• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Teams Who Actually Have a Chance to Win the College Football Playoff

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:

Alabama: Quarterback play will be key. Jake Coker will be the favorite to win the job, but Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell and Blake Barnett will all make their case for the job.

Auburn: Nick Marshall and Cameron Artis-Payne will need to be replaced.

Baylor: Will Seth Russell prove to be an adequate replacement for Bryce Petty?

Clemson: Will Deshaun Watson be healthy enough?

Georgia: Can Nick Chub carry the load?

Ohio State: Who will lead the Nations best returning team?

Oregon: Vernon Adams' transfer from Eastern Washington looms large. Can he lead the Ducks to the promised land or will he even win the QB job?

USC: Cody Kessler could be the Nation's best QB.

TCU: Just how good are the Horned Frogs?

UCLA: Can 18 returning starters erase last season's disappointment?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:

Alabama: Quarterback play will be key. Jake Coker will be the favorite to win the job, but Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell and Blake Barnett will all make their case for the job.

Auburn: Nick Marshall and Cameron Artis-Payne will need to be replaced.

Baylor: Will Seth Russell prove to be an adequate replacement for Bryce Petty?

Clemson: Will Deshaun Watson be healthy enough?

Georgia: Can nick Chub carry the load?

Ohio State: Who will lead the Nations best returning team?

Oregon: Vernon Adams' transfer from Eastern Washington looms large. Can he lead the Ducks to the

promised land or will he even win the QB job

USC: Cody Kessler could be the Nation's best QB.

TCU: Just how good are the Horned Frogs?

This just doesn't sound right..:L

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama, Oregon, ohio state and tcu is who I see making it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama, Oregon, ohio state and tcu is who I see making it.

As a Buckeye fan I hate being the favorites all of the sudden. Let's see how they do with the expectations at an all time high. Bama has done well over the last few years I think the Bucks will do the same.

I like tOSU, TCU ( but I think they may lose at some point, possibly Okie State). Oregon should make it. I kind of like Georgia.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Buckeye fan I hate being the favorites all of the sudden. Let's see how they do with the expectations at an all time high. Bama has done well over the last few years I think the Bucks will do the same.

I like tOSU, TCU ( but I think they may lose at some point, possibly Okie State). Oregon should make it. I kind of like Georgia.

It's not easy being the champ.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St was counted out twice last year. Not sure you could make a list like this and not include at least 20 teams

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:

Alabama: Quarterback play will be key. Yep but the Bammers will have him as a heisman finalist by fall.

Auburn: Nick Marshall and Cameron Artis-Payne will need to be replaced. Done we're good

Georgia: Can Nick Chub carry the load? Richt kills the kid this season by running him too much

Ohio State: Who will lead the Nations best returning team? Don't think it matters they are all good

Oregon: Vernon Adams' transfer from Eastern Washington looms large. Can he lead the Ducks to the promised land or will he even win the QB job? QB wasn't you're problem last year

TCU: Just how good are the Horned Frogs? Everyone will be gunning for them this year very different being the hunted than the hunter

NO

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia gon Clemson

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh they're the favorites. Clearly they're the favorites. They're loaded, return a lot, and are coached by Urban Meyer. Plus they play an easy schedule (for a Power 5) in an easy conference (again for a Power 5). Those are all the ultimate ingredients for big time success.

That train was rolling late last season. Both lines, particularly the offensive line was straight up dominating fools in the playoffs. And that's not easy to do considering the competition, but they made it look easy. Look at what they did to Bama who no one except for Ohio State could really run on at all last year.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO! Clemson. They lost their ENTIRE DEFENSE! No chance they make it. Even with Watson.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they're the favorites. Clearly they're the favorites. They're loaded, return a lot, and are coached by Urban Meyer. Plus they play an easy schedule (for a Power 5) in an easy conference (again for a Power 5). Those are all the ultimate ingredients for big time success.

That train was rolling late last season. Both lines, particularly the offensive line was straight up dominating fools in the playoffs. And that's not easy to do considering the competition, but they made it look easy. Look at what they did to Bama who no one except for Ohio State could really run on at all last year.

Just not as easy as the B12 and TCU and Bayor.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St was counted out twice last year. Not sure you could make a list like this and not include at least 20 teams

Sorry, Missouri isn't a contender.

They played what? Two ranked teams and lost by a combined 76-13??

Last edited by a moderator:

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unimaginable... utterly improbable... not happening... This is what the pundits will be saying as the Tennessee Volunteers play well beyond their assessed capabilities to win the whole fucking thing. Rocky Top will echo in your ears. Prepare for it.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unimaginable... utterly improbable... not happening... This is what the pundits will be saying as the Tennessee Volunteers play well beyond their assessed capabilities to win the whole fucking thing. Rocky Top will echo in your ears. Prepare for it.

Who knows, after they beat OU in Knoxville anything could happen...

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU can get a QB, they belong on the list. Not sold on Clemson, and I've lost any faith that Georgia can't not blow a couple games. MSU should be here, I believe Connor Cook is returning and the defense will be good, need to develop some receivers.