johnson and Williams being out. Also should give props to AJ Klein, he only had 3 tackles but every one was for a loss. This was a hard game to get excited about. The Panthers simply went out and took care of business. Now on to New Orleans.

Bold: Klein has performed well. I believe he was mainly an MLB in college, so it was surprising to see him put on a couple of pass rushes like he has. I think he's a guy you can plug in for depth either outside or in the middle. To our other rookies -> haven't seen Short do much of late, but Star has been solid. Barner got in there and took some vicious shots. I just think the Panthers need big, physical backs that can pound it out when there isn't much.