• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SHOW ME THE MONEY

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinions Koy are like cow manure they make great fertilizer but when they are fresh they are squishy and stick to your boots smelling like Sh*t. After your rant during the SB and then disappearance you need to sit down and STFU. Grownups are talking football not little boys that go run and hide.

Be careful talking about little boys. You're going to get fightinfunbags overly excited.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately correct.
QB contracts are absurd.
Supply and demand
1. Face of your franchise
2. Has become most important position in sports
3. Only a handful of guys (maybe 10-12) you can build a franchise around where you are in the mix to make 6-7 legit runs in a ten year window for a Super Bowl.

That is why these prices are crazy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supply and demand
1. Face of your franchise
2. Has become most important position in sports
3. Only a handful of guys (maybe 10-12) you can build a franchise around where you are in the mix to make 6-7 legit runs in a ten year window for a Super Bowl.

That is why these prices are crazy.
I know all the reasons. They gfet explained all the time. I stand by their contracts are absurd. The way all the positions contracts are done actually.
It is stupid to go well the last guy got this so I get more because I am next. But it is the way it is ............ Until they fix it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should go back and read the stuff you post. The QB market is what it is in a year to year league. Crap shoot unless it's Mahomes 10 year type deal, and those guys don't come around very often.

As to koy...this guy's very first post was attention seeking with shock value bull shit. Got the results he wanted and those the kid found a hobby on chat boards.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overkill opinions and everyone knows what the hell they're talking about.

Best part...Entertainment is free.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all the reasons. They gfet explained all the time. I stand by their contracts are absurd. The way all the positions contracts are done actually.
It is stupid to go well the last guy got this so I get more because I am next. But it is the way it is ............ Until they fix it.
Maybe we are philosophically opposed here. For me, I welcome more of the money going to players. The money continues to grow. I don’t want owners pocketing all of the gains. Spread the wealth to the warriors who have short windows to earn and compete. In the landscape of sports, the NFL players rank lowest in terms of financial benefit because of so few guaranteed contracts. The NFLPA is a neutered union that gets run by the owners. The owners have it great in this system. I don’t see any need to artificially shift that balance even further in the direction of owners.

All this assumes that this is business and in business status quo is failure. Success if defined by habitual growth from quarter to quarter and year to year. That’s a given.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we are philosophically opposed here. For me, I welcome more of the money going to players. The money continues to grow. I don’t want owners pocketing all of the gains. Spread the wealth to the warriors who have short windows to earn and compete. In the landscape of sports, the NFL players rank lowest in terms of financial benefit because of so few guaranteed contracts. The NFLPA is a neutered union that gets run by the owners. The owners have it great in this system. I don’t see any need to artificially shift that balance even further in the direction of owners.

All this assumes that this is business and in business status quo is failure. Success if defined by habitual growth from quarter to quarter and year to year. That’s a given.
it all passes down to the consumer. 2500 dollar ticket, a 37 dollar Hot dog etc........ (yes I am just throwing absurd prices not meant to be accurate)

so yes. I guess we are opposed philosophically.
If a star QB was only making 30 mil. a yr. What a crime. LOL
Owners will always make their money. If they got to pay more. They will charge more. Simple Economics.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it all passes down to the consumer. 2500 dollar ticket, a 37 dollar Hot dog etc........ (yes I am just throwing absurd prices not meant to be accurate)

so yes. I guess we are opposed philosophically.
If a star QB was only making 30 mil. a yr. What a crime. LOL
Owners will always make their money. If they got to pay more. They will charge more. Simple Economics.
I get it. That’s why I preempted your response with my last paragraph. The NFL is adept at using their position to maximize revenue. I’m saying those prices you’re lamenting (and I do too) are a given in my mind. What I’m saying is that since that condition already exists, the players should have their percentage of the pot increased. What you’re talking about is a big time retraction of this business. I just don’t see that happening.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. That’s why I preempted your response with my last paragraph. The NFL is adept at using their position to maximize revenue. I’m saying those prices you’re lamenting (and I do too) are a given in my mind. What I’m saying is that since that condition already exists, the players should have their percentage of the pot increased. What you’re talking about is a big time retraction of this business. I just don’t see that happening.
Yeah I know what you're saying.
That is why I am not one of those guys that say you overpaid for your QB. It is literally the going rate.
If you have what you believe is a Franchise QB you will pay him. Doesnt matter what pecking order they are in as far as Franchise Qbs goes. Unless you are a Mahomes or Peyton Manning. They can change how pay scales are. The rest will get paid according to order for the most part.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the big money quarterback $150 million. Tell him he has to pay for his O-line and receiver corps. See if any of them wise up and take a bit less for themselves to get better protection and maybe to make the playoffs.

Teams have to wise up about how they allocate their cap dollars. The league put an extra game on everyone's schedule this year, and more teams make the playoffs, but it seems like more teams suck completely every year.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray 2nd year VS Jalen Hurts 2nd year.
Let’s not forget Hurts had an all world o-line and half of his TDS came from his o-line pushing him in the end zone. Also, 2 playoff games were gift wrapped wins. Not to mention a competent coaching staff . I wonder what Kyler could have done in that scenario, :fish2:
3CF03DAE-ACA8-40C9-AA1B-7014AE451BF1.jpeg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray 2nd year VS Jalen Hurts 2nd year.
Let’s not forget Hurts had an all world o-line and half of his TDS came from his o-line pushing him in the end zone. Also, 2 playoff games were gift wrapped wins. Not to mention a competent coaching staff . I wonder what Kyler could have done in that scenario, :fish2:
View attachment 321640
Why would you ignore the most recent data on Murray? Seems like you predetermined what you wanted to see. One thing that isn’t reflected in these stats is that Hurts is a gym rat who is programmed like a lot of coach’s kids inside a growth mindset coupled with a tremendous work ethic. Meanwhile, there were rumors going around about Murray needing contract language that ensured he would engage in film study to prepare the right way. These QBs are night and day. Murray has more natural ability and yet through hard work and commitment Hurts is out performing him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinions Koy are like cow manure they make great fertilizer but when they are fresh they are squishy and stick to your boots smelling like Sh*t. After your rant during the SB and then disappearance you need to sit down and STFU. Grownups are talking football not little boys that go run and hide.

What do RTK and a clogged toilet have in common?

Both are full of shit.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the going rate these days. I’d rather pay this money into a guy who is worth it than to pay a Watson or Dak.
Look at the top 5 in salary:

1676838567472.png

Only Mahomes is worth the contract. The rest will keep their team down because you pay them that kind of coin it degrades the rest of the roster.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the top 5 in salary:

View attachment 321641

Only Mahomes is worth the contract. The rest will keep their team down because you pay them that kind of coin it degrades the rest of the roster.
Rodgers and Wilson are older vets. These guys always get paid based on past performance. I don’t disagree on it being a more difficult path to build a solid roster. The best will shine through with their scouting, player development, and cap management. That being said, I’d rather try and make that work than to have to keep hitting the reset button trying to find a franchise QB. Once you find one, lock it up and then you tighten up the operation in the other areas.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you ignore the most recent data on Murray? Seems like you predetermined what you wanted to see. One thing that isn’t reflected in these stats is that Hurts is a gym rat who is programmed like a lot of coach’s kids inside a growth mindset coupled with a tremendous work ethic. Meanwhile, there were rumors going around about Murray needing contract language that ensured he would engage in film study to prepare the right way. These QBs are night and day. Murray has more natural ability and yet through hard work and commitment Hurts is out performing him.
“rumors” I tend to believe what his teammates are saying about him. Btw- They guy who wanted the contract language is no longer with the team.

Also, I’m not ignoring anything. Just comparing year 2’s. Comparing this year makes no sense because the situations the qb’s were in were so vastly different. Kyler had a different o-line combo every week. He had only one week where he was able to play with both dhop and Brown. Not to mention the ACL.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the 2nd best QB in the elsgue at worst, only 24 years old and the price of QB contracts will just keep going up.

Sit back and watch how a smart franchise does it. They can lock in Hurts at $50M a year and the price will go up to around $60M a year within the next 1-2 years.
Actually that's common knowledge but thank god you came out of your safe space to let us know.