• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ never got out of the first round in playoffs until Scottie showed up.

You don't have to sell me on Scottie. They were ridiculous on offense and defense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your saying you have to make an all defensive team to be considered "consistent" defensively?

lol.

The all NBA defensive team shows the best defensive players for that year.

Lebrons consistency on D is exactly why he's not been on those teams.

Great players are great because they dominate on both sides of the court.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m5p2fNz.png

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought you were leaving the Chi/Bos thread man..

Dam Kareem played alot of minutes. @trojanfan12 You ever remember Kareem coasting during the regular season? Crying at all?

Sure as hell know the Mailman wasn't crying.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam Kareem played alot of minutes. @trojanfan12 You ever remember Kareem coasting during the regular season? Crying at all?

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...

[showing his nametag]

Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.

[Kareem gets angry]

Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East was actually a quality conference in MJ's day. Unlike now. And those early bulls 84-86 teams were complete balls.

Its amazing MJ could even get them to the playoffs. No one else would have

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...

[showing his nametag]

Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.

[Kareem gets angry]

Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

My favorite is in Fletch when he's dreaming and he's got the big Afro

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East was actually a quality conference in MJ's day. Unlike now. And those early bulls 84-86 teams were complete balls.

Its amazing MJ could even get them to the playoffs. No one else would have

This post is completely false.

In 1986, Jordan did not get them to the playoffs. He only played 18 games because he broke his leg early in the season. A lot of players could have been substituted for MJ and they would have had a better record.

They had a decent roster that included Orlando Woolridge (over 20 per game), George Gervin, Sidney Green, Quentin Daily and a young Charles Oakley and John Paxson who both contributed.

Clearly they would have been better with Jordan for a full season, but your post makes it seem like he carried them which couldn't be more wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 1986, Jordan did not get them to the playoffs. He only played 18 games because he broke his leg early in the season. A lot of players could have been substituted for MJ and they would have had a better record.

They had a decent roster that included Orlando Woolridge (over 20 per game), George Gervin, Sidney Green, Quentin Daily and a young Charles Oakley and John Paxson who both contributed.

Clearly they would have been better with Jordan for a full season, but your post makes it seem like he carried them which couldn't be more wrong.

I thought MJ broke his foot that year?:noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite is in Fletch when he's dreaming and he's got the big Afro

Fletch was 6-9 w/ the afro & 6-5 w/i. He was the Showtime Lakers.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought MJ broke his foot that year?:noidea:

It was his foot. You are correct. He missed 64 games and played light minutes after his return.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his foot. You are correct. He missed 64 games and played light minutes after his return.

When I read your comment that part just sounded odd. I couldn't remember so I looked it up.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole point of the post bonehead was that the East was pretty tough back then and the current eastern conference is pretty weak. Of course you leave that out.

But you don't have any balls because you have me on ignore

image.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, never heard Kareem cry about anything or coast in the regular season.

And look at Wilt's minutes...that's just crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of the post bonehead was that the East was pretty tough back then and the current eastern conference is pretty weak. Of course you leave that out.

But you don't have any balls because you have me on ignore

View attachment 158813

I have you on ignore because you know nothing about basketball and your narrow minded comments bring down the quality of these boards. Reading your posts is a complete waste of time and energy.

now back to ignoring.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have you on ignore because you know nothing about basketball and your narrow minded comments bring down the quality of these boards. Reading your posts is a complete waste of time and energy.

now back to ignoring.

Look at you. "Ignore"

Talk some shit. Back to ignore.

What a pussy. U can't handle the truth son. Keep me on ignore and keep coaching 5th grade girls bball

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

The man watches paint dry for a living

image.gif

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said yesterday before I even saw this graphic... Kareem and Karl are the only ones that really come close to the overall consistency of LeBron. Pretty great company for him to be in, in that regard.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Bulls are our best shot at a Game 7.