• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a playoff season out of Seattle....

you forgot to add in they had the 2nd worst run defense and run offense but the part i cut out above ... Do we have to be on suicide watch for you if they miss the playoffs?

I feel like we could see improved play from this team on the defensive side of the ball but again uneven play on the offensive side in the crucial moments that end up deciding the game. Metcalf still has bricks for hands, Lockett is a year older and Geno isn't a QB that can carry a team through rough stretches. If our running game doesn't once again ( Just like last year ) get the touches we wont be doing a lot. The Hawks had the 2nd fewest rushing attempts in 2023 and THAT isn't a sign for success with Geno as your QB. Walker is a good RB that needs 20 touches a game, if it's not working you still hammer him or Zach.

When we had Lynch in our backfield many times we didn't have success in the running game early but they just kept running him and in the end more often than not he helped the team win even if it was only 60-70 yards. THEY NEED TO START RUNNING THE DAMN ROCK! Remember this offense scored 16 points or less in 6 losses last year and were 9-2 when scoring more than 16 points. It wasn't all on the defense even though they were very bad the offense also shat the bed .. A LOT! The talent on offense shouldn't be looking at 16 or less points.

My take is this, they could be and should be better than last years team on defense but in my eyes it wont be enough as the 49ers and Rams still slap us around (0-4 against them last year )and we miss the playoffs once again. I see improvement coming and they could get a win in one of those 4 games this year but this isn't a over night rebuild. In 2022 this team 100% overachieved and were pretenders, if they make the playoffs in 2024 they will still be pretenders BUT one on the upswing with a much better future ahead of them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the action is in the war room during the draft? This article offers a few tidbits:

Some bits:

6:25 p.m.
As Schneider would tell reporters after Day 1 of the draft, the Seahawks had four offers to trade back, “good ones too.” One being discussed just after the Jets selected tackle Olumayiwa Fashanu would see the Seahawks make a pretty significant move back, resulting in less draft capital this year, but giving them a pretty nice haul in 2025. Schneider tells Teasley to ask for more than is currently being offered if they're going to consider it.

6:33 p.m.
A team picking in the 20s is offering multiple 2025 picks to move up to 16, but no Day 2 picks in this year's draft. That gets a no from Schneider.

6:43 p.m.
New Orleans takes Oregon State tackle Taliese Fuaga at No. 14, another player the Seahawks like, but not a selection that upsets the room, not with their pick of defensive players still available.
Almost immediately after, Schneider makes a call to turn down yet another trade offer, at least tentatively depending on what happens with the next pick. "Hey, we're going to pick as of now," Schneider says, adding that he'll call back if something changes.

6:55 p.m.
After a long day of waiting, the Seahawks, who traded their second-round pick to the Giants for Leonard Williams, are closing in on making their first pick of the night.
The Cowboys take Kansas State's Cooper Beebe with the 73rd pick, one of the two interior linemen still high on Seattle's board, meaning it's going to be a long, nervous wait to see if the Seahawks are going to get Christian Haynes.
In the back of the room, Hall of Fame guard Steve Hutchinson, who works for the team as a football consultant, a role that consists largely of helping evaluate offensive linemen, quietly chats with Schneider. In particular, Schneider wants Hutch's opinion on Haynes.
"I think he's going to be a really good (expletive) player," Hutchinson tells Schneider.

7 p.m.
After the Falcons select Washington defensive end Bralen Trice, the Bears pick Yale tackle Kiran Amegadjie. That's three offensive linemen in the past five picks, and right now a run on lineman is concerning for Seattle, not just because Haynes fits a need, but because he is one of three players left on Seattle's draft board sticking out above the rest of the pack. This is one of those situations where need and taking the best available player might synch up, but only if Haynes survives five more picks.

7:02 p.m.
It's mostly quiet in the room as Macdonald asks for the offensive staff to come into the room. Macdonald and Schneider stand at the front of the room to consider their options if Haynes isn't there when Seattle is up at No. 81. Schneider is pacing around the room with tensions high.

7:05 p.m.
Las Vegas picks Delmar Glaze, an offensive lineman from Maryland, and moments later Houston is on the clock after making a trade to acquire pick No. 78.

7:11 p.m.
Noticing how quiet the room has become, Schneider tells his son, Jack, to change up the music to liven things up. "It's so quiet in here," he tells Jack.
The Colts make a trade to get back on the clock at No. 79, only upping the tension in the room, as the Seahawks scouts correctly surmise that trade was made to pick a lineman.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you never know what actually happens in a war but I do believe JS when he says that they decided to stick with the No. 16 pick and turn down multiple picks. I think it is entirely that Murphy was the No. 1 pick on the Hawks board, outside of possibly one of the QBs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great overview of Riq's season last year and how he fits into the Macdonald system

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you never know what actually happens in a war but I do believe JS when he says that they decided to stick with the No. 16 pick and turn down multiple picks. I think it is entirely that Murphy was the No. 1 pick on the Hawks board, outside of possibly one of the QBs.

I would've been fairly annoyed had the Rams gotten Murphy - because he's the closest thing to an Aaron Donald replacement that was in this draft (no I'm not saying Murphy is going to be Aaron Donald - just saying he has the same mold, but I'm in no way comparing Murphy at this time to the best IDL in NFL history).

I thought we would've snagged Turner, but Turner had injury concerns. I would've been very happy with Latu as well... I was not so high on taking an OL in the 1st on this draft... I'm amazed Haynes fell to the 3rd but I thought the OL class was deep enough to snag a decent prospect with the 3rd... and we spent picks on Bradford, Oluwatimi, Lucas, Cross... I mean at some point you can't keep ignoring the DL. Outside of Mafe/Hall (and Hall was barely used) we really haven't done much in the last few years to build the front 7. I don't care how good your offense is, if you're allowing the worst TOP in the NFL and they can't ever get on the field because teams can run all over your defense at will... then what's the point?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've been fairly annoyed had the Rams gotten Murphy - because he's the closest thing to an Aaron Donald replacement that was in this draft (no I'm not saying Murphy is going to be Aaron Donald - just saying he has the same mold, but I'm in no way comparing Murphy at this time to the best IDL in NFL history).

I thought we would've snagged Turner, but Turner had injury concerns. I would've been very happy with Latu as well... I was not so high on taking an OL in the 1st on this draft... I'm amazed Haynes fell to the 3rd but I thought the OL class was deep enough to snag a decent prospect with the 3rd... and we spent picks on Bradford, Oluwatimi, Lucas, Cross... I mean at some point you can't keep ignoring the DL. Outside of Mafe/Hall (and Hall was barely used) we really haven't done much in the last few years to build the front 7. I don't care how good your offense is, if you're allowing the worst TOP in the NFL and they can't ever get on the field because teams can run all over your defense at will... then what's the point?

That's why I really wanted them to focus on an interior linemen that be disruptive. Someone like Turner or Latu would have been fine but we have a lot of mouths to feed on the outside.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Mafe/Hall (and Hall was barely used) we really haven't done much in the last few years to build the front 7.
Your leaving out the additions of Leonard Williams and DreMont Jones which were costly additions to the DL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your leaving out the additions of Leonard Williams and DreMont Jones which were costly additions to the DL.

Erm, I meant drafting Harold. We've been a little light to draft on the DL in recent years. But you're correct, I think Williams was the most we've spent on a defensive lineman per year? And yah Jones wasn't too cheap either.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erm, I meant drafting Harold. We've been a little light to draft on the DL in recent years. But you're correct, I think Williams was the most we've spent on a defensive lineman per year? And yah Jones wasn't too cheap either.

We've have been pretty full on the outside though. Hall/Mafe/Nwosu/Taylor/Hll in the last 4 years.

We've struggled in the middle and the 2nd level of support.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there is a rumor that we start vs Denver week 1

Should be a good trial run for Mac if the case. I don't think Nix will translate that great to a QB and I would love that smug ass Payton to be STFU.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've have been pretty full on the outside though. Hall/Mafe/Nwosu/Taylor/Hll in the last 4 years.

We've struggled in the middle and the 2nd level of support.

True, although I never think you can have too many EDGE guys.. but yah, something had to be done about the DL... Reed is 32, Hankins is like 32, Williams is nearing 30... Jones is... whatever (I never was a huge fan of that signing)... outside of that you have some guys we took in later rounds but none of them stay healthy lol.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good trial run for Mac if the case. I don't think Nix will translate that great to a QB and I would love that smug ass Payton to be STFU.

You will like this even better

Same thing "Leaked" the lions schedule.....

Week 4: vs Seattle MNF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will like this even better

Same thing "Leaked" the lions schedule.....

Week 4: vs Seattle MNF

I swear we always play the Lions these days... but at least we seem to have a good track record. I just hope we don't get one of those dumbass London games.