• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyson Chandler To Warriors Is Now Very Possible

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Free Agency 2011: Tyson Chandler Being Pursued By Golden State Warriors - SB Nation Bay Area

I would love this move. The part I love even more is that Lee is a perfect running mate with Chandler. Lee will be able to really shine, as well as take off rebounding pressure from TC, TC would be able to focus even more on defense.
I would also love the fact that we would be rid of Biens, plus we'd still have Monta and Curry in the backcourt. We'd all get to see if it could work now with a real defensive presence manning the paint.
:rockon:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors target Nene, Chandler

The Warriors’ payroll currently sits at approximately $51 million, about $7 million under the $58 million salary cap. If the team uses its amnesty provision on Charlie Bell, who makes $4.1 million in 2011-12, then the Warriors could be looking at roughly $11 million in cap room.

It’s likely that both Nene and Chandler will seek contracts in excess of $10 million per year, but the real issue for the Warriors is whether each of those guys will be flirting with the $15-million range. If that’s the case, the Warriors wouldn’t be able to compete for either of their services -- without having to use their amnesty clause on either Lee or Andris Biedrins.

We will have to kick Biedrins to the curb if we want to sign Nene or Chandler. I don't see $11 mill cutting it.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also be willin to part with Lee in the Chandler scenario. Just imagine having Chandler and Udoh defending the paint. We'd be able to let Monta, Curry and Wright run these other teams out the gym.
We'd also be able to have Ellis and Curry play more intense, in your face defense with those two guarding the paint. They could defend the jumper, if they get blew by it won't matter because Chandler and Udoh will welcome nobody in our house. :nono:

Plus, if that doesn't work we still can trade Monta for more size and depth on the wing.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talks with the Mavs and Chandler have broken down. Chandler is going to meet with Warriors, Rockets, and Nets.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, I wouldn't mind letting go of Lee in this situation. Letting Chandler and Udoh man the paint, with Curry, Ellis and Wright doing what they do would bring an aspect to the Warriors that other teams wouldn't be able to compete with. We'd have depth off the bench with Biens, Thompson, Admundson, Lin, Jenkins, as well as probably Williams and Thorton coming back.
The fact of the matter is that everyone would love to keep both Curry and Ellis if we found a way to defend the paint. Offensivly we're too much to handle when those two play in sync
Stephen Curry & Monta Ellis- The Bay Area's Dynamic Backcourt Duo - YouTube
The Stephen Curry-Dorell Wright 3/4 court alley-oop - YouTube
Let's not forget!

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exercising the amnesty in order to sign a 29 year-old center- who could transform this team on defense- would be a huge statement from this ownership group.

If Chandler is brought in, I think Biedrins could be the one that's shipped out. Udoh/Amundson/Tyler could pick up the extra minutes at center and still give you a lot of shot-blocking, size, and energy.

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wanted to add that it would be fun to watch this team if it kept Biedrins with Chandler and Udoh- that's probably 30 minutes per game of having two good shotblockers on the court together, and then Al Thornton offering a change of pace as a small 4.

But I'd be surprised if that's how things played out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul, Roy, Wright, Lee, Chandler would be interesting.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wanted to add that it would be fun to watch this team if it kept Biedrins with Chandler and Udoh- that's probably 30 minutes per game of having two good shotblockers on the court together, and then Al Thornton offering a change of pace as a small 4.

But I'd be surprised if that's how things played out.

Just the thought of Al Thornton wearing a Warriors jersey again makes the Baby Jebus cry. That guy makes _avi_ Lee look like a First-Team All-Defensive NBA player.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the thought of Al Thornton wearing a Warriors jersey again makes the Baby Jebus cry. That guy makes _avi_ Lee look like a First-Team All-Defensive NBA player.

Cam doesn't have a soft-spot for the mid-range jumper if you can't guard your man.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam doesn't have a soft-spot for the mid-range jumper if you can't guard your man.

I'm in agreement with Cam on this issue. Especially when your offense doesn't make up for your lack of defense, it is a problem. Two way players are what make championship teams. The only exception to this would be a defensive center, with little offense. Perimeter/Wing players need to be able to defend.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Exactly. What good is it to score 18 points per game* if the guy you are supposed to be guarding is scoring 26?

*Not that Al Thornton would ever score 18 points per game for any stretch of time other than a single game.