• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit Series Thread

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that call last night I was as deflated as I've ever been watching hockey. Bad Call but the Hawks overcame it. In the locker room in intermission Toews told the team "lets win it 3-1," Go Hawks! To all the Detroit fans on here it was a good series.
I know what you mean the ceap shot on flip that limited the Wings to 2 lines was alomst clinical. As in the Hawks coach sent his hit man out. :lame: The Cheap shot made the Wings only have 2 lines to run all game and broke up the 3rd line which was killng the Hawks. well played. Maybe next time we will take Hossa out or someone else.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean the ceap shot on flip that limited the Wings to 2 lines was alomst clinical. As in the Hawks coach sent his hit man out. :lame: The Cheap shot made the Wings only have 2 lines to run all game and broke up the 3rd line which was killng the Hawks. well played. Maybe next time we will take Hossa out or someone else.

2883932-Oh_he_mad.jpg

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Hawks fans, good series. Sucks balls to see your team choke away a 3-1 series lead, but that's life. Good luck... uhh.. until the Kings series. Sorry guys, I could never ever ever in my life root for the Hawks... but all the posters on this board are cool.

On a side note, what an awful call by Walkom. That would be a lame call in the first game of the season, much less a minute and a half to go of a game seven... just ridiculous. With that out of the way, I must address the mongoloids (haven't seen it on this forum, but I've seen it out there) that keep trumpeting the whole "ref conspiracy, all the calls always go Detroit's way" junk... it was a DOUBLE MINOR. His hands went as soon as he saw the play. That goal was getting whistled off no matter which net it went into... it was a clean hit and there was no retaliation, it wasn't "ZOMG the refs are in the bag", it's "ZOMG the refs are fucking dipshits".

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone ever post on the team forum?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it wasn't "ZOMG the refs are in the bag", it's "ZOMG the refs are fucking dipshits".

Hey, Eddie, the NHLOA should do some serious housecleaning for the best interest of the game; but, they won't do it. They haven't even an iota of interest in anything but themselves and their association being as close to self-rule as they can be, and to be as distant from criticism from the league as they can be - "we'll monitor ourselves philosophy" is left to be the way they like it. They might pay lip service at league meetings about the need to correct this or that, and to do these or those things differently, but they really have no intention to change anything because, for them, status quo is the best deal. Doesn't that seem to be similar to some personnel in a department of a corporation living an existence of making detrimental choices, which affecting the well-being of other departments, while having no one to answer to for any of those critical mistakes. Nice deal for them, if you'd ask me!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasn't "ZOMG the refs are in the bag", it's "ZOMG the refs are fucking dipshits".

Hey, Eddie, the NHLOA should do some serious housecleaning for the best interest of the game; but, they won't do it. They haven't even an iota of interest in anything but themselves and their association being as close to self-rule as they can be, and to be as distant from criticism from the league as they can be - "we'll monitor ourselves philosophy" is left to be the way they like it. They might pay lip service at league meetings about the need to correct this or that, and to do these or those things differently, but they really have no intention to change anything because, for them, status quo is the best deal. Doesn't that seem to be similar to some personnel in a department of a corporation living an existence of making detrimental choices, which affecting the well-being of other departments, while having no one to answer to for any of those critical mistakes. Nice deal for them, if you'd ask me!

Completely agree. Look, I'll be the first to admit it's a tough job, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be an NHL ref. The game moves so fast it's easy to miss things, to make mistakes... but when they constantly make massive blatant errors, incomprehensible decisions (the late call in game 7), or refuse to admit when they are wrong (Brad May goal against the Stars), and nothing ever changes... well, it's time to maybe give them a little accountability.