• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scot McGloughan's tenure as GM

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly those posters .... that ranks right up there with any three consecutive years Left or Gary had for wins. :tj:

Also oddly enough, the first time the Redskins have had back to back winning seasons in about 20 years. As I remember you have to learn to walk before you learn to run. :fencing:

Good analogy. This is kind of consistent with this era where lots of folks like to believe that your team is either title worthy or just flat out sucks. There is no middle ground. For some in the media (& even some fans) the Redskins are always awful and wrong (I swear Florio & others portray the Redskins as the worst team ever - I guess that it boosts this troll's ego).

You are correct - you have to take little steps to get there & 2015 was kind of misleading given the circumstances. I can't wait till the end of the offseason to see how this unfolds - my guess is that quite a few folks will be way off base on several things.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's actually missing is perspective.....Unfortunately, here, like almost everywhere else, we want and often do see our team in the best light, however others who aren't part of this fan base and that includes media don't have or share that emotional connection and personal investment. Is it "hating?" well, of course not, that's the convenient flavor of the month way to dismiss others who don't agree with the hometown perspective. It is no more hating than if the reverse were in play and fans/followers of this team were to make judgement or commentary about a team/organization that they weren't fans or followers of.

Much like this nations socioeconomic and political divide the divisions in professional sports reflects the same either/or, with us or against us, extreme nature. Oddly, there's a shrinking minority in places where, reasonable, thoughtful fact based analysis exist. Even when these are offered the extremes on either side don't seem capable of understanding or valuing this input because from their warped perspective, with us and liked when you agree and something less than desirable when you don't. Ultimately, you're either...or...or nothing at all.

This is the problem that we face today. People want news that in an age where 24 hour information and social media is in short supply, so we've come to substituting opinion for news and label it "fake." Washington signing Cousins or trading him is news, why they should or shouldn't isn't. Knowing the difference, gives one the proper and missing perspective that must reclaim it's rightful place because, at the end of the day, it serves the greater good.