• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Season

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it means about as much to the Regular season as a Hollywoods Movie Star's belief in celibacy, however for the games that I have watched (3 with mostly rookie lineups) I am not impressed with any of the Canucks youth. Noone other than Lack (until last night) really stood out to me that wants a job. Maybe Bambi Tambi but thats about it and he was a UFA.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's been disappointing to say the least... but that said, our two biggest prospects are both extremely young and have (virtually) no pro experience.

A year in the 'peg will do Jordan and Cody some good. We don't need them playing less than 10mins per night in Vancouver. Let them learn the pro game in the AHL like almost every other young player has to.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I liked what I saw in camp from:

Lack
Schroeder
Oberg
Tanev
Connauton
Volpatti
B Sweatt (didn't play well last night though)
L Sweatt (ditto)

most of that was from the prospects tourney, though.
biggest player improvement of the offseason.... Andrew Alberts.

Kick@ssguy55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I've seen so far in terms of 4th line forwards, I'd like to see both Morrison and Schaefer make this team, simply for the fact that they're better at hockey than any of the other 4th line options.

Tambellini may suit up on the 2nd line in Burrows' absence... I don't see any other better options atm.

Also, agree that Alberts has looked great this pre-season. If there's any justice/merit to pre-season performances, he has earned the #6 spot, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen so far in terms of 4th line forwards, I'd like to see both Morrison and Schaefer make this team, simply for the fact that they're better at hockey than any of the other 4th line options.

Tambellini may suit up on the 2nd line in Burrows' absence... I don't see any other better options atm.

Also, agree that Alberts has looked great this pre-season. If there's any justice/merit to pre-season performances, he has earned the #6 spot, at least.

who needs coaches. Kick@ass just summed up the entire pre season and set our 4th line :). Im not even being sarcastic this is all I saw as well.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if tonights roster is an indication it might be Torres on line 2 to start the season ... we'll see if he can keep up with Kes and Mase