• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson shrinks from the light when he is the man. He does well as the second banana ala Scottie Pippin. He gets nervous when he is on the spot. No Curry = no title.

Have some faith. They stepped up in the 2nd half of the Rockets game. Kerr needs to put on his thinking cap and they need to ride it out if possible until Curry's back on the floor.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a slightly above average team without Curry and if you think they are better than The Clippers, Thunder and Spurs without Curry you are delusional.

Who is saying that? Also it would be a pretty competitive series vs clips actually if they were healthy. You act like Livingston isn't on the team

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Max Kellerman saying that Curry got hurt because the Dubs pushed him too hard in order to get 73 wins.

Lol that is so not true. Steph slipped on a wet spot. How does that have to do anything with "being pushed to hard" this team is to deep to be pushed to hard lol c'mon man

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP breaks hand, this keeps getting crazier

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP breaks hand, this keeps getting crazier

These last couple of days, being an NBA point guard is just as dangerous as being an NFL QB. Actually, it's more dangerous being an NBA PG since the defense can hardly touch QB's these days.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake is likely out too. Warriors may face Portland in Round 2.

What a crazy couple of days! Yesterday, Warriors fans were hoping that Portland can step up against the better team and push the Clippers to a 7 game series. Now I'm hoping that the Clips can keep this competitive and keep this series going.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how much the tides have turned back in favor of the Warriors after everything looked so dismal yesterday.

Assuming CP3 is done for the playoffs... the only true contenders in the west are now SAS, OKC, and GSW. SAS and OKC have to go through each other. Meanwhile GSW gets either the Blazers or the CP3-less Clippers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul breaks hand and Griffin re-injures quad. It goes the Dubs way again, you can write this shit out. They most likely wouldn't even need Curry to beat the Blazers, especially if they play the Clips without those two. Reminds me of last year, when players starting getting injured on the other teams. The Blazers are playing good but they just wouldn't have enough to beat the Warriors even without Curry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how much the tides have turned back in favor of the Warriors after everything looked so dismal yesterday.

Assuming CP3 is done for the playoffs... the only true contenders in the west are now SAS, OKC, and GSW. SAS and OKC have to go through each other. Meanwhile GSW gets either the Blazers or the CP3-less Clippers.

Yep, the only true test would be the winner of OKC-SAS if those teams stay healthy and who knows.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the only true test would be the winner of OKC-SAS if those teams stay healthy and who knows.
thats cool though....i want to see a GSW series vs. either SAS or OKC....hopefully by then Curry will be mostly healthy- but its highly doubtful he will be 100% before the offseason. Can GSW go through the Spurs/OKC and probably Cleveland to win a title if Curry is not 100%? that should be interesting...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul breaks hand and Griffin re-injures quad. It goes the Dubs way again, you can write this shit out. They most likely wouldn't even need Curry to beat the Blazers, especially if they play the Clips without those two. Reminds me of last year, when players starting getting injured on the other teams. The Blazers are playing good but they just wouldn't have enough to beat the Warriors even without Curry.

Yeah, I'm sure if Kerr were writing a script he'd have Curry out for 2 weeks+ early in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure if Kerr were writing a script he'd have Curry out for 2 weeks+ early in the playoffs.

It won't matter. They don't need Curry vs the Blazers or a Clippers team without Paul and/or Griffin. The fact is things have been falling into place for the Warriors since last year. The big break they get is Curry won't be out longer, Paul broke his hand he is done. The Curry injury isn't anything compared to what the Clippers now face.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't matter. They don't need Curry vs the Blazers or a Clippers team without Paul and/or Griffin. The fact is things have been falling into place for the Warriors since last year. The big break they get is Curry won't be out longer, Paul broke his hand he is done. The Curry injury isn't anything compared to what the Clippers now face.

The Dubs are without their best player right now and have essentially been for the entire playoffs. Curry has played a total of 1 combined game. Also, as Wiggy made mention, Curry's likely not going to be 100% until the offseason as I would bet he can go after 2 weeks, but there will be some limitations.

If this happened to Lebron on the Cavs, that first round series with the Pistons would still be going.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The two weeks to reassess (there's no guarantee that he'll even be cleared to play) is a fucking disaster. Nothing has fallen in place for them. I'm positive the team would have been much happier going forward 100% vs. a 100% whoever they face vs. going forward without a 100% curry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs are without their best player right now and have essentially been for the entire playoffs. Curry has played a total of 1 combined game. Also, as Wiggy made mention, Curry's likely not going to be 100% until the offseason as I would bet he can go after 2 weeks, but there will be some limitations.

If this happened to Lebron on the Cavs, that first round series with the Pistons would still be going.

Exactly. It isn't as big of a loss for the Warriors, but obviously still big. Lebron means more to the Cavs then Curry means to the Warriors, obviously. They have enough depth to take down most of the West without Curry, but the injuries of other teams could make that easier than expected. Hopefully teams can stay healthy and Curry can try to get back to 100%.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think the All-Star ... the "Top 10 NBA Player" ... Draymond Green could carry the Warriors to a title ?

That is one issue I've had with people saying Draymond is a Top 10 NBA player. There is a big difference between being the leader of the team on offense vs. being the 3rd-4th option. I'm not a big James Harden fan, but he can carry a good NBA team on offense ... and I don't think Draymond could do that. If Draymond was on teams like the Wolves or Grizzles or Blazers or Knicks or Lakers (or almost any other NBA team) ... he would still be the 3rd/4th option on offense.