• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR is on fire!! How does this make you feel @lasgop8 ? :dhd:

On another note, we will be reliving the Blizzard of '77, forty two years ago. And I have to be out there in sub zero weather. Ugh!! I'm thinking I may be getting some nice OT. My guess NYS Thruway will be shut down, exception to us first responders.
I'm not sure I would say he is on fire, He has been more the beneficiary of being on the top line and it's helping, but he is still not a top line player IMO, If he played like that all year long he'd have close to 30 goals right now. It's good to see him actually doing something offensevly though.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On another note, we will be reliving the Blizzard of '77, forty two years ago. And I have to be out there in sub zero weather. Ugh!! I'm thinking I may be getting some nice OT. My guess NYS Thruway will be shut down, exception to us first responders.
I thought you guys just slept in parking lots until you get a call?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would say he is on fire, He has been more the beneficiary of being on the top line and it's helping, but he is still not a top line player IMO, If he played like that all year long he'd have close to 30 goals right now. It's good to see him actually doing something offensevly though.

Heh. You guys kill me. He's got his up and downs, we recognize his limitations, the least you can do is recognize when he's playing well. He's the hottest goal scorer in the NHL over the past couple weeks.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hottest Flyers affiliated player though?

Kirill Ustimenko would like to submit his resume. 7-2-0 with a .960 sv% and 5 shutouts in January. (Playing in the MHL, Russian minor league)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a great article on Jack Hughes on CSNPhilly.com, recommend reading it. Man I'm all about getting this kid. Whoever gets him, they will a great center for years to come. For me, it's his much needed speed and skill set that I think we really need. Can only imagine adding his talent with G and Patrick on our team. I can only dream. Can this be out year of getting the first pick? We shall see? I'm another note, fuck the Sens and Avs.
Dont get your hopes up. We got extremely lucky to jump to the number 2 spot in the 2017 draft i dont think it will hqappen again unles we tank #

Perfect example that we have seen over the years of anyone can score playing on the left side of Gee. Its at the expense of Jake as his points have dried up. You'd have to ask Jake how he feels. Varone probably nets 20 on that wing

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. You guys kill me. He's got his up and downs, we recognize his limitations, the least you can do is recognize when he's playing well. He's the hottest goal scorer in the NHL over the past couple weeks.
Last nights goal is a perfect example of how stats can fool you AWAZ. He wasn't back checking was the last one up the ice and was the beneficiary of a bad pass back to the defenseman. Its a shame when a player gets lauded for half ass play.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example that we have seen over the years of anyone can score playing on the left side of Gee. Its at the expense of Jake as his points have dried up. You'd have to ask Jake how he feels. Varone probably nets 20 on that wing

Ya but G is a loser and we should trade him. So it doesn't matter. :doh:

Last nights goal is a perfect example of how stats can fool you AWAZ. He wasn't back checking was the last one up the ice and was the beneficiary of a bad pass back to the defenseman. Its a shame when a player gets lauded for half ass play.

I'm not fooled. The Flyers have won 5 of 6 and JvR has scored or assisted on 40% of their goals over that stretch. Take those goals out and the Flyers go from outscoring their opponents 23-14 over that stretch to 16-14. You think they still win 5 of 6? He's factoring in to them being on a good run. Period. I honestly don't give two shits what he does with the rest of his shifts if he's producing at that level and I'm sure the Flyers don't either. Because they're winning and that's what's important.

And as for benefitting from a bad pass, he's still in the right place. He still makes the right pass. And he still goes to the right place to finish the goal. You act like all his goals are a benefit of someone else's work. If that's all you had to do to make the NHL and score goals, we would be in the NHL scoring goals. JvR goes to the right places and does the right things to score goals. That's why he scores so many. If anyone could do that, they would. But the truth is, they don't, because JvR is a better goal scorer than them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but G is a loser and we should trade him. So it doesn't matter. :doh:

I'm not fooled. The Flyers have won 5 of 6 and JvR has scored or assisted on 40% of their goals over that stretch. Take those goals out and the Flyers go from outscoring their opponents 23-14 over that stretch to 16-14. You think they still win 5 of 6? He's factoring in to them being on a good run. Period. I honestly don't give two shits what he does with the rest of his shifts if he's producing at that level and I'm sure the Flyers don't either. Because they're winning and that's what's important.

And as for benefitting from a bad pass, he's still in the right place. He still makes the right pass. And he still goes to the right place to finish the goal. You act like all his goals are a benefit of someone else's work. If that's all you had to do to make the NHL and score goals, we would be in the NHL scoring goals. JvR goes to the right places and does the right things to score goals. That's why he scores so many. If anyone could do that, they would. But the truth is, they don't, because JvR is a better goal scorer than them.
Gee is a loser what has he ever won? As i have said ALL along HELL Yes we should him as his value is never going to be higher and is the one player we wouldn't be trading at his lowest point.

Yes they are on a good run and JVR has assisted or scored on 40% of their goals but if you put Jake Raffl Varone Weise in that spot we'd be talking about their stats. Not to mention that all of his goals the other 4 players skate and bust their ass to get the puck and shoot and he just stands their and tips the puck in. We have Simmer to do that except he skates and busts his ass instead of just standing around waiting for the other player to get the puck and we are letting him go.

As far as you saying he was in the right place on last nights goal is just ludacris. A player not back checking on a opposition rush and being the last player up the ice is never in the right place. So im just going to laugh that one off.:pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you want to talk about a real player who is in the right place all the time please lets talk about Carter Hart. Another tremendous game he deserves all the accolades that come his way. :clap:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee is a loser what has he ever won? As i have said ALL along HELL Yes we should him as his value is never going to be higher and is the one player we wouldn't be trading at his lowest point.

Yes they are on a good run and JVR has assisted or scored on 40% of their goals but if you put Jake Raffl Varone Weise in that spot we'd be talking about their stats. Not to mention that all of his goals the other 4 players skate and bust their ass to get the puck and shoot and he just stands their and tips the puck in. We have Simmer to do that except he skates and busts his ass instead of just standing around waiting for the other player to get the puck and we are letting him go.

As far as you saying he was in the right place on last nights goal is just ludacris. A player not back checking on a opposition rush and being the last player up the ice is never in the right place. So im just going to laugh that one off.:pound:

And now hitting your other favorite topic! On a roll today. You say this as if it's fact! We don't know that.

And stats would argue otherwise given JvR's production with other linemates vs what Raffl, Varone, and Weise have done with other linemates. (I'm excluding Jake because he's legitimately good offensive player, like JvR. He would, and has, put up similar runs)

And lastly, how many times have we put Simmer with G at 5 on 5 and watched him do jack shit? Countless. We've been trying to put Simmer with G since he was a 'no brainer' replacement for Hartnell. Almost 5 years ago.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now hitting your other favorite topic! On a roll today. You say this as if it's fact! We don't know that.

And stats would argue otherwise given JvR's production with other linemates vs what Raffl, Varone, and Weise have done with other linemates. (I'm excluding Jake because he's legitimately good offensive player, like JvR. He would, and has, put up similar runs)

And lastly, how many times have we put Simmer with G at 5 on 5 and watched him do jack shit? Countless. We've been trying to put Simmer with G since he was a 'no brainer' replacement for Hartnell. Almost 5 years ago.
Of course we know its a fact we have seen Raffl and Jake and other players go to that wing on Gee line and their stats have gone way up. Its been talked about countless times on this board.

Simmer has played on Gees wing as a regular for weeks at a time? That has never happened. Maybe if he just did nothing else besides stand in front of the net and tip pucks in he would stick on the wing. I love how Simmonds pretty much getting faulted for being a better all around player.

Id also just like to point out Simmonds 241 career goals JVR only 214

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K
Hey I can give him some credit, it's just that now it doesn't matter but hope it carrys over to next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K

Hey I can give him some credit, it's just that now it doesn't matter but hope it carrys over to next year.
This is true for everyone as we are on our annual 12 to 15 game streak that dupes us into thinking this team is good and we keep the same players again only to be disappointed again next year.

Id like to know how many back up goalies weve faced during this streak

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we know its a fact we have seen Raffl and Jake and other players go to that wing on Gee line and their stats have gone way up. Its been talked about countless times on this board.

Simmer has played on Gees wing as a regular for weeks at a time? That has never happened. Maybe if he just did nothing else besides stand in front of the net and tip pucks in he would stick on the wing. I love how Simmonds pretty much getting faulted for being a better all around player.

Id also just like to point out Simmonds 241 career goals JVR only 214

Simmonds 241 goals in 811 games. 24 goals/season pace
JvR 214 goals in 642 games. 27 goals/season pace

Good try.

And to really dig in to the stats. Since 2007, so we include JvR's first run with the Flyers to get a bigger sample size (and when he was SO terrible).

When Giroux/Simmonds play together at 5 on 5
TOI: 1701 minutes
Goals For: 67
Goals against: 78
Net: -11

When Giroux/JvR play together at 5 on 5
TOI: 946 minutes
Goals For: 51
Goals against: 43
Net: +8

And a bonus, when Giroux/Raffl play together at 5 on 5
TOI:1748 minutes
Goals For: 74
Goals Against: 68
Net: +6

And if we do the math with their +/- rate, and get the equivalent TOI (using Raffls), JvR would be best at +15, Raffl would be next at +6, Simmonds would be last at -11. And I think we can all agree it's not worth it to do the math on Varone, Weiss, and other 2nd rate hockey players that you listed.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds 241 goals in 811 games. 24 goals/season pace
JvR 214 goals in 642 games. 27 goals/season pace

Good try.

And to really dig in to the stats. Since 2007, so we include JvR's first run with the Flyers to get a bigger sample size (and when he was SO terrible).

When Giroux/Simmonds play together at 5 on 5
TOI: 1701 minutes
Goals For: 67
Goals against: 78
Net: -11

When Giroux/JvR play together at 5 on 5
TOI: 946 minutes
Goals For: 51
Goals against: 43
Net: +8

And a bonus, when Giroux/Raffl play together at 5 on 5
TOI:1748 minutes
Goals For: 74
Goals Against: 68
Net: +6

And if we do the math with their +/- rate, and get the equivalent TOI (using Raffls), JvR would be best at +15, Raffl would be next at +6, Simmonds would be last at -11. And I think we can all agree it's not worth it to do the math on Varone, Weiss, and other 2nd rate hockey players that you listed.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick
These are great stats and all except can you reprint them when JVR reaches 1700 mark like the others. A very small sample to go by against back up goalies in a meaningless season isnt very fair to any one else.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are great stats and all except can you reprint them when JVR reaches 1700 mark like the others. A very small sample to go by against back up goalies in a meaningless season isnt very fair to any one else.
I also noticed there are no BS checks and a stats that wont be there is sticking up for teamates. Strides taken would be another stat to be correct because unlike JVR they other player dont just stand around waiting for Gee and other said line mate to go get the puck they actually move away from the net to go and get the puck.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the name of transparency, Voracek/Giroux
TOI: 4034 minutes
GF: 186
Net: +32

Extrapolating Giroux/Jvr numbers to 4034 minutes.. +34.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also noticed there are no BS checks and a stats that wont be there is sticking up for teamates. Strides taken would be another stat to be correct because unlike JVR they other player dont just stand around waiting for Gee and other said line mate to go get the puck they actually move away from the net to go and get the puck.

When have I ever argued that JvR back checks or blocks shots like anyone else? I never have.

The fact is, the Flyers outscore the other teams when he's on the ice by and large. If you want to count 900+ minutes of playing hockey together (375 of it was when Giroux/JvR were young players with half the talent they have now) as a small sample size, that's your prerogative.

To win hockey games you have to outscore the other team. Hits, blocked shots, heart, sticking up for your teammates, any other garbage you want to point to is just that, garbage. Want to win a hockey game? Score more goals than the other team.

And GTFO here with the 'back up goalies' comment. You really think over 642 career games JvR has somehow managed to play more backup goalies or put up more production against back up goalies? Back that shit up with something concrete before you start spewing that. Come on man, that's nonsense reaching for something when every concrete stat isn't in your favor. Reach more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I ever argued that JvR back checks or blocks shots like anyone else? I never have.

The fact is, the Flyers outscore the other teams when he's on the ice by and large. If you want to count 900+ minutes of playing hockey together (375 of it was when Giroux/JvR were young players with half the talent they have now) as a small sample size, that's your prerogative.

To win hockey games you have to outscore the other team. Hits, blocked shots, heart, sticking up for your teammates, any other garbage you want to point to is just that, garbage. Want to win a hockey game? Score more goals than the other team.
You have never argued that JVR back checks or block shots but you failed add those types of stats which is actual hockey not fantasy hockey.

You say to win hockey you have to outscore the other teams which is true. So since we have lost badly and have a terrible record with all of these players including Giroux that makes a good point to trade him and all the others that have been on this team for the last 7 years.