• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Probably should start a new thread

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that BS dissallowed goal totally changed the game.. it was all down hill from there. I guess the rule of a player pushing another player into the goalie doesnt apply to us... Nico was horrible tonight.. he had 3 chances point blank infront of the net and missed all three of them..... Well, hopefully this was the wake up call they need before the playoffs after playing this way....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that BS dissallowed goal totally changed the game.. it was all down hill from there. I guess the rule of a player pushing another player into the goalie doesnt apply to us... Nico was horrible tonight.. he had 3 chances point blank infront of the net and missed all three of them..... Well, hopefully this was the wake up call they need before the playoffs after playing this way....
Saw Nico passed up on some shots for passes not objectively better chance

Rather he pulls the trigger

This is where I factor in Nico pass first mindset should be paired with Timo

But still, like to see Nico try some for himself

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the "good" Devils show up tonight

No Bastian or Wood at the skate so looks like Sharangovich and Lazar are both in

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.. take aways from this game... it was a game of ups and downs... First let me say.. at least we got a point.... I was gonna chalk this up to a loss after they scored on that PP goal to make it 3-2 with under 4 minutes left. But once again, this devils team battles and finds a way. Timo was amazing with his two goals.... At least we got the point... Now for the bad and what pissed me off....

1st.. the Refs.... its almost like they were for TB for most of the game... there first goal was a direct result of an iceing that should never have been... Brat was way infront and had position.. no way that was iceing.. yet the puck at the other end is in the net 20 seconds later... BS. They missed the boarding call in the second... and the penalty for the slashing was crazy... the guy skated for 2 seconds before he even dropped his stick like it was knocked out his hands??? come on refs... lots of tick tack calls for TB and lots of missed calls against us... but we still took it to OT.
2nd. Nico pissed me off again this game.. It was either in the first or the second he had a point blank shot and just wiffed it over the net.... and then he lost his stick which directly lead to another goal... Nico has to step up his game, esp since he is the captain.
3rd. Lack of scoring on a 5 on 3 PP for 2 minutes is just unforgivable..... The first minute was amazing.. the second minute was a full minute of pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass... lost possession, out the zone it went..... and worse... they kill it off then go the other way and score??? Again Nico lost his stick...
4th. While shoot outs are always up in the air... is there a reason we dont see our best scorers like Hughes and Nico out there? Is there a reason its not Timo, Nico, Hughes every time??? I can understand maybe not Nico... but Hughes not in the top 3 every time??? i dont get it. You think TB is holding back there top scorers? Maybe Timo, Hughes, Hamilton? then you dive deeper into the roster IF you make it to rounds 4 or 5.. which honestly... we never do (i know we did with timo a week ago..but its not the norm...)

Overall, I am happy for the point... but I worry about this team in the playoffs with its lack of scoring on the Power Play and the breakdowns at times that lead to other goals..... Ill take the point.. but this kinda performance against TB in the playoffs will only lead to us being bounced....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will turn out to be a blessing actually.

We're definitely behind the curb against experience playoff caliber teams.... but we can only learn from here... that includes both coaching and player midnsets. No sense of doubt should be concluded, only identifying weaknesses and how to correct them.

It's like a mini playoff series for us without the elimination outcome. So with that POV, I'm ok as long as we come out of this stronger.

Agreed with Vort, Nico needs to step it up and be more aggressive. I will go a step further and start demanding MORE production from our 1st line. The goals need to come(1 did, very nicely though). Timo starting to heat up hopefully but I think he needs to play with Nico and Mercer. We need to see some MHM or TND action. then hopefully that bears positive results.

Tartar should blend well with Hughes and Bratt. Doesn't take away from them and performs very well in that complimentary role.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY we see Nico Bratt Timo, and look at the results.. that line was on fire tonight and we got a much needed win vs TB. What can you say about tonights game... First... the penalty kill was amazing... probably the best i have seen all year. It would have been nice to see the power play, but the NHL doesnt think TB ever commits any infractions the entire game. We need to clear up the stupid penatlies, but the PK came to play tonight. All 4 lines looked good... I hope he sticks with these lines and lets them jell before the playoffs. Good to see Foote in there and get his first goal. Wicked shot he has. Plus, I love how this team battled back from being down 2-0... they could have buckled but they seem to pick it up a notch and didnt look back. There last penalty kill with 4 minutes to go was a thing of beauty. I dont even think they entered our zone, i know they didnt get a shot... and thats the kind of time when if they score, it can be a killer..... Good job devils... now lets go catch those pesky Canes and take the division....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think this should be the way... Timo Nico Bratt... though i could see Bratt going and working solid with either Nico or Jack...

Foote had a good start and I hope it keeps going... with Yegor playing and the skillset that of Foote, all of sudden you see more from McCleod and a fair question or opinion would be, was he perhaps being held back with Woods and Bastian? Not that Mikey will turn into a JT Miller but he may be more impactful offensively with good off players on his wings.

Bahl needs to stay and play... no more Smith, he's a vet and he can come in anytime if needed.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that Ruff punished Graves for that terrible clearing attempt that lead to TB first goal.. he benched him for like the next 16 minutes to make a point.. and it appeared to work.... We need more of this when players make stupid mistakes. Also, has anyone else got the feeling that the refs dont like Timo that much? He is getting alot of tick tack calls going against him. Not sure what it was like in San Jose... but my god they dont call penatlies against him (high stick last night) and hammer him for anything he does.... Does anyone know if he has a rep with the refs for complaiging or something, because it seems since he has been here, they are out to get him sort of speak...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that Ruff punished Graves for that terrible clearing attempt that lead to TB first goal.. he benched him for like the next 16 minutes to make a point.. and it appeared to work.... We need more of this when players make stupid mistakes. Also, has anyone else got the feeling that the refs dont like Timo that much? He is getting alot of tick tack calls going against him. Not sure what it was like in San Jose... but my god they dont call penatlies against him (high stick last night) and hammer him for anything he does.... Does anyone know if he has a rep with the refs for complaiging or something, because it seems since he has been here, they are out to get him sort of speak...
During the whole Bring Timo to NJ era, i learned through the social posts etc that Timo apparently has a knack for penalties.

Deserving or bogus? I've seen both so far as NJD for Timo Meier but he definitely gets the sh*t end of it......

TB got away with a lot but we know better and need to be better to beat them.... fuck i think it was gm 1 vs TB or gm2? the fact we couldn't score on a 5 on 3 penalty has me heated.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F Minnesota
Dinosaurs Probably Didn't Roar, But Some Definitely Quacked

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't catch the game last night but wtf??? was it goaltending denial or sucky offense again?

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually outplayed them most if not all the game. I think we hit the post like 5 times, including a back breaker in OT, Which perfectly bounced off the wall to there player who had a breakaway and scored with 1 sec left in OT to win. Once again, a team gave us a rediculous preformance and we couldnt beat the goaltender or get a bounce... I mean.. come on ... 5 posts and not one went in??? Comeon. Timo played his ass off, and Nico had a wide open net on a perfect feed from either Bratt or Timo that he just flat out sent wide... I still dont know how... He had the entire net to shoot at and totally missed it.... That would have ended the game because it was either in OT or the very end of 3rd period. It was a hard loss, and one that could have gone either way. It just seems these teams that play godlike against us cant keep continueing. I didnt see us really do anything wrong.. we just didnt get the bounces we need. If I had one complaint... on the Wilds opening goal (in the 3rd period) we had several times we could have cleared the puck and a weak attempt to clear it ultimately lead to the pressure which lead to the goal... It was one mistake (made by a few... at least two or three had a shot at cleaing but didnt get it done....) and teams just always seem to capitalize on that against us, where as we usually cannot. At least we got a point.... still chasing the Canes... difference is... everytime we think they are going to lose and we can catch them... we lose and they find a way to win there games.... down by 2 now i think....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually outplayed them most if not all the game. I think we hit the post like 5 times, including a back breaker in OT, Which perfectly bounced off the wall to there player who had a breakaway and scored with 1 sec left in OT to win. Once again, a team gave us a rediculous preformance and we couldnt beat the goaltender or get a bounce... I mean.. come on ... 5 posts and not one went in??? Comeon. Timo played his ass off, and Nico had a wide open net on a perfect feed from either Bratt or Timo that he just flat out sent wide... I still dont know how... He had the entire net to shoot at and totally missed it.... That would have ended the game because it was either in OT or the very end of 3rd period. It was a hard loss, and one that could have gone either way. It just seems these teams that play godlike against us cant keep continueing. I didnt see us really do anything wrong.. we just didnt get the bounces we need. If I had one complaint... on the Wilds opening goal (in the 3rd period) we had several times we could have cleared the puck and a weak attempt to clear it ultimately lead to the pressure which lead to the goal... It was one mistake (made by a few... at least two or three had a shot at cleaing but didnt get it done....) and teams just always seem to capitalize on that against us, where as we usually cannot. At least we got a point.... still chasing the Canes... difference is... everytime we think they are going to lose and we can catch them... we lose and they find a way to win there games.... down by 2 now i think....
yea, reality of taking that 1st place from them gets harder and harder, considering they have(at this moment) 2 games in hand IIRC. Maybe its just one still...

looking like a Rags vs Devils playoff stormbreaker series.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, reality of taking that 1st place from them gets harder and harder, considering they have(at this moment) 2 games in hand IIRC. Maybe its just one still...

looking like a Rags vs Devils playoff stormbreaker series.
I honestly dont want to see the Rags in the first round... they are the kind of team we should beat, but we struggle against... and I will be super pissed if THEY are the ones that bounce us, as good as this team is. Seeing the Canes and Rags in the first round is ideal because that means one of our two tough teams will be eliminated and thats fine by me... I am still holding out hope we can take the division. All it takes is the Canes to skid a few games and us go on a win streak.....

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights game was tough one to see us lose. I will say they battled... having Hughes goal called back on the offsides killed us... he would of had a hat trick if not for that and a tie game. Power Play has to get better... it would make differences in games like tonight... We left goalie out to dry in the first 10 minutes.... nothing he could do on all 3 goals.... i feel for him. Vanny played well in relief.... Graves was beyond bad tonight... he looked like he wasnt moving at all, and i think he was on the ice for 4 of there 5 goals.... He had no effort, got beat numerous times, was slow, and was out of position all the time.... Hamilton has lost his offense... he either doesnt shoot, and when he does, he cant hit the net to save his life. Palate is the same right now... he cant buy a goal, despite getting some great chances... Its sad when we have 2 on 1 breakaways and we dont even get a shot off.... If it wasnt for that late pentalty with 3 minutes left.... i am wondering if we could have tied it... we had them on there heels and were buzzing, but that penalty on Severson just killed us.... We had so much that could have happened this game... tie for first, 100 point season AND clinched playoff spot.. yet they couldnt rise or get motivated for that.... Too many of the Sabers goals were due to us not being in position or getting beat to the puck due to lack of skateing and getting beat.... esp the first 3 goals.... Tough loss.... we should have played better from the start... we battled and could have tied... but just too many mistakes and missing the net tonight... oh, and 4 posts and 1 dissallowed goal didnt help...