• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10/26/17 - Indians Steal Red Sox Pitching Coach

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Indians organization and fans dumbfounded that 22 game win streak does not guarantee trip to World Series. Seek solace from 2002 Oakland A's.

False. I thought that heading into the postseason, the Indians, Yankees and Astros were all very evenly matched.

I did read an article (not written by a Cleveland guy) saying that regardless of what happens (article predated ALDS), Indians fans should understand the historical significance of the 22-game streak. His thought was that the 22-game streak is more impressive than a championship, and he pointed to the fact that every year there is a champion, but there is only one team in the history of the game to have a 22-game winning streak.

I thought that was interesting, and it felt good while I was reading it, but who the fuck am I kidding? I'd trade the streak, my middle and left testicles, Lebron James' very existence and one of Dirt's kids for a championship.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why the Indians are "WATCHING" the WOrld Series and not playing in it.

Oh wait a minute....That "Worlds Greatest Pitching Staff" couldn't beat the Wild Card Yankees.......

Try not to be a dumb fuck, Ken. Okay?

Yankees were a much better team than the Red Sox. Should have won the division, but baseball.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox have had one of the best staffs in the AL over the last two years. Not sure how much of that could be attributed to Willis alone, but I think you can say he played a role.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox have had one of the best staffs in the AL over the last two years. Not sure how much of that could be attributed to Willis alone, but I think you can say he played a role.

Yeah, Willis is good. He used to be with the Indians. Was the pitching coach in 2005 when they had the best team ERA in the AL, and mentored Sabathia and Lee when they won their CYs.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. I thought that heading into the postseason, the Indians, Yankees and Astros were all very evenly matched.

I did read an article (not written by a Cleveland guy) saying that regardless of what happens (article predated ALDS), Indians fans should understand the historical significance of the 22-game streak. His thought was that the 22-game streak is more impressive than a championship, and he pointed to the fact that every year there is a champion, but there is only two teams in the history of the game to have a 22-game winning streak.

I thought that was interesting, and it felt good while I was reading it, but who the fuck am I kidding? I'd trade the streak, my middle and left testicles, Lebron James' very existence and one of Dirt's kids for a championship.
Fixed it

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the rest of the Sox coaching staff told to start looking for alternate employment or start kissing Cora's ass.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was that tie, but I don't want to get into that whole debate again.

Plenty of qualifiers I could use... "Only team over the last 101 years." "Only team that played away games."
I like those qualifiers more. I can tell you, being the only team to go 16-0 feels like a kick in the nuts compared to winning any of the 5 championships. I will never look back on that with any sort of pleasure.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the rest of the Sox coaching staff told to start looking for alternate employment or start kissing Cora's ass.
I was wondering if Brian Bannister was going to get the pitching coach job.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees were a much better team than the Red Sox. Should have won the division, but baseball.

You're the one who called the Indians pitching staff the Greatest in the World.......I just stated a fact. The Yankees were the Wild Card and the Indians couldn't beat them.

Your statement has nothing whatsoever to do with whether the Red Sox should have won the division, the fact is that they did.......and by 5 games. The Yankees and Red Sox places at the end of the season are irrelevant. The Indians couldn't beat the Yankees with the World's Greatest Pitching Staff.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros bullpen better built for WS than Dodgers bullpen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butterfield is also gone...

Welp... Now the Red Sox won't get so many players thrown out at home at least

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Butterfield but not Davis

I won't miss his sends to home plate (there were times where Windmill Wendell paled in comparison to Butter), but he seems to be highly thought of for his work with the infielders and as a clubhouse presence.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't miss his sends to home plate (there were times where Windmill Wendell paled in comparison to Butter), but he seems to be highly thought of for his work with the infielders and as a clubhouse presence.

That is true he did seem to have the clubhouse respect... Not sure who was worse him or Wendell

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true he did seem to have the clubhouse respect... Not sure who was worse him or Wendell

It does feel like quite a few those guys were out at the plate by a few yards too. That being said, the overall baserunning of the team was fine and aggressive baserunning is probably the correct strategy for a team lacking power.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like quite a few those guys were out at the plate by a few yards too. That being said, the overall baserunning of the team was fine and aggressive baserunning is probably the correct strategy for a team lacking power.

not sending them home when the outfielder has the ball in his hand halfway to the infield or the shortstop has the ball

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who called the Indians pitching staff the Greatest in the World.......I just stated a fact. The Yankees were the Wild Card and the Indians couldn't beat them.

Your statement has nothing whatsoever to do with whether the Red Sox should have won the division, the fact is that they did.......and by 5 games. The Yankees and Red Sox places at the end of the season are irrelevant. The Indians couldn't beat the Yankees with the World's Greatest Pitching Staff.

Are you ESL, Ken?