• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect at some point today @lasgop8 will be storming his frustration about the Flyers and the draft. I admit I may agree with him if he does. I know it's still early, but I have not read any news about Hextall and his approach into FA. The draft was fine. We won't know about any of these prospects for about 3-5 years more than likely. Any update in regard to Wayne Train extension?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA Targets by awaz

1. Stastny
2. JvR
3. Riley Nash
4. Grabner
5. Perron
6. Neal

I have a real sinking feeling that Hextall isn't going to do anything that big though

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really hoping for a deal that brought in some help for this season. Not going to lie, leaves me a little disappointed in the draft.

I do like the Farabee pick, though I was let down by NYI taking Dobson and Wahlstrom right before (Metlzer seemed pretty positive Dallas was taking a C).

O'Brien seems like a fine pick. Will be curious to see how he does at Providence this season.

Other than that, not overly excited for anyone the Flyers picked.
Im happy with the Farabee pick but the OBrien pick at 19 was ridiculous. Some scouts had him ranked 74th best prospect. Pretty pissed that Hexy sat back with Wahstrom still available at 10 in which Edmonton was willing to deal that pick. Everyone now has the Isles as one of the top teams in the draft and the Flyers no where to be seen in the winners side of the evaluations.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA Targets by awaz

1. Stastny
2. JvR
3. Riley Nash
4. Grabner
5. Perron
6. Neal

I have a real sinking feeling that Hextall isn't going to do anything that big though
As much as I hated Neal playing on the Pens, I would be ok with him on the FLyers. My top choice would be as follow: 1) Stastny
2) Neal
3) Grabner

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect at some point today @lasgop8 will be storming his frustration about the Flyers and the draft. I admit I may agree with him if he does. I know it's still early, but I have not read any news about Hextall and his approach into FA. The draft was fine. We won't know about any of these prospects for about 3-5 years more than likely. Any update in regard to Wayne Train extension?
Hexy better have an alternate plan as the draft was a bust. He reached so far with the 19th pick. he better get some free agents signed in a hurry

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy with the Farabee pick but the OBrien pick at 19 was ridiculous. Some scouts had him ranked 74th best prospect. Pretty pissed that Hexy sat back with Wahstrom still available at 10 in which Edmonton was willing to deal that pick. Everyone now has the Isles as one of the top teams in the draft and the Flyers no where to be seen in the winners side of the evaluations.
And here we go! Morning sir.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hexy better have an alternate plan as the draft was a bust. He reached so far with the 19th pick. he better get some free agents signed in a hurry
I agree with the OBrien pick at 19. However, some believe a team was going to take him around that spot regardless. His ceiling is pretty high apparently. If he hits his potential and becomes a star at some point, Hextall will look like a genius. Draft picks are just a crap shoot. Some pan out and some don't. You better nail it though if you are picking in the top 10 imo. Ask the Sixers how the #1 overall pick last year Markelle Fultz is panning out? They are already giving up on him and he is on the trade block from reading various articles.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the OBrien pick at 19. However, some believe a team was going to take him around that spot regardless. His ceiling is pretty high apparently. If he hits his potential and becomes a star at some point, Hextall will look like a genius. Draft picks are just a crap shoot. Some pan out and some don't. You better nail it though if you are picking in the top 10 imo. Ask the Sixers how the #1 overall pick last year Markelle Fultz is panning out? They are already giving up on him and he is on the trade block from reading various articles.
Exactly my point ive been saying since Panarin went on the block. Use the picks to get him. Hes not a crap shoot hes a proven player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, OBrien pick is certainly an eyebrow raiser. I don't hate swinging for the fences with that pick though. Frost was a similar type pick and he had a good Draft+1 year. The profile below projected him in the 30s. (and is an encouraging profile of him)

2018 NHL Draft prospect profile: Jay O'Brien — A star high school centre

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers
Grade: A-

The hits keep on coming for the Flyers and GM Ron Hextall, who came into the weekend already owning the league’s best pool of prospects. It doesn’t seem fair that he added a three-zone assassin like winger Joel Farabee (14th) and speed demon Jay O’Brien (19th) — two highly-skilled American kids with star potential who will marinate in college for another two or three years. They took a pair of punishing defenders in Sweden’s Adam Ginning (50th) and overager Jack St. Ivany (112th), but it’s cerebral two-way defenseman Wyatte Wylie (127th) who could become the best of the bunch. A Flyers’ draft just isn’t a Flyers’ draft without them taking a goalie, and Hextall dipped once again into Sweden’s talent pool to take netminder Samuel Ersson (143rd). They got great value with their later-round picks with playmaking NTDPer Gavin Hain (174th) and aggressive two-way center Marcus Westfalt (205) – two players ranked in my top-150. Philadelphia, however, was yet another team that opted to not draft a pure puck-moving defenseman.

NHL Draft grades 2018: Islanders, Red Wings earn full marks; Rangers tank

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers
Grade: A-

The hits keep on coming for the Flyers and GM Ron Hextall, who came into the weekend already owning the league’s best pool of prospects. It doesn’t seem fair that he added a three-zone assassin like winger Joel Farabee (14th) and speed demon Jay O’Brien (19th) — two highly-skilled American kids with star potential who will marinate in college for another two or three years. They took a pair of punishing defenders in Sweden’s Adam Ginning (50th) and overager Jack St. Ivany (112th), but it’s cerebral two-way defenseman Wyatte Wylie (127th) who could become the best of the bunch. A Flyers’ draft just isn’t a Flyers’ draft without them taking a goalie, and Hextall dipped once again into Sweden’s talent pool to take netminder Samuel Ersson (143rd). They got great value with their later-round picks with playmaking NTDPer Gavin Hain (174th) and aggressive two-way center Marcus Westfalt (205) – two players ranked in my top-150. Philadelphia, however, was yet another team that opted to not draft a pure puck-moving defenseman.

NHL Draft grades 2018: Islanders, Red Wings earn full marks; Rangers tank
Philadelphia Flyers: B
The Flyers may have reached for their second first-round pick, Jay O'Brien, but there are some who think he might be the steal of the back half of the first. For them to come away with two quality forwards is a plus by itself.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well That was a crappy draft IMO, Hope Hexy still has something up his sleeve, I don't see anyone out there I would be overly interested in, Maybe Stastny to replace Filpulla?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you guys think is still out there Defense wise or offensively wise that could really help us and push us to the goal of getting to the finals or possibly the cup? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well That was a crappy draft IMO, Hope Hexy still has something up his sleeve, I don't see anyone out there I would be overly interested in, Maybe Stastny to replace Filpulla?

Oh, here we go. Chris and Las hold hands while jerking off with each other's tears at the thought of this "crappy draft."

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you guys think is still out there Defense wise or offensively wise that could really help us and push us to the goal of getting to the finals or possibly the cup? I'd like to hear some opinions.

I think they need a goal scoring winger, and a 3C. My preference is that they bring offense, but if they don't I want them to be capable at 5 on 5 and a PK'er. This is my list. I would like two of them, a winger and a center.

1. Stastny
2. JvR
3. Riley Nash
4. Grabner
5. Perron
6. Neal

Hextall doesn't seem to want to go with a big term though, so I think that rules out Stastny and JvR.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need a goal scoring winger, and a 3C. My preference is that they bring offense, but if they don't I want them to be capable at 5 on 5 and a PK'er. This is my list. I would like two of them, a winger and a center.

1. Stastny
2. JvR
3. Riley Nash
4. Grabner
5. Perron
6. Neal

Hextall doesn't seem to want to go with a big term though, so I think that rules out Stastny and JvR.
We could really use a guy like Grabner as our penalty kill was atrocious last year.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only note I have on this, I think sandstrom will play one more year in Sweden. Not 100% on that though.
Looks like you are correct. I didn't want to post the who;e article, but her is a paragraph.

Sandstrom is signed for one more season in the SHL, with HV71. In theory, the Flyers could have a Hart-Sandstrom tandem in the AHL next season, but that’s unrealistic. He's likely headed back to Sweden.