• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Thread

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase, Burton, Jones...all 3 guys can fly past defenses....you take the top off, and that screen game, run game with Brown and Gesicki in the middle are going to have a lot of room to operate.
I'm with you on Chase and Burton. We'll see about Jones.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on Chase and Burton. We'll see about Jones.
Was #1 in receptions, #2 in yards, and tied 4th or 5th (Can't recall) in TD's his last year - at Purdue of all places.

The guy has speed. From the slot, he'll be able to create a lot of mismatches. I don't think he's going to be a pro-bowl kind of guy, but he's a guy that if he can get 1-1 with the middle defenders - is going to cause issues for defenses looking to try and bubble cover Chase like they did last year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, Jones is known as a crafty slot guy, basically replacement for boyd. chase and burton are over the top guys.
Jones is WAY faster than Boyd ever was.

Just look at his return for TD last year. The guy has speed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is WAY faster than Boyd ever was.

Just look at his return for TD last year. The guy has speed.
Meh.... Everything in his scouting report says that he is not a separator and multiple scouting reports list speed as an issue not an asset. Alex Ericson also was able to return punts for touchdowns every now and again.

I'll be thrilled to be wrong about Jones - But for now, I'm happy we have other guys in the building.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.... Everything in his scouting report says that he is not a separator and multiple scouting reports list speed as an issue not an asset. Alex Ericson also was able to return punts for touchdowns every now and again.

I'll be thrilled to be wrong about Jones - But for now, I'm happy we have other guys in the building.
Fair - but I think we can agree - that at least Jones has good college productivity to at least think he can be a guy that, as a 3rd option in the slot, can take advantage.

But - I really like Burton...and he adds to a room that needed just a bit more high(er) end talent in the depth area.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair - but I think we can agree - that at least Jones has good college productivity to at least think he can be a guy that, as a 3rd option in the slot, can take advantage.

But - I really like Burton...and he adds to a room that needed just a bit more high(er) end talent in the depth area.
No doubt. Also, if he's healthy, I'm anxious to see if Jones can bring something to the new kick-off return game. The one thing that can't be questioned is that he was a fantastic returner in college. In the NFL that normally only translates to punt returns as kick returns were largely a moot point over the past 5 years. But with the new rules, It will be interesting to see what sorts of skill sets translate.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched both in college. Jones had the one good year where AOC locked onto him almost every drop back. Good college WR but was never blown away. Another super senior who benefited from the new Wild West rules of CFB.

Burton produced against better defensive competition. Almost every Alabama game he was the best WR on the field despite bad QB play. Even popped on the screen during his brief stint at Georgia.

I hope they both turn out good. But I’m far more hyped for Burton as a prospect.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched both in college. Jones had the one good year where AOC locked onto him almost every drop back. Good college WR but was never blown away. Another super senior who benefited from the new Wild West rules of CFB.

Burton produced against better defensive competition. Almost every Alabama game he was the best WR on the field despite bad QB play. Even popped on the screen during his brief stint at Georgia.

I hope they both turn out good. But I’m far more hyped for Burton as a prospect.
Next year it is likely going to be Chase on one side, Burton on the other, and Jones in the slot. So let's hope they both turn out great.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt...Burton had a 1st round grade for talent...no comp there.

I just think as a slot guy - when teams are looking at Chase, Burton, and Higgins...Jones is going to be able to make some plays in that role. Again, not a pro-bowl/all-pro guy, but a guy that can hurt defenses who are going to try and play bubble coverages on Chase, or even 2-deep with Burton/Higgins.