• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

“Put a Bear And An Unarmed Cowboy Into A Pit - Know What Would Happen?”

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have plenty of the big old fellas here where I live. We are just in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies in Alberta, Canada. The picture below is from my cousin's trail cam on their farm. Their farm is only about 20 minutes drive to my own family's original homestead. His trail cam caught these two grizzlies, but it also caught some big cats, a whole bunch of black bears and a few wolves. We have no shortage of critters around here.

44898614_2067881766566904_5087045787498577920_n.jpg
Probably not a good idea to go walking around unarmed while in the woods. Which reminds me of the time me and my daughter wanted to hike up to a lake a couple of miles off the road. Beware of bear signs everywhere and below them a sign that said no guns allowed. WTF ? I didn't have a rifle or a pistol, but I sure as hell would of carried one if I had it. My daughter really wanted to hike to the lake so we started up the trail, but dang those woods were so thick you could not see any thing but tree trunks. Yeah.....I wasn't about to continue on, we went back to the car.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you live that you see so many Bears and is this why you are a Bear fan?

I live about 20 minutes from the west entrance to Glacier National Park.

I'm a Bears fan because of Sweetness. I had no home team where I grew up, so I just latched on to Payton. I loved watching him play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why stop here? :gaah:

Was just getting good. What should you do?

hahaha...well, like i said earlier, you can haze off a black bear (shoo away, stand up to, so to speak)

If you try that shit with a griz, you are dead. They are territorial and eye contact is a threatening gesture to them, let alone hollering at em en sech.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend that was out in the woods to get firewood. It was hunting season and he had his license and his rifle. He was out of his truck scanning for good firewood when he saw a bear from the bank of the road, down the hill. Close enough for a easy shot. Sweet he thought. Got his rifle took aim and shot the bear. Bear staggered then whirled around and went up that hill like he was shot out of a cannon. He fired a couple of more times and then realized the bear was going to be on him momentarily, so he went for the truck. He was so shook up he was fumbling opening the door when the bear came up over the bank at him. Said he was never more scared in his life. The bear collapsed once he was on the road from his wounds. My friend lost all interest in hunting bear after that. Takes a well placed shot to down a bear quickly and they can sustain a lot of injury and keep going. Just hurting them simply makes them ferocious and deadly. IDK what kind of bear that was, most likely just a black bear as they are way more common in North Idaho.

Yup. A grizzly has like 4 inches of skin/blubber under an immensely thick coat of fur.

If it's a grizzly you are hunting, you had better damn sure be a good shot, and packing some serious shit. You shoot that fucker with a pistol, and it'll be like a fucking bee sting to em'.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably better off with bear spray than you would be with a pistol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. A grizzly has like 4 inches of skin/blubber under an immensely thick coat of fur.

If it's a grizzly you are hunting, you had better damn sure be a good shot, and packing some serious shit. You shoot that fucker with a pistol, and it'll be like a fucking bee sting to em'.
My friend had a 30:06 good rifle for hunting bear, but you still got to hit the right spot for a quick kill.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably better off with bear spray than you would be with a pistol.
Absolutely. A pistol is better then nothing, but I'd would definitely rather have the bear spray.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a Bears fan because of Sweetness. I had no home team where I grew up, so I just latched on to Payton. I loved watching him play.
So does Beardown07 mean you took down 7 Bears now? Or because in 07 you took down a Bear?:nono:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. A pistol is better then nothing, but I'd would definitely rather have the bear spray.
You need both because you have to throw the can of spray at the bear and then shoot the can when it's near the bears face. Unless i read the instructions wrong.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old sweetness has brought us a lot of out of state fans. He was that good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need both because you have to throw the can of spray at the bear and then shoot the can when it's near the bears face. Unless i read the instructions wrong.
Never used Bear spray but from what I've seen in video demonstrating it I don't think so. LOL. Personally I'd prefer having a 30:06 to deal with a bear.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never used Bear spray but from what I've seen in video demonstrating it I don't think so. LOL. Personally I'd prefer having a 30:06 to deal with a bear.
Ya me too, or a HOF QB. It has worked for GB.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend that was out in the woods to get firewood. It was hunting season and he had his license and his rifle. He was out of his truck scanning for good firewood when he saw a bear from the bank of the road, down the hill. Close enough for a easy shot. Sweet he thought. Got his rifle took aim and shot the bear. Bear staggered then whirled around and went up that hill like he was shot out of a cannon. He fired a couple of more times and then realized the bear was going to be on him momentarily, so he went for the truck. He was so shook up he was fumbling opening the door when the bear came up over the bank at him. Said he was never more scared in his life. The bear collapsed once he was on the road from his wounds. My friend lost all interest in hunting bear after that. Takes a well placed shot to down a bear quickly and they can sustain a lot of injury and keep going. Just hurting them simply makes them ferocious and deadly. IDK what kind of bear that was, most likely just a black bear as they are way more common in North Idaho.

I was rooting for the bear in that story..... I am not a hunter.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. I once ate an octopus MILF carrying 250K+ eggs. I'd swallow the Bear and Cowboy whole, simultaneously.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that show sharknado scare the hell out of you?

Nah, completely fake. When tornadoes lift us sharks out of the water, we generally kill a couple land mammals and maybe steal a bicycle or two, and retreat to the ocean. The ending scene where some guy dives through a shark with a chainsaw and rescues the girl? COMPLETELY fiction non-sense, I've eaten several chainsaws (while running) and been fine.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a raccoon in my garbage once. It was terrifying

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raccoons are playful and fun to pet. so cute.

bears are my biggest worry when fly fishing. I've encountered several over the years, but I'm very loud (whistles, cow bells, horns). I'm considering the Marlin 45/70 as my go to safety piece from now on.