• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-year anniversary is November 19th...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved how the two fans ran on the court and Jermaine O'Neal knocked them out

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell do you get that last sentence from. I've never once said anything about Stern in regards to the integrity of the game and agree that the integrity of the game has never been his primary (or even secondary) motive. Stern has been about money since the day he took over as commissioner and it drove virtually every decision he made.

Heck, my first sentence in the post that you responded to was: "While I agree that RonRon was punished unfairly......"

You might want to try to argue points that were actually made, not whatever happens to pop into your head.

Dude, not all my comments on here are directed at you personally. I know I had slammed you earlier in the year 2014, but I'm at the point in my life where I'm no longer going to obsess over personal feuds, given the situation with my dad (ask TLF about this).

Notice in that statement I had written "please, no one", meaning it wasn't directed at you in particular.

Back to the real topic:

While I agree the league is in good hands right now under Silver, but make no mistake - The NBA had been clinging to its past for dear life, literally for the entire decade of the 2000's.

While I could live with Jordan's All-Star berth in 2002, his 2003 one was pure BS. He was coming off the bench for much of the season's start. It was Vince Carter that was voted in by the fans that year, but was essentially pressured into giving up his starting nod to Jordan.

I'm sorry, but Stack deserved the roster spot more.

Don't even get me started about the Playoff format. If the first round was still best-of-five, you also wouldn't be seeing teams dogging the regular season like they do (something the Kevin Garnett-led Celtics were notorious for) had they known they'd be only guaranteed ONE HOME PLAYOFF GAME.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, not all my comments on here are directed at you personally. I know I had slammed you earlier in the year 2014, but I'm at the point in my life where I'm no longer going to obsess over personal feuds, given the situation with my dad (ask TLF about this).

Notice in that statement I had written "please, no one", meaning it wasn't directed at you in particular.

Back to the real topic:

While I agree the league is in good hands right now under Silver, but make no mistake - The NBA had been clinging to its past for dear life, literally for the entire decade of the 2000's.

While I could live with Jordan's All-Star berth in 2002, his 2003 one was pure BS. He was coming off the bench for much of the season's start. It was Vince Carter that was voted in by the fans that year, but was essentially pressured into giving up his starting nod to Jordan.

I'm sorry, but Stack deserved the roster spot more.

Don't even get me started about the Playoff format. If the first round was still best-of-five, you also wouldn't be seeing teams dogging the regular season like they do (something the Kevin Garnett-led Celtics were notorious for) had they known they'd be only guaranteed ONE HOME PLAYOFF GAME.

:L My bad. Went back and re-read it. You're right, not directed at me personally.

I agree with much of what you say, but MJ was MJ and that's just how the league is. Old stars still make the all-star team, even when they no longer should. It is what it is.

I agree about the playoff format, but like I said, the change was about money. More playoff games equals more money and that's the NBA's primary concern. The unfortunate side effect of that is that it has made the true "monumental upsets" that used to occasionally happen in the 3 and 5 game series pretty much non-existent.