• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NYR vs New Jersey Devils 1st rd

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie can't be stupid...

Careless not accepted in playoffs

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg jack should've taken the shot

Wtf is haula going to do? Shoot it jack!!!!

Tatar blowing big shots, wish Timo got those looks

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bratt playing? Wood brings nothing, our d can't clear our zone. Need a major wake up call. We look like an inexperienced team that's on tilt.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get shutout

Gotta get the goal even in a losing effort

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I’ve watched a more frustrating game. Third best team in the league and this is how they start the playoffs? Unbelievable.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before and I will say it again.. this is exactly why i didnt want the Rags in the first round... They have the ability to score and an elite goaltender that can just steal a series... and they way we played tonight.. my god, i have no confidence at all right now. GRAVES is beyond bad again... TWICE on the pk... he left Krieder alone infront the net... and guess what happened to the leading goal scorer in Rags history??? HE SCORED! The analysts during the first intermission called out Graves pointing out that he failed to clear the puck on the first PP which he could have.. but then allowed Krieder all alone at the side of the net for the deflection... Did he learn??? FUCK NO... the exact goal was scored in the exact same way in the third putting the game out of reach and guess who was right there on defense... GRAVES. He was on the ice for at least 3 of the 5 goals.... ESPN says his +/_ was -1 but I know he was on the PK for those two goals so i am not sure if plus minus is not calculated against power plays. God he is bad...

So lets talk offense.... it is beyond sad and horrible that a team can have not one, not two, not three, but FOUR powerplays and not have a single shot on goal??? That has to be a record... and even worse if its the playoffs. Everyone struggled tonight... our small size and them targeting nico and hughes with all the hitting is going to take a toll... and i dont see a way around it.... you combined that with a slow start (not even a registered shot in the first 10 minutes of play, while going down 2 to nothing AND we had two power plays during that time??? Beyond bad. I thought they settled in after that... but when you are facing such an elite goaltender... You cant get behind by 2 goals or its almost impossible to come out on top.. and if you get down by three.... its over. I would like to shake this game off and say its just game 1 jitters and they will be better next game... but i dont have a good feeling about this series now.... Rags were locked in focused... we were not... Palate once again had point blank chances... and nothing to show for it... how many devils just flat out missed the net sailing pucks that beat their goalie only to sail too high and out of play...

This is going to be a short hard series to watch if we dont improve and fast... If the Rags play this way the rest of the series... i hate to say it.. but we will just be out beaten by a bigger stronger team... our speed was nothing because of there size... and our shots were nothing if we dont hit the net.. You cant score if you miss the net or pucks are blocked always.. and going 0-4 on a PP with NO shots on goal should NEVER happen... not in the regular season and certainly not in the playoffs..... Terrible performance all around... I hope Ruff rights the ship and fast... or this is going to be a very short post season...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final score did not reflect how competitive that game was. The Devils controlled the puck most of the game, only gave up 22 shots and missed a shitload of open shots. When they did hit the net Igor was outstanding. Miller coughed up the puck in bad spots multiple times and the Devils couldn't take advantage. This could just be opening playoffs jitters by a young team going up against a team that has a lot of playoff experience from last year or from their prior teams.
Vanecek should have saved the Tarasenko goal, he was out of position and went down too early. He'll need to be much better if they're going to win this series. Igor was the best goalie in the league (Not playing in Boston) the last month of the season and it looks like he carried it into the playoffs.
The special teams were awful for the Devils. One would think Ruff would have them more prepared for the things the Rangers do which is not all that much. You simply can't leave Krieder alone near the net when you're down a man, Fox will find him every time. The powerplay not getting a shot in 4 tries is confounding. The Rangers have a good penalty kill but no one is that good.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers did very well on their end and we failed to beat them both on the ice and from our bench. Unfortunately for us Igor was starting to heat up as he made some great decisions to come out for the saves. Rangers definitely have something figured out to cause so much disruption to our flow.

What I like from our game:
- We really did control most of the game. Its the classic, one team owns possession or majority of the time but yet trail on the scoreboard. The NYR cashed in on their early minimal chances. Even at 2-0, still didn't feel out of it cuz we had been controlling the puck for the most part. Just failed to put on shots and goals. So it was useless in the end.
- Nico fucking played. He was leading by example out there and I hope our team continues to rally behind that effort.
- Faceoffs, felt the faceoffs win are a good sign from the team. A regular season success that came over to the playoffs is huge for our squad where so many other successful accomplishments didn't.
- Timo Time.... he was trying on his limited opportunities. By limited, I'll chirp that in below. Timo was getting shots and attacking the net, the only thing you could ask for more from him is literally just to score.

Ok.. honestly pretty sad with the above likes..., here comes the "you're fucking killing me" from the game:
- Anyone else wants to play playoffs hockey? Outside of Nico, Jack, timo, Severson and our Devils coverage on MSG, I didnt see anyone truly show up.
-- Disappointing overall game from Bratt.. for a guy who thinks should be paid as much or more than Jack really dropped the ball here. We need more from him and not to fall into a shell. He's no stranger to this level, been here before along with Nico so no excuse.
-- Tatar, i see some were happy with his play. I mean it wasn't garbage but he did not come through for the moments. He needs to play better.
-- Hamilton was awful.... for the first time, i saw a slow footed and careless play from our best Dmen. He was out of place and overworked it looked like. Did not like that, i expect better
--BMW, Boqvist, Dawson, Palat.... care to play? lets goooo!
- Timo needs more ice time, Ruff needs to make it happen. Can't be seeing Tatar, Palat, Haula getting so much opportunity and blowing it while Meier is making the most he can in limited fashion, whether thats Ice time or lineups. Timo and Nico need to happen.
- We were over passive a lot. I cringed when the pass was made without looking. It was actually irresponsible of the receiving the player to call for the pass without realizing he himself aint open. OMG, plenty of times where it screamed shoot me but the pass was made instead and a turnover came out of it. Passing is our butter, I know but we need to balance it.... shoot the fucking puck. One specific one was Jack had the puck, in line for a wrister for himself but Haula called for it(slap stick on ice), mind you not a crime, but Jack was in better position for his own shot but passed instead but Haula wasn't open at all. It was irresponisble on Haula's part. Many guys did that.
-- the passing was not crisp, it led to too many errors, clean it up.
- VV gives me no hope... lol... i laugh cuz i need to. He's not complete zero confidence for me but he's no way a guy you can win with. I understood and accepted it in the season. Too streaky and unreliable for the saves. he'll have his great games yes but these games, we need more. He's one of 16 starting goalies left playing, raise your game and attention!

sorry for long post, i can go on for more but halftime lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to drive the middle and throw everything at the net. The cross ice passing and skating the perimeter will not fly moving forward. Bratt and Timo looking for big contracts? Better get their act together because neither look like superstars or even stars for that matter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to drive the middle and throw everything at the net. The cross ice passing and skating the perimeter will not fly moving forward. Bratt and Timo looking for big contracts? Better get their act together because neither look like superstars or even stars for that matter.
Thought Timo did a lot more in limited snaps

He's playing with Haula n Boqvist

He has no help