• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought they played pretty well today. One of their most physical games of the season. Goals were flukey, but they earned them. Rittich had quite a few great saves that kept those ones off the board.

Then Simmonds just opts out of back checking..

Then JvR puts in 80% of the back check then opts out the last 10 feet when he could’ve made a difference.

Can’t win games with efforts like that. This one is on those two players and nobody else.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought they played pretty well today. One of their most physical games of the season. Goals were flukey, but they earned them. Rittich had quite a few great saves that kept those ones off the board.

Then JvR puts in 80% of the back check then opts out the last 10 feet when he could’ve made a difference.

Can’t win games with efforts like that. This one is on those two players and nobody else.

Not 100% in agreement on JvR but do agree with everything else. I thought JvR was just out of gas and frankly...he isn't that fast anymore....

It was a much better team effort, but again, the Calgary goals are all the direct result of the Flyers allowing shots from high danger zones. The Tkachuk goal was the direct result of a player being left alone in a high danger zone and allowed to take a shot.

Hart really looked good, tracked the puck well, generally good rebound control.

OMG they need a capable NHL defenseman. Not to sit one of the kids, but instead of Frolin or Gudas or both. Provorov looks like he is getting his game back together.

It would be nice if the "talented offensive core" showed up.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT NO ONE HAS FUCKING COMMENTED IN HOW MANY HOUSE?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting
I have no memory of making that post at all.
Hmmmm

As for why I actually logged in and what I was hoping to point out, After rewatching the overtime a couple of times...I do agree that JvR seemed to pull up on his back check.

Also, WTF was Ghost doing? He managed to not deny the pass and make Hart play both the shot and the pass.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting
Hmmmm

As for why I actually logged in and what I was hoping to point out, After rewatching the overtime a couple of times...I do agree that JvR seemed to pull up on his back check.

Also, WTF was Ghost doing? He managed to not deny the pass and make Hart play both the shot and the pass.
JvR is a lazy hack!
Ghost should be tried at a wing position cause he is def not suited to be a NHL Dman.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mike McKenna is our fucking savior?

This comes across as a tank move to me.Flethcher couldn't find any team to deal with for a more experienced goalie?

For Christs sake-get on the horn and trade most of these play for pay guys.

Most of us,on this board,have more fucking hockey sense than the shaved monkeys running the show.

This years team has regressed so fucking far back,they should be relegated to junior hockey.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This comes across as a tank move to me.Flethcher couldn't find any team to deal with for a more experienced goalie?

Most of us,on this board,have more fucking hockey sense than the shaved monkeys running the show.

This years team has regressed so fucking far back,they should be relegated to junior hockey.
Pretty sure he is just a cheap stop gap since we have no healthy ones, Simmonds and probably a couple others will be gone soon and hoping we go get what we need on the FA market.:hope:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is 100% on the money but i really have to put this one on the coach. There is no way JVR can play when it's open ice out there and has no business ever playing in OT. He is no where near fast or skilled enough to play 3 on 3 why would they put him on the ice in that situation?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting
Hmmmm

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how far we have fallen as a team and an organization in the last 7 years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we got a point and stayed out of the worst position in the league. We are 1 point ahead of the Sens.
#LoseForHughes or Kakko!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindblom has put up zero stats for months now. Is there any reason why he isn't back in the minors for more seasoning?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Patrick with 11 points half way through the season.Is this kid going to pan out or his he brittle an injury prone?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% on the money but i really have to put this one on the coach. There is no way JVR can play when it's open ice out there and has no business ever playing in OT. He is no where near fast or skilled enough to play 3 on 3 why would they put him on the ice in that situation?

I thought about that too. He's not my preferred guy out there either. He's just not quick enough. But..

Giroux-Voracek-Provorov started.
Couturier-Konecny-Ghost took the second shift.
Weal-JvR-Ghost were on for the goal against. Not sure if Ghost was supposed to have changed by then or not.

The choices after Giroux/Voracek and Couturier/Konecny aren't cut and dry. Assuming you have to have a C out there, it's Patrick or Weal. Then at wing you're looking at JvR/Simmonds/Weise/Lindblom/Laughton. They really don't have a great option. The way they're playing now, I think Weal is the better choice. Laughton I guess would be my preferred on the wing there though, but I'm not ecstatic about any of those choices at 3 on 3. JvR/Simmonds/Lindblom are probably all too slow. Weise is just not talented. And Laughton isn't exactly a major threat to score, plus Laughton might be your '4C' forward pairing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Flyers Gameday: 1/7/19 vs. STL; Flyers at Midpoint: Inside the Numbers

Two notable stats from Bill today that reaffirm my belief that this team is not that far off, just having a really rough season to date.

From an analytics standpoint, as tracked by NaturalStatTrick.com, the team ranks 8th in total scoring chances

From a purely statistical standpoint, the Flyers have yielded the second-fewest scoring chances of any team in the NHL this season and the third-fewest scoring chances from high-danger areas of the ice.

A team 8th in scoring chances for and 2nd in scoring chances allowed, really should not be 30th in the league in points.

The problem is, they have the 30th ranked goal/scoring chance rate and the 31st ranked goal against/scoring chance rate. No finish and no saves.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Flyers Gameday: 1/7/19 vs. STL; Flyers at Midpoint: Inside the Numbers

Two notable stats from Bill today that reaffirm my belief that this team is not that far off, just having a really rough season to date.

A team 8th in scoring chances for and 2nd in scoring chances allowed, really should not be 30th in the league in points.

The problem is, they have the 30th ranked goal/scoring chance rate and the 31st ranked goal against/scoring chance rate. No finish and no saves.
I would think most teams in the top half of goal/scoring are in that spot because they score goals in close where as we are not big enough or passionate enough to battle in front nor fast enough to beat defenders constantly to get the in close opportunities. We also have a perimeter oriented PP where most of our shots come from the point.

Last edited: