• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Guardians @ White Sox

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A perfect opportunity for the Sox to start chipping away at the 15 game lead Cleveland has over them - 5 weeks into the season. The Gaurdos have Ben Lively on the mound and the Sox have not have much success with him. Fedde goes for the Sox with his 2-0 record on the line.

BTW - Bob Nightingale suggests the Sox will be unloading players for the trade deadline - naming Eloy, Vaughn, Kopech, Pham and Fedde. I don't see how it makes sense for the Sox to trade Fedde with another reasonable year on his contract and will have the need for pitching next year too. First time we've seen Vaughn's name attached to this kind of rumor.

If I was the GM - I'd been sending Martin Maldanado to retirement or DFA. He can't hit and can't catch - just take off the roster and make him a bullpen coach.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A perfect opportunity for the Sox to start chipping away at the 15 game lead Cleveland has over them - 5 weeks into the season. The Gaurdos have Ben Lively on the mound and the Sox have not have much success with him. Fedde goes for the Sox with his 2-0 record on the line.

BTW - Bob Nightingale suggests the Sox will be unloading players for the trade deadline - naming Eloy, Vaughn, Kopech, Pham and Fedde. I don't see how it makes sense for the Sox to trade Fedde with another reasonable year on his contract and will have the need for pitching next year too. First time we've seen Vaughn's name attached to this kind of rumor.

If I was the GM - I'd been sending Martin Maldanado to retirement or DFA. He can't hit and can't catch - just take off the roster and make him a bullpen coach.

What in the hell?!?

Yeah...Well if that's how you're going to roll...Part 2 mutha f*ckaaaaaaa:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fedde should be traded asap. at 31 he means nothing to the sox future and he'll never be worth more. he looks really good!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice outing by Fedde. Bryan Ramos and Tommy Pham both continue to hit. The Guardos got beat. Go Sox!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fedde should be traded asap. at 31 he means nothing to the sox future and he'll never be worth more. he looks really good!
I disagree. The Sox got him for $15 million over two years. Keep him for another year and get those innings covered and pick up a few wins. I don't think you go with 5 rookie or 1 year guys as starters next season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Sox got him for $15 million over two years. Keep him for another year and get those innings covered and pick up a few wins. I don't think you go with 5 rookie or 1 year guys as starters next season.
then i hope he continues to pitch like he's never pitched before. :think:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah...F*ck that...Trade every player that shows any semblance of being good...particularly the ones that look like they may be Superstars...for prospects....for the rest of time. It's ok because we'll always suck so therefore the trades will be justified.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...F*ck that...Trade every player that shows any semblance of being good...particularly the ones that look like they may be Superstars...for prospects....for the rest of time. It's ok because we'll always suck so therefore the trades will be justified.
Satire your name is @Jiddy

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes ...

all sarcasm aside, if this were a team on the verge of being decent i'd keep someone like fedde. as it is, he's old at 31 and the future of this team is at best a few years away (in reality probably 7 years away. there's no use of having ANY old guy on this team. i want to see the younger guys now! seeing if they have a future or not. fedde is a perfect one to trade as his value has never been higher (to a contending team). he's got the 2 year contract, and he's pitching better (by far) than he ever has before! someone can use him! i say go for it. collect as many prospects as you can and your odds increase of finding those guys who'll still be around for 10 years or so.

who'll give much for jimenez? or vaughn? or moncada? (i'd even throw robert in with this bag of under-achievers) these guys have PROVEN over time they cannot be depended on. nobody's gonna offer much for them. the timing for fedde is just right.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox win again - reduce Guardo's lead to 13 games. Sox have won 9-7 in the last 15 games.

Nice effort by Crocket - Homers by Pham - Vaughn and DeJong, Save goes to Jordan Liesure - the rookie,

Bryan Ramos - did not get a hit in his 6th game = breaking his streak at 5 games. He handled a few nice changes at 3rd.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think players and managers should be giving interviews during the game to the Broadcast team. But the trend seems to be growing. Last night after Kory Lee hit his 1st MLB Homerun - Chuck Garfein got Kory Lee to come over in the dugout to get a quick interview with Lee after the 1st HR. The fun thing was Lee comes over to Garfein not sure what Chuck Garfein wants - and when he figures out he on TV for an interview - Kory Lee - shutdown the interview - saying he didn't want to talk right now. I like that Kory Lee did that and didn't break his focus on the game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox win their 4th straight - set themselves up for a series sweep tomorrow. Now within 12 games of the lead.

Clevinger pitched well - so did the Sox Bullpen and Brebia got the save against the Guardians 3-4-5 in the batting order.

Ramos and Vaughn made some timely plays in the field.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 in a row...Goddamnit Jerry's gonna double the price on the milkshakes before I ever get one...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 in a row...Goddamnit Jerry's gonna double the price on the milkshakes before I ever get one...
Well, you do have to keep up with the high costs of trading talent to other teams.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The improbable Sox are looking for a 4-game sweep of rival and divisional leader Cleveland. Soroka on the mound for the Sox.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3